RoboCop Reboot - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no the gun is in a holster, how dare they! i'm not going to see this movie now waaaaaaahh!

I wonder if they are gonna do any merchandise like RoboCop figures? I have 6 Robo's in my collection and would not mind adding another one.

RoboCop figures I own:
4" figure from the 1 season only TV show
6" figure from McFarlane Toys
7" Battle damaged from Neca
7" Opening leg holster from Neca
6" super articulated from Figma/Max Factory
18" Talking from Neca

they filmed a close up on him. so he needed to take the gun out. nothing to fear here.

the gun is in the leg.
Pretty much. They have the holster there so that he can draw the gun during close-up shots. I'd wager they had something similar for the first movie. They can do a CG shot of the leg opening and him grabbing it, then quick cut to him pulling the gun up and onto a target.They do things like this all the time. It's like in The Avengers, Hawkeye's quiver was actually empty and he almost never actually shot any arrows.

I wonder if they are gonna do any merchandise like RoboCop figures? I have 6 Robo's in my collection and would not mind adding another one.

RoboCop figures I own:
4" figure from the 1 season only TV show
6" figure from McFarlane Toys
7" Battle damaged from Neca
7" Opening leg holster from Neca
6" super articulated from Figma/Max Factory
18" Talking from Neca

I think Hottoys will release a new Robocop 12" figure.

Edit : I mean a new figure of the OLD Robocop not the new one but maybe there will be one

Last edited:
Abbie Cornish on Robocop.

You’ve done smaller, more character-based films and bigger-scale movies. Are there things that you enjoy about both, or do you do the bigger films to have the luxury of doing the smaller films?

CORNISH: To be honest, I enjoy all different types of films and experiences. RoboCop has been so much fun. The people are great. The cast and crew are great, and I’ve met some incredible people. I’ve had a great time with Joel Kinnaman, and I adore Gary Oldman. I would adopt him, just to be a part of my family. He is an absolute gem, that man. He is hilarious! I’ve had so many moments with him because, a lot of the time, we’d travel back to L.A. together. We’re at airports and on planes together a lot. One night, we shot until 5 a.m., and then we both had 20 minutes to get our bags and head to the airport to get on the 8 a.m. flight. He is the funniest guy! I had my kitten with me, and it was quarter past six in the morning and we both hadn’t slept for 24 hours. You have to weight the carrier, so that they know how much the cat weighs. We checked in together and [the lady] was like, “Can you put the cat on the scale, please?” So, he put the cat on the scale and she said the weight, and he went, “Oh, my gosh, she’s put on weight!” At quarter past six in the morning, to have Gary Oldman like that was just so classic. The guy is just so funny. His comedic timing is incredible. He always makes me laugh. And he’s one of the best actors I’ve ever worked with, for sure. And I think (director) José Padilha is a genius. He’s the reason why the movie is going to be really good. He’s the one that’s going to make the movie great.

Is it weird to make a film like RoboCop and have paparazzi all over, trying to get a shot of the suit?

CORNISH: It’s funny, you’d actually be amazed that it was only really like that once or twice. The rest of the time, we were in a ghost town. I actually thought it would be a lot worse. It had nothing to do with myself. It was just because it’s RoboCop, with the suit and all of that. It was just that first week. Once they got the pictures of the suit, no one really cared. There wasn’t really anything else to get. There were no scoops. It was just a bunch of actors making a movie with a really great crew. There wasn’t anything else for them to photograph.

http://collider.com/abbie-cornish-the-girl-robocop-interview/217324/

I have to say. That new suit is bad...ass.

Take a step back guys. Looks pretty awesome.

It is not badass, it is generic, already seen ( I don't say that the new suit is not good ).
The original suit at the time, was badass.

Since the movie is pushed back to 2014, when do you think we'll see the first official photos, or dare I say, a teaser clip?

Since the movie is pushed back to 2014, when do you think we'll see the first official photos, or dare I say, a teaser clip?

I'm guessing around the time Elysium is released. For three reasons:

1) Elysium is being released on Robocop's original release date, August 9th, which is approximately 6 months before the latter is released, which is February 7th. I'm willing to bet that a teaser will be released around that time, near the beginning of August. Not too little, not too much, but just enough time in advance to start publicity.

2) They're both being distributed by the same company (Columbia Pictures), so it makes sense for a teaser for Robocop to be attached to Elysium.

3) What better way to get publicity for Robocop than by attaching it to one of the most anticipated sci-fi films of the year? And Robocop needs all of the help it can get.

So what if Alex Murphy between his death and rebirth as Robocop was visited by the crow from The Crow and became... CrowboCop

It is not badass, it is generic, already seen ( I don't say that the new suit is not good ).
The original suit at the time, was badass.

Why can’t you just accept the fact that people love the new suit?

Stop trying to force your opinion. Who are you to tell him that the suit does not look badass? Are you him??? Do you two share the same brain?

Please do not insist that your opinion is the right way.

Last edited:
So what if Alex Murphy between his death and rebirth as Robocop was visited by the crow from The Crow and became... CrowboCop

Someone with better photoshop skills than me needs to do a manip... now. :woot:

After seeing the Tropa Di Elite duology, I want this movie to be successful so damn much.

Crowbocop?

Iufr8.png

I'm sure someone out there can do much better :oldrazz:

Just watched the original again for the first time in years. Bought it on blu-ray for $10.

Still as good as ever.

Good ol' Bob Morton and the models. Great scene. haha

They should really release on official pic of the suit. They shouldve done it before they starting filming outside

Makes sense. He scored the 2 Tropa Di Elite movies. As of now, nothing noteworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"