Person Of Interest - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The machine went full sci fi, Amy Acker was brilliant. I think the plan was to set Carter up all along, they probably didn't want to drop another NYPD body so soon after Beecher and the other 2.

i dunno, the cop that was going to shoot her looked pretty surprised at what happened.

The final message the machine sent out
29qmv5v.jpg

when translated to ascii it says the following

''Quis custodiet ipsos custodes''

''"Who will guard the guards themselves?"

between this and the other messages it sends out, its certainly a cry for help.

Person of Interest - Recap of "Zero Day"
Person of Interest Executive Producers Jonathan Nolan & Greg Plageman recap "Zero Day" and discuss story elements heading into the end of the show's 2nd Season

I'd guess that he just improvised because he didn't really want to hurt her and saw a way to get rid of her without killing her. Pretty stupid of him since Carter now knows for sure that he's dirty so if she beats the bad shooting rap then ht's in trouble.

Ok, I'm halfway through season 2 and I have a potentially dumb question but it's bothering me:
The machine knows when someone is about to die, right?. So when the number of the perpetrator appears, shouldn't the number of the victim appear too? And viceversa?

Last edited:
I believe the machine can detect when someone is in danger it cant detect if they gonna die or not.

I believe the machine can detect when someone is in danger it cant detect if they gonna die or not.

Fair enough, the machine detects someone in danger and/or someone who will put another person in danger, it should also detect who represents a threat. The same way sometimes detects the victim, and sometimes the perpetrator.
What I mean is, everytime a number appears, it should also appear the number of the other person (v or p).

Whoo another intense episode!! Lookin' forward to the finale especially with that cliffhanger. I wonder if Shaw will get promoted to a Regular next Season or that depends on whether she lives or dies in the Season Finale.

And Amy Acker, damn she is so sexy especially seeing that she always plays a baddie!!! Luv 'er!! :hrt:

I keep thinking Shaw is going to be their spin-off character. But we'll see I suppose.

Man, Sarah Shahi is hot though :) .

Who (I think it was in this thread) said they wanted Root and Shaw to be a team like anti-Finch and Reese? Root seemed to like the idea.

If Shaw can get over Root trying to torture here with a clothing iron.

Any new hints about the Person of Interest finale? — Richard
ADAM:
Look for another major download of answers about Finch's past, including exactly what tragedy befell his former partner Nathan Ingram and how that moment led Finch to take up Nathan's mantle with regards to doing the work of The Machine. But given Finch's alleged recent betrayals of Reese, is their partnership also destined to end in flames? Also, in the race to save The Machine, expect more resolution than your traditional cliff-hanger. "At the end of this 24-hour period, someone is going to control The Machine, and the identity of that someone is something of a surprise," creator Jonathan Nolan says. "We consider this finale the end of one chapter. Next season is a brave new world."

I'd guess that he just improvised because he didn't really want to hurt her and saw a way to get rid of her without killing her. Pretty stupid of him since Carter now knows for sure that he's dirty so if she beats the bad shooting rap then ht's in trouble.

It's possible, I just feel the way they have built up HR none of their men would alter an assignment. I wonder if Carter will be fighting the charge into next season as there doesn't seem a lot of room in the finale for Reese and Finch to help her with HR.

I wouldn't at all suprised if Reece and his ex partner were tasked to killed Nathan Ingram as an assigment.

I'm assuming Ingram's death and Finch's injury are related.

I'm assuming Ingram's death and Finch's injury are related.

My first thought was actually that Finch accidently was responsible for Ingram's death in a struggle between the two. Since, there's an episode in Season 1 that, in flashback, has the Machine pick out Ingram as a potential threat. I thought that maybe Finch and Ingram would get into an argument, a slight brawl, Finch would get injured and Ingram would die by accident at Finch's hand. This leads to his insistence on the Machine not being wrong since, if it was, he'd have accidently killed his friend over a computer glitch.

Probably not it but that was what I thought a while back.

Any new hints about the Person of Interest finale? — Richard
ADAM:
Look for another major download of answers about Finch's past, including exactly what tragedy befell his former partner Nathan Ingram and how that moment led Finch to take up Nathan's mantle with regards to doing the work of The Machine. But given Finch's alleged recent betrayals of Reese, is their partnership also destined to end in flames? Also, in the race to save The Machine, expect more resolution than your traditional cliff-hanger. "At the end of this 24-hour period, someone is going to control The Machine, and the identity of that someone is something of a surprise," creator Jonathan Nolan says. "We consider this finale the end of one chapter. Next season is a brave new world."

I'm calling it now... it's Bear. Bear-controlled machine FTW...:o

i was thinking carter. she's wanted to know how they got their info for a while now.

are we absolutely positively SURE that Nathan Ingram is definitely dead?

Who does Carter and Fusco respond to? I mean, they must give some kind of explanation about where they get all this leads to some boss or captain, right?
They always go on their own.

(by the way, the latest I saw was the mystery murder during the storm. Great atmosphere, one of the most enjoyable hours of the show)

are we absolutely positively SURE that Nathan Ingram is definitely dead?

All we have as proof is a newspaper article and a bust of his head , that gives us any indicaiton that he has died, we have yet to see his actual death (which I suspect they will show in the season finale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"