Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aronofsky directing a Batman reboot with an Arkham tone would make me VERY happy! :woot:

Every big budget flick that comes out faces this same risk. WB needs to grow a pair, hire some quality talent and get to work. Marvel didn't achieve their success by playing 'wait and see'.

This is not any run of the mill tent pole flick. This is not even any average superhero flick. This is the Justice League. Not 'The Avengers' where half of their roster is comprised of non powered or barely enhanced characters.

Four of the top five Justice League characters require major special effects done on a groundbreaking level. All of this and much more requires a budget, the size of which would make Kevin Feige wet his pants.

And while we're on the subject, the Marvel strategy couldn't have pussyfoot it's way to The Avengers more if it tried. They played it completely safe by making incremental movies, the last two not much more than prologues to The Avengers.

The size of their budgets, or lack thereof, speak for themselves.

Every big budget flick that comes out faces this same risk. WB needs to grow a pair, hire some quality talent and get to work. Marvel didn't achieve their success by playing 'wait and see'.

If Marvel Studios was a person, they would be a laid-back, funny and outgoing trendsetter who always has something new to talk about or show. If WB was a person, they'd be someone dressed in dark clothing who's more sophisticated than Marvel but still doesn't realize their true potential. WB would be respected by others due to being best friends with Nolan, but would still fear rejection because of how they've been treated in the past(GL) and would fearfully stay inside staring out the window at Marvel who is outside being the life of the party.:oldrazz:

Nolan's films are more sophisticated (to this point), but I don't see WB as that. Potential is the unrealized subjectivity for many fans.

Last edited:
Nolan's films more sophisticated (to this point), but I don't see WB as that. Potential is unrealized subjectivity

Why not? Man of Steel seems to keep up the sophistication and WB is weary of doing cbms after GL tanked. After Marvel set the bar with The Avengers, DC followed and put JL on track(this time, for real). WB does have potential and has the entire DC universe to use, but so far that potential has been wasted because they're hesitant to use any heroes who aren't Batman and Superman, especially after GL. They've just been playing wait and see(seeing if Marvel could pull off avengers).Everything makes sense imo.

This is not any run of the mill tent pole flick. This is not even any average superhero flick. This is the Justice League. Not 'The Avengers' where half of their roster is comprised of non powered *BZZZT CRACKLE STATIC BZZZT*

This is the part where I tune you out after the realization that you're another one of those types who likes to fight it out over whose funnybook universe is best. So have fun playing with yourself while you wait for the nervous nellies WB to decide if they're going to make their movie or not.

Why not? Man of Steel seems to keep up the sophistication and WB is weary of doing cbms after GL tanked. After Marvel set the bar with The Avengers, DC followed and put JL on track(this time, for real). WB does have potential and has the entire DC universe to use, but so far that potential has been wasted because they're hesitant to use any heroes who aren't Batman and Superman, especially after GL. They've just been playing wait and see(seeing if Marvel could pull off avengers).Everything makes sense imo.

I think they have plenty of potential, and I want them to succeed, but sooner or later they have to **** or get off the pot.

I think they have plenty of potential, and I want them to succeed, but sooner or later they have to **** or get off the pot.

I fully agree. I think MoS is going to blow the lid right off and set a new bar. Let's hope this is DC's IM-type hit because if it is, we'll be seeing JL in 2 years.

That was my point, WB are keeping up with Nolan's style (or so called sophistication). Snyder looks to have completely aped his style in the trailers. If that is sophistication on Warner's part then we will disagree on that.

As far as potential, I agree, DC has big potential. That's a no-brainer. But potential in fans eyes doesn't always fit with reality. Like the lack of vision by studio heads to see that potential, or just overrating the appetite for the GA for certain properties. I have predicted big things for MoS, check the Box Office thread.

@Crazymaverick

A JL budget would not make Feige wet his pants, I can promise you that, especially now that he's no longer heading the little indie that could. But it was the funniest thing I've read all day, I needed a good laugh.

Last edited:
This is not any run of the mill tent pole flick. This is not even any average superhero flick. This is the Justice League. Not 'The Avengers' where half of their roster is comprised of non powered or barely enhanced characters.

Four of the top five Justice League characters require major special effects done on a groundbreaking level. All of this and much more requires a budget, the size of which would make Kevin Feige wet his pants.

I would think a well-done JL movie could be done on an Avengers-style budget (which was $230M). Going higher than $250M is asking for trouble, though.

I actually agree with WB in the sense that they should take their time with the project and not throw out a quick , lazy, effort in order to cash in. As far as I'm concerned ,a deliberated and well crafted game plan is much better then just going full steam ahead without and plan ,and regardless of what may be best for the individual properties involved.

Now if WB's plan is to do Nothing with individual properties,( i.e. Wonder Woman, Flash, and GL reboots won't move foward if MOS tanks or is underwhelming ), then that is quite foolish move indeed imo.

So while , I can understand why fans are up in arms about the news, I actually support WB taking a deep breath, stepping back, and waiting to see how MOS turns out.

Snyder looks to have completely aped his style in the trailers.
This film , judging by the trailer, is shot absolutely nothing like a Nolan film.

The take-off scene alone is unlike anything seen in the TDK trilogy.

The colour palette is also different, this film uses a high-contrast, over exposed aesthetic whereas Nolan films tend to use a specific motif; BB was orange, TDK was blue and TDKR was grey.

There are more close-ups in general, Nolan prefers his wide angles.

