Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movie master you posted yourself the quote from empire that said AU is just a borrowed title. Has nothing to do with the AU comic arc. So why are you asking the connection between the AU arc and the IG?

I didn't see the Empire quote until after I'd asked about the comics connection between AoU and Infinity

Looking back at IM3 they already set up a route to introduce Ultron. Tony basically did it when he created armors that could be controlled by Jarvis and the AI ****ed up. He might take it to the next level in A2 and have Jarvis controlling armors and such to help out...and the AI ****s up just like in IM3.

Looking back at IM3 they already set up a route to introduce Ultron. Tony basically did it when he created armors that could be controlled by Jarvis and the AI ****ed up. He might take it to the next level in A2 and have Jarvis controlling armors and such to help out...and the AI ****s up just like in IM3.

Which I honestly wouldn't mind at all. Cause so far in the MCU this would make sense.

I'm not fond of Tony solely creating Ultron. I won't complain, though. Too happy to do that.

i've just read that frank grillo said he'll appear in avengrs 2...whats with that news?

I will complain. That's ******ed.

How is it ******ed when it makes sense in the MCU, and ant-man is after AU? I can already tell this is gonna be like Mandarin all over again. People can't accept some changes being made. Where most of the elements of the original stories are there, but switched in a way to work with the current marvel universe within the films. It's not all copy and pasted perfectly from the comic.

How is it ******ed when it makes sense in the MCU, and ant-man is after AU? I can already tell this is gonna be like Mandarin all over again. People can't accept some changes being made. Where most of the elements of the original stories are there, but switched in a way to work with the current marvel universe within the films. It's not all copy and pasted perfectly from the comic.

The problem is the fact that Pym created Ultron is pretty much the most important part for both characters. If you are going to do a movie adaptation of comics; you should respect the characters and not create drastic changes.

It's not impossible to do Ultron without Pym. If anyone seen the Next Avengers DTV Tony built Ultron and it's been stated during AEMH that Pym and Tony built Ultron.

Thanos and Maria Hill were introduced in The Avengers. Why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU? Wanda and Pietro are introduced in AoU, why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU?

Everyone was pissed when Tony betrayed the Avengers and killed Cap in the comics. And now you're saying its a good idea for him to betray the planet and potentially destroy millions of lives by creating Ultron?

That's Pym's job. What is Henry Pym's story if not to invent the AI that nearly destroys mankind?

Still doesn't matter. It makes sense in this universe that tony could be behind ultron's creation. And as babykhris said there have been iterations with tony taking part in his creation.

How is it ******ed when it makes sense in the MCU, and ant-man is after AU? I can already tell this is gonna be like Mandarin all over again. People can't accept some changes being made.

Yup, a justifiable change done in a clever way that will drive many fans nuts. And to the people saying this will render the following Ant-Man film pointless--

Do you really not see why that's insane? You only want a character because he's responsible for another, instead of being interesting on his own merits? If you think Ultron is all Pym is good for, you should actually be less upset about this, since it's not tarnishing a character you care about; just one you apparently only see as a tool for a storyline you want directly adapted just because "it was that way in the comics."

Well Pym could be the creator if Ultron does come from the future. He wouldn't have to be involved in AOU, because he hasn't created him yet in that timeline. Maybe they find out who created him toward the end of the movie, but at that point it's too late to search for Pym. It could be a guessing game throughout the movie, wondering who was responsible for Ultron's creation.

Thanos and Maria Hill were introduced in The Avengers. Why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU? Wanda and Pietro are introduced in AoU, why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU?

Everyone was pissed when Tony betrayed the Avengers and killed Cap in the comics. And now you're saying its a good idea for him to betray the planet and potentially destroy millions of lives by creating Ultron?

That's Pym's job. What is Henry Pym's story if not to invent the AI that nearly destroys mankind?

Hahahaha not once did I say it's okay for tony to betray the planet and destroy millions, you do realize that the it would be an accident right? Tony wouldn't be plotting some evil plan. And hank very well can be introduced in AOU. I'm just saying if he isn't, and it's tony that creates Ultron in the context of the MCU it makes sense. With what we've seen from IM3.

Well Pym could be the creator if Ultron does come from the future. He wouldn't have to be involved in AOU, because he hasn't created him yet in that timeline. Maybe they find out who created him toward the end of the movie, but at that point it's too late to search for Pym. It could be a guessing game throughout the movie, wondering who was responsible for Ultron's creation.

They're not messing with time travel. A marvel exec was quote yesterday saying that.

Yup, a justifiable change done in a clever way that will drive many fans nuts. And to the people saying this will render the following Ant-Man film pointless--

Do you really not see why that's insane? You only want a character because he's responsible for another, instead of being interesting on his own merits? If you think Ultron is all Pym is good for, you should actually be less upset about this, since it's not tarnishing a character you care about; just one you apparently only see as a tool for a storyline you want directly adapted just because "it was that way in the comics."

Well said dude.

Here we go. Told you guys to prepare yourselves to accept Pym not creating Ultron in the MCU. It makes the most sense in the MCU to have Ultron be created by Stark and the teaser hinted at it.

Do you guys listen to what you post. Ant Man needs the create Ultron to be relevant? We all knew his film was coming AFTER Avengers 2. If you want to be mad at anyone be mad at Edgar Wright for taking a million years to shoot Ant-Man.

Wright has said he wanted to shoot a comedic-tone film and we know Ultron wouldn't be the villain in an Ant-Man film. If the only thing you can say about Hank Pym is he created Ultron, then what does he bring to the team besides history?

Hahahaha not once did I say it's okay for tony to betray the planet and destroy millions, you do realize that the it would be an accident right? Tony wouldn't be plotting some evil plan. And hank very well can be introduced in AOU. I'm just saying if he isn't, and it's tony that creates Ultron in the context of the MCU it makes sense. With what we've seen from IM3.

No, the point is, Pym does betray the planet and destroy millions of lives. That's how it happens. Of course it's an accident. But it still happens.

So if it happens to Tony instead, he becomes the guy everyone hates to hate. In Age of Ultron they delve into how half of the surviving MU wants to go back in time and kill Hank Pym to stop Ultron from being created. And I'm sure most of them had thought about it prior to that arc.

It makes NO sense to me to make Tony that guy instead. I don't want to hate to hate Stark. I want to hate to hate Pym. That's his dynamic.

To me Ultron is Pyms crowning achievement not Pym particles. Ultron personified his need to look like the competent hero in to save the day. It all feeds into his inferiority complex. Take that away from him then what's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"