The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exclusive: #TheFlash movie loses 'Dope' director Rick Famuyiwa http://thr.cm/7VMYpZ

The Flash, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on its speedster superhero, has lost its director.
Rick Famuyiwa, who made waves with his coming-of-age Sundance sensation Dope, has parted ways with the studio over "creative differences," The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Famuyiwa has been on board since June developing the project, even overseeing the castings of Kiersey Clemons and Billy Crudup in key roles.
The movie, which is to star Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, the fastest man alive, was in pre-production as it headed towards a March 2017 start date with a release date of March 16, 2018.
The departure of Famuyiwa will likely mean the delay of the movie’s start of production and release as Miller has a commitment in July.

"When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day," said Famuyiwa in a statement to THR.
He added: "I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor. I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force."

Sources say that the Dope director’s vision of making a movie with more edge clashed with the studio’s take.
Famuyiwa is now the second director to leave Flash. He put on the helmer's sneakers after Seth Grahame-Smith, who wrote the script and was attached to direct. (Grahame-Smith was working off a treatment by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who at one point were eyeing it as a possible directing vehicle.)

Lord and Miller should just do it since it'll be delayed

Why are WB the way they are?! Just let the filmmakers make the movies they want to make, damn!

I hope the cast that already got picked out stays. I like Clemons and Crudup.

They're gonna get Max Landis or someone equivalent... I got a feeling. :o

Now I'm worried about this movie. Crap. Wonder if Clemons will even stick around.

1432.gif

Haven't seen any of his films, but if he's about celebration of multiple cultures, Universal should try to get him for one of the remaining Fast movies.

Well this puts in a dent in the "WB has learned for there mistakes" narrative...

Well this puts in a dent in the "WB has learned for there mistakes" narrative...

Who's to say Rick wasnt about to do something terrible with the story? Lets not forget we now have Johns at the helm. Maybe his idea of Flash didnt coincide with Rick's.

so much for film maker driven studio this is the 3rd director in the DCEU who has left or parted ways due to creative differences:whatever:

Damn, this movie can't catch a break

so much for film maker driven studio this is the 3rd director in the DCEU who has left or parted ways due to creative differences:whatever:

I was about to post that. The DCEU is the tightest run ship of movies in the business. Warner will no doubt continue their rich vision of critical successes, driven by the filmmakers's visions.

Who's to say Rick wasnt about to do something terrible with the story? Lets not forget we now have Johns at the helm. Maybe his idea of Flash didnt coincide with Rick's.

That's true. It could be because of Rick's vision, but the script was mostly done before he was even brought on board...right?

:funny:

He seemed excited about making this too. Back to the drawing board.

I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively...
triggereed.gif

Fire every executive of that damn company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"