The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came from the midnight showing. The crowds were MASSIVE at the largest AMC in the midwest. Four LARGE theatres including an IMAX all full and at least four spin off side theatres for 3D that were all jam packed. I paid $13 for my 3D ticket. My friend went to the AMC Marathon and was shocked that there was two theatres full all day long on a Thursday. I smell the weekend record coming...

The Avengers will definitely break Harry Potter's weekend gross....

...and The Dark Knight Rises will break The Avengers record.

Right now I just see this film raking in money and entering a new golden age.

GAWD.... The trending topics on twitter make me want to kick puppies. I can only deduce that
Thanos
is trending because he's the end credit scene.

I had done so well avoiding direct spoilers for that too. Blech.

The one thing about Twitter is that Avengers-related things are dominating the TTs rght now. Hopefully it stays that way. There's nothing but raves coming in right now.

I saw that that was trending but I didn't think of people who hadn't seen it yet and were avoiding spoilers :(

I saw that that was trending but I didn't think of people who hadn't seen it yet and were avoiding spoilers :(

Yeah. I saw it and yelped so loud I woke the dog and my son LOL!

Ah well, serves me right for social networking while doing my nightly momma routines! :oldrazz:

I have yet to see a negative tweet about Avengers though. It's all raves and superlatives.

All the characters are trending, I've seen them all flopping in and out of the top 10 trends list

Thor is trending!

profile_picture_by_awwwwyeahplz-d4cgn31.jpg

Just got home.

My local theater (town of 15,000) had 4 showings. I think it was two 2D and two 3D. I was in one of the 2D theaters and it appeared to be sold out. From the way they were assigning tickets on the way in I have to assume both 2D showings were full. Not sure about the 3D theaters.

The audience skewed VERY young. Teenagers made up at least 90% of the crowd. That surprised me a great deal. I noticed older people were arriving late so some may have got there too late to get a ticket. We were seated an hour before showtime and the place was 50% full at that point. Fun group though...many costumes. One guy painted green. Male to female ratio appeared to be about 60/40%. Hard to say for sure, but there seemed to be quite a few girls there.

Fun movie. Very well paced once it got rolling. They had to set up some things at the beginning but no one seemed to mind. Lots of humor and maybe the best action of any super hero movie to date. I think the main characters made their best appearances in this movie (yes...even Iron Man). Black Widow is also done well. Applause at the end but most didn't stay for the extra scenes. I guess they had to get up early for school and just figured "we'll see it on YouTube". Overall one of my best ever movie theater experiences. The place was buzzing.

My new favorite Marvel movie by any studio. Still think Kick ash and Watchmen remain in my #1 spot though. (Does Kick ash count as Marvel?)

95% of the people on twitter probably think [BLACKOUT]Thanos[/BLACKOUT] is a greek reality tv star. I wouldn't be concerned

Someone give me some midnight figures.

95% of the people on twitter probably think [BLACKOUT]Thanos[/BLACKOUT] is a greek reality tv star. I wouldn't be concerned

Now I want
Syrtaki Thanos
in Avengers 2.... :D

Deadline is reporting $20m from midnight screenings

Not surprising. With kids still in school the midnight showings wouldn't be record breaking. The weekend will still be insane.

$20m is huge for a Marvel movie. IM2 had $7.5m at midnight. Potter's record is definitely going down this weekend. I think it has a very real shot at $180+ million.

Heh. If that number holds, there'll be an Avengers bacchinalia here and on boxoffice.com's forums. That way overperformed for a SH movie. If true.

:hrt:

Not surprising. With kids still in school the midnight showings wouldn't be record breaking. The weekend will still be insane.

Im sad it didnt break midnight showings record.When HP DH 2 was released,kids were in holidays?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"