Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of weird we get Scarlet Witch confirmation first when they've been talking about Quicksilver for the longest.

I can imagine the call SLJ will be getting today.

Marvel: "You weren't supposed to say that"

SLJ: "Don't talk to me about authority"

Marvel snipers: *pew pew*
Fixed

What's wrong with Ronan?

(And Marvel never said anything about Ronan, either)

what's wrong is that she wasn't interested. they made it seem like she'd be the one taking on the role.

what's wrong is that she wasn't interested. they made it seem like she'd be the one taking on the role.

No, they didn't. Marvel never said anything about her. There was a rumor that Whedon had her look in mind as a "prototype" when writing the character, nothing more.

Kind of weird we get Scarlet Witch confirmation first when they've been talking about Quicksilver for the longest.

I can imagine the call SLJ will be getting today.

Marvel: "You weren't supposed to say that"

SLJ: "Oh shi-"

Marvel snipers: *pew pew*

More like :

Marvel execs : " as the authority, we... "

SLJ : " dont talk to me about authority! you are gonna fix that makeup, it looked so damn bad in my AOS cameo !!! talking to me about authority ..... " walks out like a boss

Marvel execs (to make-up artists) : " forget the white make-up "

Last edited:
I like her look but what has she been in?

No, they didn't. Marvel never said anything about her. There was a rumor that Whedon had her look in mind as a "prototype" when writing the character, nothing more.
It wasn't a rumor. The same people who told us about Olsen said Ronan turned it down.

I like her look but what has she been in?
Who?

Hmmm haven't see a single thing listed on Imdb

Olsen, but like I said, haven't seen a single thing she's been in.

I have seen her in "Martha Marcy May Marlene", and "Liberal Arts". I thought she is was very good in both. Not Ronan, but very good. She is a good young talent.

She looks like she's 12.
When is the last time you seen Ronan? She looked like she was 12 when she was 12. Now she is almost 20, and looks it. Unless of course you are using the 91210 version of "12". :funny:

When is the last time you seen Ronan? She looked like she was 12 when she was 12. Now she is almost 20, and looks it. Unless of course you are using the 91210 version of "12". :funny:

Why are you mentioning the Glendale California Zip Code? Because it sure isn't Beverly Hills. :oldrazz:

Glad to see both shows are getting some new fans :woot:

The best way to watch both shows to make the crossovers make sence is this:

http://simonhampel.com/buffy.html

Once Buffy Season 4 begins you watch an episode of Buffy, and then the respective number for Angel, Example: Buffy episode 1 > Angel Episode 1 > Buffy Episode 2 > and so on.

It's a shame most don't talk as much of Angel, when they recomend Buffy it's rare to see a mention of the Angel show, and even when people talk about Joss Whedon shows they generally mention only Buffy and Firefly. But the show is very good, not as good as Buffy but very close, it's a shame it ended before its time, but the good thing is that there is a comic book continuation.

About the comic books, the show of Buffy offered a good conclusion, so the comics are not exactly obligatory, However if you want to read more about the characters try them, Buffy had one called Season 8 which ran for 40 issues, while Angel had one called Angel: After the Fall, which ran for 16 issues + a miniseries called Spike: After the Fall, IDW published more comics of Angel after that, but they're not considered canon.

I haven't read it completelly but i heard Season 8 became a huge mess by the end, After the Fall is generally considered good for the most part.

After both series ended Dark Horse got the rights of Angel back from IDW and for their last series they did a Spike 8-issues miniseries that supposedly bridges the gap between Angel: After the Fall and Buffy Season 8.

The last series Darkhorse did with the franchise was release two 25 issues comics, which were Buffy Season 9 and Angel & Faith, i haven't been reading them for a while but the last time i saw they were strong, with Angel & Faith being better than the Buffy comic. To know which comics are part of the Season 9 wave you can check this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Season_Nine

I'm going to have to disagree with your premise. Angel isn't "not as good as Buffy." Angel is *better* than Buffy. It has better actors playing better written characters, with better overall quality of a story arc.

I'm going to have to disagree with your premise. Angel isn't "not as good as Buffy." Angel is *better* than Buffy. It has better actors playing better written characters, with better overall quality of a story arc.
Angel was like S3 of Buffy, in that it was more consistent in quality than the other Buffy seasons, with better chemistry among the cast. But it also never never managed to reach the emotional depth of S2, S5 and S6 of Buffy.

Buffy's cast is way more appealing to me, maybe because I'm so uncontrollably in love with Willow.

Well, after seeing what we got in the first episode of "Agents of SHIELD", I think it's almost safe to say that we won't see any major changes in Whedon's filmmaker's skills when it comes to his visual prowess.

I mean it seems like every Phase 2 film will have this film-look to it, with a sense of gritty atmosphere in the right places, but whedon seems to prefer making everything look as bright as possible. And there's a good chance that he'll go with the TV Aspect ratio again for this film like he did with the last one.

I'm trusting him on this because it's obvious anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"