• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect 3 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm okay with Shep's tale ending, actually. I've been getting back into epic fantasy novels lately, so the fact that we're getting a story here that is, by and large, done within 3 major "chapters" is actually pretty refreshing to me while I wait for the 5th book of one fantasy series and the 13th of another to be released.

I was wondering where BioWare got all the personnel to work on and release, what, like 5 or 6 DLC segments while simultaneously getting within a year of releasing ME 3. But I figured maybe they were just using some of their devs from other BioWare offices. (I think the Montreal one usually handles ME, right?)

I suspect this delay is more about not released amidst a flurry of major releases than an inability to actually finish before the end of 2011.

From what I've read it seems that ME2 was finished around the end of 2009 but they delayed it for similar reasons with games like Uncharted 2 and Dragon Age Origins already coming out.

The thing is like I said there were a lot of little jokes and extra bits that they were able to throw in with that the time they got as a result, as well as starting work on ME3, so if anything the delay means we'll get more bits of content here and there.

I think this delay probably has more to do with EA and Bioware not wanting it to get buried under all the big games hitting at the end of the year.

Edit: Goddamn it, Upset Spideyfan! :cmad:

clothes_ninja_uniform.jpg

Ah, I never even thought of that. That seems a bit odd, though. I mean, I could understand lower-tier games not wanting to come out amidst a big feeding frenzy of major titles, but this is Mass Effect. Isn't it right up there with the other big triple-A franchises for the 360 by this point, at least?

I don't think Mass Effect is as "big" as a lot of us would like to believe.

The ME games sell well but they're not uber-blockbuster level. The last I read the ME games combined have sold over 7 million units total.

The thing is EA is releasing Battlefield 3 and possibly The Old Republic around the same time so I can understand the desire not to compete with yourself.

Maybe the critical acclaim skews it. I always hear as much about ME 3 on big gaming news sites as I do about Gears or CoD or whatever.

I'm ok with this this gives time for 4 things. for me to build up money for the finale collectors editions that is ME3 . For them to polish the game. for them to buy off obsiden since obsid had major layoffs last week. and lastly I wasn't sure what I was gonna do with Deus ex Revo and brink coming out this year with that . the former I might buy the collectors for as well. so I'm good.

It was inevitable. From the moment I saw the release date, I knew it would be too soon. But it's for the best, because I know Bioware will deliver.

FYI: BioWare's facebook page is interviewing Mark Meer tomorrow and they're asking fans what we'd like to have him say for a voice message.

I said "I'm Commander Shepard and you've reached the voice mail of my favorite person on the Citadel."

:)

http://www.facebook.com/masseffect/posts/10150170217156645

It could replace my David Hayter Solid Snake voice mail message from YEARS ago.

I'm not surprised either, the months fly by very quickly.

I think most people were expecting this. Especially when you consider the other games releasing this fall.

I think most people were expecting this. Especially when you consider the other games releasing this fall.

I was expecting this more because Mass Effect 1 to 2 was about 26 months and the schedule between Mass Effect 2 to 3 would've been only 21.

No surprise the game is delayed, waayy too packed this season. I doubt this will be the only game to slip into early 2012

Makes sense, and if it gives ME3 more room to breathe and be financially successful, then I'm for it. I'm slightly relieved, because I don't know if I can afford everything I want this year.

It'll be like ME2, where it came out at the beginning of the year and still remained in people's minds 11 months down the line.

I really hope they work on adding more RPG aspects and polish that since they are taking more time. I got enough games to get me through this year though, if it were a slow year I'd complain, this year, nah, I'm kinda glad it is delayed.

I expected the delay. EA doesn't want anything messing with Battlefield 3, especially it's own games. Plus, the early months of the year have been proven to be a successful time for ME games.

It's better for the game anyway, as Bioware will have extra time to finish the game & make it the epic finale we deserve!

I really hope they work on adding more RPG aspects and polish that since they are taking more time. I got enough games to get me through this year though, if it were a slow year I'd complain, this year, nah, I'm kinda glad it is delayed.

Some gaming sites are speculating the reason for the delay was the opposite.

Link 1 Link 2

I'm not pissed at all that it's been delayed, tbh. I'll play it when it omes out and I'm very excited, but I definitely need time for Skyrim first.

Yay! I wanted it delayed and Im so glad it is. Really I thought it was expected. No way did I see it coming out this year. There is just TOO much stuff coming out this November and good games would go unplayed/unnoticed bc of the bloated content available. I'll gladly take this game at a later date when I can have more time to apperciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"