Person Of Interest - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we have as proof is a newspaper article and a bust of his head , that gives us any indicaiton that he has died, we have yet to see his actual death (which I suspect they will show in the season finale)

you're probably right, but I just have this VERY weird feeling that somehow, Nathan is still alive... and if that's so, I wouldn't be surprised if he's orchestrating some of what's been happening with the Machine or that he's involved in SOME way...

just a weird gut feeling at this point...

you're probably right, but I just have this VERY weird feeling that somehow, Nathan is still alive... and if that's so, I wouldn't be surprised if he's orchestrating some of what's been happening with the Machine or that he's involved in SOME way...

just a weird gut feeling at this point...

Could happen, but it would seem like such a cop out for this show, I mean they already played that whole ''faked their death'' card with Kara ( Reece's former partner) not to mention both Reece and Finch are ''dead'' as well.

Could happen, but it would seem like such a cop out for this show, I mean they already played that whole ''faked their death'' card with Kara ( Reece's former partner) not to mention both Reece and Finch are ''dead'' as well.

well, we'll just have to wait and see, but by some wild chance that it turns out that it IS Nathan as the behind-the-scenes man involved for control of the Machine, remember where you heard it first, folks... :woot:

Wow, that was an incredible finale. They answered every question I had, and then some.
The flashbacks were hard to watch, especially the one where Finch had to duck out of the hospital, while Grace searched for him, and found the hollowed book he used to propose to her with. Also, I felt bad for Ingram.

With the part of the history presented, I hope it does not mean that they are done with Ingram; I enjoyed his flashbacks, and hope to see him in season three, if not in another Nolan production.

I was happy they wrapped up as many threads as they did and spun new ones for the next season.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. You can't end like that. You can't just tell us something like [BLACKOUT]the Machine controls itself[/BLACKOUT] and then end it. No. No. No. Why do you torture us so, Nolan?

[BLACKOUT]That last flashback, with the explosion, Ingram's death, injury and Finch faking his death had me in tears. Finch's flashbacks keep pulling on my heart strings but that one just cracked me.

Why do you torture us like this, Nolan? Hinting at a new big bad.........wait until next season for her. I can't wait to see what's up with her. I assume she's Greer's boss maybe?

So many possibilities with the machine controlling itself. I wonder why it's calling Root.

Also, the car reveal felt to me a lot like Skyfall when they revealed the Aston Martin.

One thing I didn't get though, what's Decima's role in this? Are they just left open for next season? Sorry if I missed something but it just felt odd to me that Greer didn't show up. [/BLACKOUT]

GREAT finale. I remember when last season, Person of Interest had the best season finale then...and POI could end up having the best season finale this year as well :up:

So the Machine contacts the government, Reese/Finch and also Root, huh? Interesting.

Great season finale, I'd say even better than last season's. It tied up a lot loose ends but also gave us a tease of what is to come in Season 3. Can't wait to see what Nolan has cooked up for next season.

I'll be curious to see what they do with this new female adversary.

You know, with Fusco having been out of the picture the last two episodes of season two...I hope they either have something worthwhile for that character next season or they just kill him off. I really like that character and it sucks when you don't see him in the season finale.

Because it's not like they didn't have a billion other things to do... :o

Sometimes someone has to draw the short straw.

You know, with Fusco having been out of the picture the last two episodes of season two...I hope they either have something worthwhile for that character next season or they just kill him off. I really like that character and it sucks when you don't see him in the season finale.
I saw it as a way for them to get Carter more involved with HR than she been so far and also show the lengths she'll go to protect Fusco and in turn, Reese and Finch. How Elias fits into the equation will be the next big question they need to answer. I'm sure some things involving the Russian mob's beef with Elias will bleed over into all the other story lines.

Because it's not like they didn't have a billion other things to do... :o

Sometimes someone has to draw the short straw.

Being mentioned as being on a case in the previous episode and then nothing about him in this episode isn't the short straw...it's getting no straws because the person who bought the straws didn't have any left :o

I saw it as a way for them to get Carter more involved with HR than she been so far and also show the lengths she'll go to protect Fusco and in turn, Reese and Finch. How Elias fits into the equation will be the next big question they need to answer. I'm sure some things involving the Russian mob's beef with Elias will bleed over into all the other story lines.

But still...I think Fusco could have been shown at least once in the season finale. Maybe as the getaway driver even for when Carter saved Elias. But zilch.

Did you see the cameos?
tumblr_mmkdpgixGU1ru3v7ho2_500.png

Greg Plageman, Richard J. Lewis, and Jonathan Nolan :awesome:

Nice cameo....

Bloody good season finale...

Check it out when we first hear about Root in season 1 episode 13 at the end of the episode she contacts Finch via IRC chat

Then in season 2 episode 21 she contacts him again via IRC chat

I just think its cool that they stick with the same IP and Port address

So was Finch the one that had the physical machine moved in preparation for the virus setting it free?

It was a desperate play by Carter to save Elias but I think she felt he could help her with HR, a case of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Also has anyone noticed that Reese has started calling her Joss regularly?

The flashbacks filling in the final pieces of the Finch and Ingram story were great, I really felt for Finch as he agonized over the fact he couldn't be with Grace anymore.

As cool as Reese and Shaw were as a badass tandem the coolest moment was when the government group's honcho realized he was going to get whacked and he just made a resigned face and said "Fair enough" :funny:

As for the reveal of a new female big bad above the aforementioned honcho, I'm guessing she goes even higher up in the Government, maybe to the White House.

It seems the machine has decided to keep contacting the two sets of people it has always contacted, but I wonder if Finch and Reese are no longer gonna get numbers through the computer in the Library loft place. I'm also curious if the machine really contacted Root or if she's cracked and was imagining it.

The end of season 1 sort of closed the loop with Reese and his old girlfriend. This season closed the loop with Finch and Ingram and his fiance.

There was a lot going on in this finale it really could've been a three-parter. Decima was all but pushed aside in this episode and that was disappointing.

Also what is Decima? Do they work for the Chinese are they just a shadow group for hire? The old guy who got the stolen laptop seemed to be working for the Chinese when we first saw him.

There were a few contradictions in this episode. The machine was "set free" three years earlier and yet in the season premiere we saw the machine in what looked like a government office. A bunch of giant hard drive looking things. It looked like it was in D.C. or something like that not a nuclear facility.

Also the fact that the machine is free and independent now is pretty terrifying. For starters, the machine seems to view Root as an asset and is working with Root at the end. It's still giving numbers to the government and Reese and Finch. OK.

I mean always had an inkling the machine was dangerous. In season 1 we would see it evaluating characters like Reese and it would mark him down with several multiple choice options and it opted to continue "observing" Reese for now. What happens if the machine decides people such as Reese and Finch are no longer assets?

I think ultimately at some point, the machine AI is going to become the main villain and use assassins to hunt down Reese and Finch.

So was Finch the one that had the physical machine moved in preparation for the virus setting it free?

The Machine mimicked the senator's voice to authorize the government to move it so that it wouldn't be tampered with.

There were a few contradictions in this episode. The machine was "set free" three years earlier and yet in the season premiere we saw the machine in what looked like a government office. A bunch of giant hard drive looking things. It looked like it was in D.C. or something like that not a nuclear facility.

The drives were in government locations (now an unknown warehouse). It's only free as in no one can give it orders or tie down the software. It's body (the drives) was in a government facility but the software can do whatever it wants.

I loved the scene with Roots emotional breakdown when she realises the machine is gone, you really feel for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"