The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man (First Reactions: Critics, Fans) (Spoiler Alert) - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the pace changes randomly after the 1st hour 15 minutes gives me the feeling that its Arad forcing changes again
I guess the Lizard liar's scene and other scenes which have been cut off from the middle 45 minutes would have made the pace steady and made sense in the plot
Even though I was against it previously I now realize that the studio should have left that part in there even if it was Ang-Lee-hulk-type origin.
Even though the comic book fanatics would be angry,the General audience would have been happier with a steadier pace and a better plot with an addition story arc.Could have also helped avoiding some of those 'Been there,done that' reviews

It's probably because Avi reads the message boards too much.

Really disappointed with a lot of the choices that were made in the second half. Basically as soon as he put the Spider-Man outfit on (carjacker scene aside) the film went from looking unique and seemingly having it's own voice to looking like a carbon copy of the Raimi versions.

-shoddy CGI
-weird pacing and editing decisions
-less than stellar action sequences
-crane guy

It's like two seperate films. What the hell happened? Studio interference?

Overall I think it's the best Spider-Man film to date. But I am disappointed.

8/10

Really disappointed with a lot of the choices that were made in the second half. Basically as soon as he put the Spider-Man outfit on (carjacker scene aside) the film went from looking unique and seemingly having it's own voice to looking like a carbon copy of the Raimi versions.

-shoddy CGI
-crane guy

8/10

That's too bad. Being the best Spider-man film to you just isn't enough.

-shoddy CGI
-crane guy

8/10

The point it started going downhill for me was after the dinner with the stacy

Awesome, awesome film. Loved it. Garfield was the perfect choice and I don't think the movie would've been half as good without Emma Stone. She's perfect in every sence of the word.

Some things I loved -- The new version of the origin, discovering his powers, webshooters, THE SUIT, the presence of Norman Osborn, the first half of the story, all of the action, and the fact that when his mask came off...it usually went back on. I was bugging out that he was gonna be maskless for the entire finale but luckily, he wasn't.

My problems -- The score was all over the place. Some really great Horner moments and then at times, it sounded so happy and cheesy like it belonged in a Disney cartoon. Needs to be more cohesive next time around. And Connors...

Connors was basically a combination of Norman from SM1 and Octavius from SM2. I mean, at one point he was even talking to himself (or his mind) about his plan and Parker...but he was still a good guy at the end just like Ock. The Lizard in general had a lot of potential that was wasted and his plot at the end just felt so rushed. I was pretty disappointed with that, but I understand the first half of the film had a lot of things to cover.

A lot of foreshadowing has been set for the sequel (although the mid-credits scene was a wasted opportunity). Sucks we have to wait so long.

Man I dont get why some people in here are so obsessed with the reviews. Go see it for yourself. If you like it that's all that matters.

What? You mean people are allowed to like or dislike something on their own....and not just follow those around them? Radical idea......

One thing that REALLY bugged me
was Peter saying, "Not my policy" as he let Uncle Ben's killer get away. Like really? After Tobey said "Not my problem" they couldn't have switched things up a bit? Lazy and way too similar.

Awesome, awesome film. Loved it. Garfield was the perfect choice and I don't think the movie would've been half as good without Emma Stone. She's perfect in every sence of the word.

Some things I loved -- The new version of the origin, discovering his powers, webshooters, THE SUIT, the presence of Norman Osborn, the first half of the story, all of the action, and the fact that when his mask came off...it usually went back on. I was bugging out that he was gonna be maskless for the entire finale but luckily, he wasn't.

My problems -- The score was all over the place. Some really great Horner moments and then at times, it sounded so happy and cheesy like it belonged in a Disney cartoon. Needs to be more cohesive next time around. And Connors...

Connors was basically a combination of Norman from SM1 and Octavius from SM2. I mean, at one point he was even talking to himself (or his mind) about his plan and Parker...but he was still a good guy at the end just like Ock. The Lizard in general had a lot of potential that was wasted and his plot at the end just felt so rushed. I was pretty disappointed with that, but I understand the first half of the film had a lot of things to cover.

A lot of foreshadowing has been set for the sequel (although the mid-credits scene was a wasted opportunity). Sucks we have to wait so long.

I think you've already posted this

Just came back from seeing it, tons of nitpicks aside it's clear that this is no dark knight or spidey 2, but it seriously trumps any MCU film out there (except Avengers)

The film felt like an almost carbon copy of spidey 1 but handled in a completely different manner, where the fun and colour was drained out of it but instead replaced with a deeper emotional maturity, still freaking great though.

If spidey 2 came out of spidey 1, i can only imagine what comes out of TASM, because now they aren't bogged down with the origin they have such a great cast and crew they could do something really really special, and that special element they have is underneath a lot of crap in this film but it's there and that's what counts.

Oh and Andrew and Emma rock it, real real hard, bring a whole level of chemistry that is unsurpassed in any film let alone spidey, really brought the film to a whole new level.

8/10, better than spidey 1 and 3.

I feel like the only one who doesn't find the Nolan Batman movies absolutely amazing. I'd rate both of the movies 8.5/10.

Overall RT down to 73%, Top Critics 78%.

But still not bad.

Hope the rating finishes above the Katy Perry movie.

73%. Yikes.

And Katy Perry dropped from 100%, lol. Thought her breasts would keep her perfect score. What a shame.

I still love them of course :p

I personally prefer the movies of the MCU more though (most of them anyway, not all of them)

Overall, even though it's a "certified fresh" at the moment, it seems like the concensus of critics are unimpressed as far as ratings go.

It shouldn't have been certified, or any movie really, until it's been released in almost everywhere.

Overall RT down to 73%, Top Critics 78%.

But still not bad.

Hope the rating finishes above the Katy Perry movie.

I know right? lol
Seriously, all of a sudden these negative reviews are just pouring out and they all are saying the same thing. Deja vu, been there done that, we already got this movie 10 years ago blah, blah, blah. Lol
They're coming from everywhere.

That's too bad. Being the best Spider-man film to you just isn't enough.

That isn't saying much to be fair. If there was no Begins, TDK, BR or '89, Batman Forever would be the best Batman film around. It still wouldn't be good. I was actually surprised by how... not good this film was.

Overall, even though it's a "certified fresh" at the moment, it seems like the concensus of critics are unimpressed as far as ratings go.

Been there done that, deja vu, Raimi knockoff etc.
We've been here before, it's not like these reviews are any different lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back