The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny that the report says rick wanted too much edge oh now edginess is a problem lol
giphy.gif

It's ok guys. We will get the "filmmaker driven vision". On Blu-ray extended cut.

Not happy with this at all, the movie was going to start production in a few months time, losing it's director now is bad sign.

I just don't understand. They should have been on board with his vision when they hired him.

Don't worry, guys. Zack Snyder is still in place so the DCEU is in awesome shape.

I hope so... I wouldn't want him to be under heavy studio management/pressure.

Jesus this studio is treating the DCEU like s***

i just dont get this studio you meet with Rick and you know his vision and sign him to direct but mere 5 months later you have creative differences lol

I don't know, WB is more stable than Sony at this point. Apparently, Tom Rothman is back to his old meddling self, alienating filmmakers and agents like he did at Fox.

Now, imagine if he was crowned head of WB instead of Kevin Tsujihara... things would be a LOT worse.

This is not a good look at all.

i'm so mad because i felt he was perfect to direct this since Dope was one of my favorite movies of 2015

they gonna need to get a really good director to get my hopes up

hopefully she stays on board.

Rothman would put a cap on the budgets, have story input and have the directors turn out shorter films. And meddle in the editing room.

Anyone who has seen X-Men and X-Men Origins: Wolverine know that Rothman can be bad news for a filmmaker. If you're not Jim Cameron or a director Rothman has championed like Danny Boyle, you will have a miserable time working for him.

Here is the thing. The big war cry from DC fans for a while was that they let their director's do their thing. Then we find out that isn't how it is, so now it is the director's fault.

Can we all just be honest for moment. Whether you are fans of these films or not, WB has zero idea what they are doing here. That doesn't mean no movies will be good or that this will all end in a flaming wreck. But they have no guidance, no leadership and definitely they have no plan.

They pick and choose when to interfere, seemingly at random, and continually show they are hell to work with.

Wonder what this means for Kiersey Clemons

If WB isn't going to push production start and wants to keep the film on track, she might stay depending on the director and script.

Maybe WB will find someone akin to Peyton Reed and keep production and casting on track for that March 2018 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"