RoboCop Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you maybe shop part of the forearms silver too? Like in this design?

For an outside sunny phone picture, the suit looks very cool. sleeker and just more modern. Not surprised at all. But I'll wait until official stuff starts coming out with the proper lighting that really gives the suit a fair chance of being seen.

He looks more like Iron Man than RoboCop.

I love it.

Quite a few people were saying the suit needed to keep only the chin guard and visor for the 'iconic' look. They kept it... and yet people still complain?

Funny how the world works.

the style of the suit itself is cool, but i don't like that it's all one color

really like the helmet though. kept in line with the original, just upgraded.

To everyone freaking, it has already been said that Robocop has 2 modes. A social mode w/ the classic colors and a battle mode with the black colors.

So calm down, breath, and know we'll get something like this
hfkk0.jpg

I like it well enough. The helmet/visor is fantastic, and the lines work very well with Kinnamon's frame. If the suit changes colors, odds are it will have a silver/blue variation in some fashion.

The original Robocop looked like a man in a suit/shell, too. It was just a bulkier suit.

When it changes colors, it was said to make him look like a human officer in a blue uniform. Then when he goes into "intimidation mode", it changes to all black to look like a SWAT officer.

To everyone freaking, it has already been said that Robocop has 2 modes. A social mode w/ the classic colors and a battle mode with the black colors.

So calm down, breath, and know we'll get this
they dont like the swat mode colors. so when he is in the swat mode they will not like him. right? i guess all the action will be in swat mode right? or will he be in social mode?

and noone is freaking out. i see very calm posts from SHH member. some of them even wrotte that that they hope that in the movie it will look good. they wrotte this so that noone would attack them.

always the one who like the suit are more attacking and freaking then the ones who dont like it. it always the other way around

i was unaware of the two modes... well, if they do have the classic color scheme, im happy :)

For anybody who needs to know the different suit versions, it goes like this:

Robocop 1.0: looks like the original suit, but is turned down, because in the script, a test study with criminals make fun of it and say it looks silly. They even sarcastically reference Eddie Yang(the guy who designed Iron Man in the movies).

Robocop 2.0: Looks similar to the 1.0 variation with minor tweeks, but his armor is tinted green, so it probably looks like Master Chief from Halo.

Robocop 3.0: Is still similar to the others, but his armor is now black, and has a big OCP sign on its back.

Robocop 4.0: This suit can now change colors. It has a civilian mode that makes him look like a cop in a blue uniform. When he sense danger, he'll go into "intimidation mode", and his suit changes colors to all black and looks like a SWAT uniform.

I think it's going to much more robotic in the actual film, considering this image doeas look like that suit AND looks robotic:
ZLlqF.jpg

That silver photoshop of the suit is pretty cool. Hand looks really out of place and is glaringly impractical, though, if it's true that it's actually in the movie and that this isn't just a case of a glove being removed during filming. The suggested rational of "humanizing" Robocop to the public doesn't do much for me; I mean, he's got a face. I don't know if the hand adds much when you consider that.

It could also be for practical stuff, I havent read the script but the hand could be use for several stuff a robotic hand would have trouble with, I'm thinking mostly using touch-screens and most importantly shaking hand with the public to co-inline with the "not scaring the **** out of people"-stance Omni Corp wants.

Looks okay but I think the slim look makes it more "future swat team member"

I prefer the bulkiness from the original movie and even the Iron man movies.

YzveU.jpg

It could also be for practical stuff, I havent read the script but the hand could be use for several stuff a robotic hand would have trouble with, I'm thinking mostly using touch-screens and most importantly shaking hand with the public to co-inline with the "not scaring the **** out of people"-stance Omni Corp wants.

Again, he has a face. If they want to go with the "not scaring the public" route, give him a retractable visor that show his face. And as for things like touch-screens, I'd assume they build tech into him, that lets him control any computer wireless. Having an armored body, with a vulnerable hand seems kind of stupid.

Again, he has a face. If they want to go with the "not scaring the public" route, give him a retractable visor that show his face. And as for things like touch-screens, I'd assume they build tech into him, that lets him control any computer wireless. Having an armored body, with a vulnerable hand seems kind of stupid.
So he shouldnt touch people at all? What if he saves a small kid or an elderly woman and he needs to comfort them. From a corporation marketing standpoint, having a human hand so he can greet, comfort, pat or whatnot, people who could be afraid of a big robot makes perfectly good sense. You cant just smile at a victim to comfort it. Touching is a very effective way to establish trust.

Now will his hand be cold? or still have blood running through it. A cold hand could provide some nice scenes.

They can still give him a cybernetic hand with some heat flowing to it.

Robocop-2013-Armor-Concept-Art-Header.jpeg

I can't seem to find this concept art in the previous thread but the suit does bear a striking resemblance .

I love the original suit and all, but I never liked how slow RoboCop seemed. I'm sure this new suit will allow him to move a little quicker.

I really hope Kinnaman keeps Weller's cowboy gun shooting movements, though.

Now will his hand be cold? or still have blood running through it. A cold hand could provide some nice scenes.

They can still give him a cybernetic hand with some heat flowing to it.

i can live with a cybernetic hand having a heating unit flow throughout that hand, but not a real human hand...

Robocop is supposed to be robotic, removed from the emotions of man so that justice can be rightfully served, IMO at least... that way, human emotions dont cloud his judgment... until the third act anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"