The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 million. Absolutely insane. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that TA would ever make $200 million in its opening weekend. I was hoping for something like $160 million, but this...this is fantastic! :woot:

I'm predicting a $90 million second weekend. Too high? Too low?

$200 million. Absolutely insane. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that TA would ever make $200 million in its opening weekend. I was hoping for something like $160 million, but this...this is fantastic! :woot:

I'm predicting a $90 million second weekend. Too high? Too low?

Too low, I honestly believe it will have a $100 million + second weekend...

What does everybody think it's first crop of weekdays will get? I still doubt it'll be able to match TDK simply by virtue of the difference of the time of year they were released. TDK's weekdays amounted to $80.2M and more recently THG(which is a more comparable time of year when school is still in session) had $37.4M

I think TA can manage in the $50-60M range. Any other guesses?

I honestly didnt think a 200 mill OW was physically possible in 2012..lol..i assumed Avatar 2 would do it in 2015 but man..this is ridiculous

When Avengers 2 is announced and a teaser for it appears..The anticipation for it will be beyond crazy/awesome/amazing&fun!

Yeah, I went a bit conservative with my prediction. A $100 million weekend would only be a 50% drop and I figure it'll drop a bit more. Not much more, but more than 50%.

I'm over the moon about this news. It's really a shot in the arm for the genre and I'm really glad we're gonna get more, if they're done like this.

As for the Bat rivalry...it's the internet. Childishness abounds. Their comments about this movie are obviously biased so no one should take them to heart.

Hulk movie pretty please????

90M would be a 55% drop. I don't see it dropping more than that.

whedon has writing down but he really needs to work on his cinematography and create a style for himsef. raimi, nolan etc have a camera style but avengers is shot in a very matter of fact generic way.

Dont agree at all. Whedon has such a distinctive cinematography you can recognise what part of an epiosde not credited to him he did direct.

I thought the cinematography in this movie was ace; abo****ely wonderfull.

Whedon is as good a director as he is a writer and there is much more to his composition and framing than people give him credit for.

They used to say the same stuff about Wyler just because he wasnt so obvious as Hitchcock or Ford: they changed the tune in time, and time will tell.

It could be at $350M by the end of next weekend. $425M by the end of it's 3rd weekend and pretty much cross $500M before June 1.

I liked Whedon's style of shooting for the most part but I think the Cap film had the most unique style of all the MCU films.

Loved Phantasm.
If It had been CGI animated and shot in 3D it would have had box office results that would have rivaled The Avengers!:cwink:

heh..my favourite batman movie..hands down. The thing i love the most is the dialoque in that movie was just brilliant. Especially the dialoque between bruce and Andrea in the cemetery..

Ok..won't derail the thread any longer, but there's nothing much else to discuss, eh?

I liked Whedon's style of shooting for the most part but I think the Cap film had the most unique style of all the MCU films.

I agree, although THOR's style (brighter colors) was quite different as well.

This is amazing news. Marvel has become king of the mountain and they deserve it. You just KNOW that somewhere in a remote location, the DC and Warner execs are having a meeting about how they can top this. Batman can't do it all himself, Warner is going to have to get their act together and bring it.

Very happy it had a $200 million opening weekend, it deserves it. I'm happy to have contributed some of my money to that.

I'm a little worried that the actual might be lower. The record is great, but now I really want it to be 200+ :D

we'll know for sure tomorrow. But even if it DID fall a mil or two short it wouldn't ultimately matter much. It's an indisputable success and validation no matter which way you slice it.

Plus, Disney has been having a tendancy to be conservative on their estimations. They remember when IM2 came out and it was reported with a $133M or so OW and the actuals ended up being $128M. Paramount had some egg on their face then. Disney doesn't want that.

I'm a little worried that the actual might be lower. The record is great, but now I really want it to be 200+ :D
It would ruin everything if it fell below 200!!!!! :woot:

we'll know for sure tomorrow. But even if it DID fall a mil or two short it wouldn't ultimately matter much. It's an indisputable success and validation no matter which way you slice it.

Very true. But the first movie to cross the 200M OW barrier is huge...

By now with this success though Disney must be cheered up after John Carter failed!

It would ruin everything if it fell below 200!!!!! :woot:

That's a bit overstating it but it would be embarrassing for Disney if that happened, no doubt. Which I'm sure they know and so I highly doubt they would have given the estimation they did(which no other studios are second guessing, I might add) if they weren't largely sure the estimates would hold or go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"