The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flash is the new Gambit. I don't see this film happening.

It is a shame they couldn't come to an agreement, it may or may not be a bad thing and it happens all the time. At worst, the film will get delayed, which I'm personally cool with.

Wonder what this means for Kiersey Clemons

Been wondering the same thing.

Here is the thing. The big war cry from DC fans for a while was that they let their director's do their thing. Then we find out that isn't how it is, so now it is the director's fault.

Can we all just be honest for moment. Whether you are fans of these films or not, WB has zero idea what they are doing here. That doesn't mean no movies will be good or that this will all end in a flaming wreck. But they have no guidance, no leadership and definitely they have no plan.

They pick and choose when to interfere, seemingly at random, and continually show they are hell to work with.

Everyone should read this, doesn't matter if you love or hate what you've seen so far.

It is a shame they couldn't come to an agreement, it may or may not be a bad thing and it happens all the time. At worst, the film will get delayed, which I'm personally cool with.

Been wondering the same.
Since when do directors drop out of projects this far along all the time? I don't get why people normalize the situation over at WB, like this is usual.

The Flash is the new Gambit. I don't see this film happening.

A bit of a overreaction I think this for sure will happen. He's one of the DC's six biggest characters.
The only way I see this not happening is if WW and JL flop.

Now will The Flash be good is another question

Hopefully they hire a new director quickly so that they don't have to delay the film.
Hey, I can dream can't I ?

Here is the thing. The big war cry from DC fans for a while was that they let their director's do their thing. Then we find out that isn't how it is, so now it is the director's fault.

Can we all just be honest for moment. Whether you are fans of these films or not, WB has zero idea what they are doing here. That doesn't mean no movies will be good or that this will all end in a flaming wreck. But they have no guidance, no leadership and definitely they have no plan.

They pick and choose when to interfere, seemingly at random, and continually show they are hell to work with.
My baby is 100% right.

Since when do directors drop out of projects this far along all the time? I don't get why people normalize the situation over at WB, like this is usual.

The only one that comes to mind was Edgar Wright with Ant-Man.

DC stopped being director driven when they appointed Geoff Johns and John Berg to be the creative overseers. Not everything is the studio's fault. This might have been a timely intervention. This could have been a bad mistake. Nobody knows really.

They better hope WW and JL do well and are received well because there's so little good press surrounded what they're trying to build

There are people who do not want to look at the reality of the situation because they put their heart and soul into this working. I did as well but yet I'm still in reality land.

It is a stone cold fact that WB has no idea what they are doing and no, losing a director this close to filming does not happen all the time nor does it bode well for the project.

Last edited:
DC stopped being director driven when they appointed Geoff Johns and John Berg to be the creative overseers. Not everything is the studio's fault. This might have been a timely intervention. This could have been a bad mistake. Nobody knows really.
Then you need to explain why it keeps happening to them.

Well, it's not that directors don't drop out of projects and be replaced fairly often. True, it is the second director they removed from this film, though it's first one since Geoff Johns claimed the position at WB, so I'd hazard a guess that it has something to do with that particular shake-up and direction Johns is aiming for.

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Then you need to explain why it keeps happening to them.

Depends on whether this is a good thing or not. This might be who knows. Geoff Johns knows and understands Flash more than all of us combined, and has done SO MUCH for the character in comics, its unimaginable. Maybe it was his decision, and this is a good decision. Maybe its not. I'm not going to directly assume the worse for now. Also I thought most were happy to see the first director go(who btw had no prior directing experience).

The river in Egypt?

The only one that comes to mind was Edgar Wright with Ant-Man.
And this still bothers me. But Marvel set out their stall early. They are very much a producer's studio, and have a track record to back up their decisions.

- Kane52630 (circa 2013)
I honestly didn't feel like that in 2013, and I am not sure why. I even got on the Snyder train against my better judgement. But MoS worked for me in a way that I almost believed them when they said BvS was the natural continuation. It is when they came out with their big board of movies that I realized they were BS'ing. It was just so random.

I dunno bro, it doesn't seem like a timely intervention. It's a close call with production rumored to start in a few months but who knows, maybe WB made the right call here or maybe not. What bothers me slightly is that if this was gonna happen anyway, WB should have done it earlier and they should have a director attached to The Flash by now.

When does production start?
I think for Ant-Man the announcement of Edgar's departure was May 23 and a Peyton's by June 7 for an August production date.

Depends on whether this is a good thing or not. This might be who knows. Geoff Johns knows and understands Flash more than all of us combined, and has done SO MUCH for the character in comics, its unimaginable. Maybe it was his decision, and this is a good decision. Maybe its not. I'm not going to directly assume the worse for now. Also I thought most were happy to see the first director go(who btw had no prior directing experience).

Comics=/=movies.

I honestly didn't feel like that in 2013, and I am not sure why. I even got on the Snyder train against my better judgement. But MoS worked for me in a way that I almost believed them when they said BvS was the natural continuation. It is when they came out with their big board of movies that I realized they were BS'ing. It was just so random.

I was off the train the moment they announced Batman would be in a Superman sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"