It's more down-to-earth than Snyder's other films, but Nolan didn't invent realistic cinematography. Reality did.

JAK®;25092327 said:
This film , judging by the trailer, is shot absolutely nothing like a Nolan film.

The take-off scene alone is unlike anything seen in the TDK trilogy.

The colour palette is also different, this film uses a high-contrast, over exposed aesthetic whereas Nolan films tend to use a specific motif; BB was orange, TDK was blue and TDKR was grey.

There are more close-ups in general, Nolan prefers his wide angles.

It's more down-to-earth than Snyder's other films, but Nolan didn't invent realistic cinematography. Reality did.

Of course there are some differences, but the realistc cinematography and tone of the film looks very much in the vein of Nolan, not so much Snyder's previous films, coincidence? I have only watched the trailer a few times so I haven't made note of the close-ups, I'll take your word for it.

"It's more down-to-earth than Snyder's other films, but Nolan didn't invent realistic cinematography. Reality did"

I'm not sure if this is meant to be informational, humorous, smart***, or all three, but either way nice line at the end, I'm a convert. :word:

Last edited:
"It's more down-to-earth than Snyder's other films, but Nolan didn't invent realistic cinematography. Reality did"

I'm not sure if this is meant to be informational, humorous, smart***, or all three, but either way nice line at the end, I'm a convert. :word:
Thank you, I'm quite proud of it myself.

Cinematography wise, MoS and TDK are very different. (handheld, closeups, Malick style, etc)
Even Superman Returns and TDK are closer together.

However, the overall tone of MoS is much closer to TDK than Superman Returns is to TDK because of the story's tone, the music, the art direction (costumes), etc.

Will bealls JL script has to be rewritten judging from Gangter squad-Golden boy my ass.He came up with a brilliant concept for the JL movie but I dont think he can deliver on it.

For rewrites I wld like Waid and Morrison on it-Morrison especially.

Now if WB's plan is to do Nothing with individual properties,( i.e. Wonder Woman, Flash, and GL reboots won't move foward if MOS tanks or is underwhelming ), then that is quite foolish move indeed imo.

Quite frankly I dont expect WB to do anthing with the individual properties regardless of MOS.If any one gets a solo movie itll be because they gained Hulk-like buzz fom the JL-WB is perfectly content with Bats and Supes.So dont expect spinofs really.

That being said if Marcel stasrts having huge succeses(not just decent successes) with their solo franchises WB will ape them by greenlighting the solos

The budget for Justice League would have to $300m.

They would need that much for the effects budget. It would have to look as good as Avatar did when it came out in 2009 so it would blow everybody away.

Would have to be done in 3D to guarentee a bigger return.

And the story would have to invest us into this infinite world where we and the GA go "wow imagine living in that world".

Haha there have been soooo many movies that destroyed Avatar's visual effects

Haha there have been soooo many movies that destroyed Avatar's visual effects
No other film has come close to the scale of effects that Avatar has achieved. There's a reason it took 4 years to make. Because the amount of effects required was insane, and it all had to look real and consistent.

Sure, there have been several movies that managed to achieve a photorealistic standard of effects, but it's a matter of scale. They didn't have nearly as much effects overall.

If Marvel Studios was a person, they would be a laid-back, funny and outgoing trendsetter who always has something new to talk about or show. If WB was a person, they'd be someone dressed in dark clothing who's more sophisticated than Marvel but still doesn't realize their true potential. WB would be respected by others due to being best friends with Nolan, but would still fear rejection because of how they've been treated in the past(GL) and would fearfully stay inside staring out the window at Marvel who is outside being the life of the party.:oldrazz:
I'll take this comment with a grain of salt because even though it's a new product,what Marvel dishes out every 3 friggin months is not exactly "new". It's pretty much the same premise used over and over again.

But i do agree with ur WB comment. So much potential but they dont have any clue of what to do most of the time.

I'll take this comment with a grain of salt because even though it's a new product,what Marvel dishes out every 3 friggin months is not exactly "new". It's pretty much the same premise used over and over again.

But i do agree with ur WB comment. So much potential but they dont have any clue of what to do most of the time.

What I was saying was Marvel releases two movies yearly, so they always have something new to talk about and share.

This is the part where I tune you out after the realization that you're another one of those types who likes to fight it out over whose funnybook universe is best. So have fun playing with yourself while you wait for the nervous nellies WB to decide if they're going to make their movie or not.

Then maintain your focus long enough to read this post. Don't tune out now! I know you can do it!

Batman Begins - Production Budget: $150 million
Superman Returns - Production Budget: $270 million
The Dark Knight - Production Budget: $185 million
Green Lantern - Production Budget: $200 million
The Dark Knight Rises - Production Budget: $250 million

Average production budget - $211 million.

Iron Man - Production Budget: $140 million
The Incredible Hulk - Production Budget: $150 million
Iron Man 2 - Production Budget: $200 million
Thor - Production Budget: $150 million
Captain America - Production Budget: $140 million
The Avengers - Production Budget: $220 million

Average production budget - $167 million.

They're not even in the same ball park.

(Source: boxofficemojo.com)

Furthermore, even though I'm a DC fan, I don't think less of Marvel. They're just different in my eyes that's all. The budgets and size of their movie efforts however, is just a matter of cold, hard facts.

And that was my point in case you missed it again.

Last edited:
June 19th, 2015 is provisional release date........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"