Splinter Cell: Blacklist

It's up there as the best in series if not the best

This.

I haven't finished the game yet(not even close) but it's by far the best title since Chaos Theory and even tops it in some ways. I haven't yet played any missions that really grabbed me the way some missions in CT did but iv only done two main missions. It's as much a return to form as it could possibly get.

I have found one thing I don't care for and that was Charlie's first mission. It was basically a 5 round horde mode and felt so entirely out of place. I can't complain too much tho as it is optional, but deff a poor mission choice for this game.

I did enjoy those missions though just because I love sneaking up on everyone killing them with no detections. Very rewarding feeling

Oh whoops that was Kobin's. Yeah that Charlie mission wasn't the best

Don't know how far I am through the game, but the campaign and Spies vs Mercs are excellent.

Oh whoops that was Kobin's. Yeah that Charlie mission wasn't the best

Yea the first Kobin mission i did was cool. Eliminating all the terrorist in the base i can buy. The whole stand your ground wave after wave kind of took me out of the experience.

I just did the 3rd mission and that was pretty damn cool. Still waiting on that level to really floor me, but so far, this game is absolutely everything iv wanted in a SC game. Great job Ubi Toronto.

whelp I'm an unhappy black list owner . and here's why, the upper echelon suit cross bow etc called the wolf pack wasn't inthe box when I picked it up I just head back to game stop /Eb games to ask them what the deal was and they knew I pre ordered it. and here's the deal it seem stupid person at Ubisoft left that part of the pre order out for the pc Disc version. ohhhhhhh Ubisoft.

Last edited:
whelp I'm an unhappy black list owner . and here's why, the upper echelon suit cross bow etc called the wolf pack wasn't inthe box when I picked it up I just head back to game stop /Eb games to ask them what the deal was and they knew I pre ordered it. and here's the deal it seem stupid person at Ubisoft left that part of the pre order out for the pc Disc version. ohhhhhhh Ubisoft.

LOL.

Yea iv had that happen where the code was supposed to be inside the box, but whoever packed the game up was sleeping on the job. Try contacting Ubisofts customer support. I bet you theyll give you the code.

here's the thing also I was told by that person in charge of game stop /Eb's there that ubi left that out on perpose as if they pre orders weren't a part of the pc side of pre-orders, there after I asked and before she went to checked three box's if there those were in other box's of the same kind. she originally said I should call them via phone before that and after she checked she said not to bother any more cause it wasn't apart of it . after I asked how to contact them cause I was lookinfor it in the box if there was a number on it.

Ether way most of the people that were at the counter were like "ohhhhhhhhh damn " "that's messed up ." "what the hell ubi soft?" yeah they said that there . I'm holding my rage here.

Last edited:
That game was phenomenal. I need to co-op these scenarios with someone competent though.

My only complaint is, I can't ever imagine wanting to go 'assault style'.

That game was phenomenal. I need to co-op these scenarios with someone competent though.

My only complaint is, I can't ever imagine wanting to go 'assault style'.

Haha that's not a complaint. That means u know how to game hah. I agree tho. Don't see any fun in that style

If ur ever on when I am, hit me up and ill co op some with ya. Iv only done one co op only mission so far, so I deff need to do the rest.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what's everyone's load out?

I'm rocking the Ambient Sonar Goggles w/classic green lights
The Upper Echelon Suit(mission specific camo)
USP 45 w/ Suppressor
SC4000 w/acog
Stun Gun

Also carry Sticky cams, sleeping gas, tri rotor, sticky emp and noise maker

Is the USP part of the DLC they released on XBL this week? The power weapons pack, or something?

Haven't unlocked much, yet. Pretty sure once I get the SC4000, that'll be in my loadout. But, so far I've been sticking with:

Fourth Echelon NVG goggles w/ classic green lights
Upper Echelon Suit (black)
Five-seveN (5.7) modded for accuracy.
F-40 w/ supressor
Stun Gun

Kept the noise maker, but haven't messed around with the gadgets much, yet.

Whispering to attract a guards attention and then getting the jump on them has been too fun so far.

Yea the USP came with that DLC. Kinda lame they locked that behind DLC, but the game is so good I don't mind floating some extra coin to Ubi.

Are the other guns any good? I mean, I think I'll buy it this weekend. I figured I'll probably get it, even if only for the USP.

Speaking of which, kinda surprised there isn't some Season Pass up.

Last edited:
Are the other guns any good? I mean, I think I'll buy it this weekend. I figured I'll probably get it, even if only for the USP.

Speaking of which, kinda surprised there isn't some Season Pass up.

I honestly couldn't tell ya man. I bought it for that USP and the only other weapon I had my eye on was the SC4000. I used the Goblin as I worked my way up to the SC4000 and the goblin I believe was obtained by upgrading the holding cells.

Since this game released, iv been debating with myself rather or not i like it more than Chaos Theory and i just got to a level that ends that debate in favor of Chaos Theory. I dont know what the f**k the devs were thinking by putting this section into the game. That garbage is nonsense and has ZERO business being in Splinter Cell.

Blacklist has been phenomenal so far, but this one level alone drops it below Chaos Theory, if not below ANY SC game on principle alone. At least that section is super short

Last edited:
Which section? Was it on the train? I thought that was pretty dumb

Which section? Was it on the train? I thought that was pretty dumb

The train section didnt bother me, [BLACKOUT]it was the first person section that thought was just complete unneeded. If they wanted me to control Briggs, no problem but why the f**k make it an FPS.[/BLACKOUT]

Oh yeah, that didn't bug me too much. It was different but they kept it short and it controlled nicely. It was a fun idea to make him different from Sam

Oh yeah, that didn't bug me too much. It was different but they kept it short and it controlled nicely. It was a fun idea to make him different from Sam

Had it of of been any longer, I would of cut the game off and thrown it away. That was worse than the Iraq mission from Conviction. There's a few action set pieces in this game that I rather not have, but found kinda fun, that though was just not needed. I really don't know what the devs were trying to accomplish outside of pissing the hardcore SC fans off. That section really is a black eye on what has so far been one of my fav games this gen.

That's a little extreme. You could still completely ghost it which I did. I found more challenging since you.are a bit different, its not like you could run around like Cod or Battlefield. You had to be stealthy and or else you were a goner. It is I'm no way even close to the Iraq mission that forced you to shoot guys Willy nilly. Here you were not forces to do anything. I applaud them for trying something different and also realizing to not make it too long or else it will end up being very bad.

There's just no need for a first person shooter level in the SP portion of a Splinter Cell game. Period. Rather or not u can go at from a stealth angle. I think they put it in the game so that when some dude is playing that level, Ubi would hope his CoD loving roommate would walk by and go "oh sweet, FPS! I need that game!" There's no other explanation why they would cram that horrible section into the game.

Last edited:
Dude.

I've been playing alot of side missions, and even replayed the first mission yesterday. Haven't even finished the second campaign missions, yet.

So, I'm not looking forward to that section.

Dude.

I've been playing alot of side missions, and even replayed the first mission yesterday. Haven't even finished the second campaign missions, yet.

So, I'm not looking forward to that section.

My bad man, I didnt mean to spoil anything. Luckily its REALLY short, thats its only saving grace, but its absolutely the worst thing about this game. I just cant see the logic behind it.

Overall the campaign has been fantastic though, im on the last mission now and the story has really picked up.

I can deff say the missions here arent nearly as memorable as Chaos Theory's. With one mission to go, i think i can safely say CT is still tops in this series, but damn Ubi is back on the right track(assuming they stop the nonsense levels like the train yard)

Nah, don't worry about it. It's cool. I'll be bracing for it.

I think the signs are good, though. Despite that hiccup, there was also a weird sniping section I just played in the second mission right before Sam is dropped on the ground to start, that I thought was out of place too. They do seem to be on the right track again.

So, I'd be eager to see what the next Splinter Cell could look like if they build on what they've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"