Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
$193 million opening weekend in February for a B/C-list superhero. You gotta figure the MCU execs are extremely delighted. It's really incredible.

Hopefully Captain Marvel opens north of $100 million as well.

I don't think he'll show up in Infinity War since Daniel Kaluuya hasn't been confirmed to return for it, while Shuri, M'Baku and Okoye all have. They can save W'Kabi for future Black Panther sequels. There's only a limited amount of time to squeeze in all these characters anyway.
Didn't know that, [BLACKOUT]thought he was planned to appear. In the teaser it looks like his army is there. I suppose he does not have to be there since T'Challa is king and rules all.[/BLACKOUT]

I would think he might be serving some sort of punishment for what happened in BP

I still think he is definitely possible. There is so much evidence in the favor of this theory. But it's also odd that, if this theory were true, the stone wasn't mentioned at all in Ragnarok. Even as a post credits scene.

After the way Ragnarok treated the Warriors Three, I wasn't really expecting anything that important(Soul Stone whereabouts) talked about in the movie. Probably for the best. I'd rather have the Russos tell that story. It's too important.

$193 million opening weekend in February for a B/C-list superhero. You gotta figure the MCU execs are extremely delighted. It's really incredible.

Hopefully Captain Marvel opens north of $100 million as well.

I'd say BP being the other 2020 film along with Guardians 3 is a sure thing now.

And Strange as well I guess, since we'll been getting 3 MCU movies in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Last edited:
They're able to continue pumping out more and more different/different heroes to wider audiences.

Didn't know that, [BLACKOUT]thought he was planned to appear. In the teaser it looks like his army is there. I suppose he does not have to be there since T'Challa is king and rules all.[/BLACKOUT]

I gotta figure Kaluyaa may be a bit too big for the role he has unless they beef it up.

I'd say BP being the other 2020 film along with Guardians 2 is a sure thing now.

And Strange as well I guess, since we'll been getting 3 MCU movies in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Do you see Dr. Strange debuting in 2019 or 2020?

After the way Ragnarok treated the Warriors Three, I wasn't really expecting anything that important(Soul Stone whereabouts) talked about in the movie. Probably for the best. I'd rather have the Russos tell that story. It's too important.

Yeah I could see why, as there was already so much to tell in that story. And at the same time, if Heimdall has had it this whole time, that's really enough of a set up for the Soul Stone as we know what he can do with it.

The fact that we have pretty much ZERO idea about his, Korg, and Valkyrie's whereabouts in this film is also rather suspicious. We've not even heard anything from the respective actors.

Last edited:
I think if it were 2019, we'd know by now. Plus, 2019 already has A4, Captain Marvel, and Spider-man 2.

Great point. I guess 2020 is the earliest.

are fans clamoring for a sequel to Dr. Strange?

I keep forgetting that Spider-Man 2 is slated for 2019. They're not even taking a moment to breathe after Avengers 4.

Dr.Strange will be 2020, they would be casting now and have announced it if it was 2019. I expect A4 will have something in it related to the next Strange.

Marvel won't do all sequels in a year 2013 was the only time they did that. It also happens to be the worst year imo with IM3 and Thor 2. 2020 will likely include Black Widow if they are serious about it, GOTG3 which will kick off the cosmic world when this GOTG is done, and Strange 2. BP 2 early 2021.

I want one for sure. Hoping they really go for broke next time.

Not sure people clamor for Ant-Man sequel but it is great to have something different and not a giant scale.

Not sure. To me, his movie is definitely my least favorite of Phase 3. And I feel like many feel the same.

But, his movie made more than Ant-Man, so I'm a bit surprised a sequel of his wasn't announced yet. They've been very tight lipped about Phase 4, though, so maybe that's why.

Maybe not but if I'm not mistaken Doctor Strange is Feige's favorite hero, of course he's gonna give him another movie. And I'm okay with that, there's so much more they could do with the character.

Dr.Strange will be 2020, they would be casting now and have announced it if it was 2019. I expect A4 will have something in it related to the next Strange.

Marvel won't do all sequels in a year 2013 was the only time they did that. It also happens to be the worst year imo with IM3 and Thor 2. 2020 will likely include Black Widow if they are serious about it, GOTG3 which will kick off the cosmic world when this GOTG is done, and Strange 2. BP 2 early 2021.

Why would they not do all sequels in the same year? Has that ever been established? Especially how deep we are now, I feel like origin stories are going to become less frequent. And I would not be shocked at all if they shoved BP 2 ahead of Strange 2, given the difference in how successful it's been. But I still think they'll be the same year.

I figure Dr. Strange will definitely get a sequel, but I wouldn't mind if they wait until say 2021 or so. I can't imagine it's in a rush like say a BP sequel.

I have a feeling Doctor Strange 2 will be out in 2020 since it'll have been four years since the first one by then and that's really the longest they go between sequels, as shown by the gap between Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok (not counting Thor's role in Age of Ultron). If not for the Mordo tease in the credits I could have seen them pushing Doctor Strange back even further.

This is kind of how I see it, assuming Captain Marvel does very well and they try and go the 2 year later sequel route they often go for their more successful movies:

2018- Black Panther, Inifinty War, Ant-Man and The Wasp

2019- Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, Spider-man 2

2020- Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2

2021- Ant-Man and the Wasp (3), Spider-man 3, Captain Marvel 2

We're still very unsure if or when they're gonna be introducing new solo films beyond Captain Marvel by 2021. There's also the whole FOX thing, which may or may not be settled by 2021 as far as implemented mutants and F4 in the universe.

There's also the reported Widow movie being talked about. Though, the more suspicious part of me has me thinking they're falsely informing us on that to throw us off on Widow possibly dying in A4 lol.

Last edited:
I want to see the stone get built up like all the others. If he already has it then no build up. Thanos would have had two stones too and the gauntlet so he easily could have taken them all if possible.
I just hope soul stone is not on Earth. Show us some new location!
It's a shame Adam Warlock is not in A4. It is weird he will come after Thanos is defeated.

I am somewhat clamoring for Doc Strange 2 if only to see what Baron Mordo has planned.

I am somewhat clamoring for Doc Strange 2 if only to see what Baron Mordo has planned.

There are too many sorcerers misusing their powers. He's going on a worldwide tour to take away all them mystic gifts that the Kamar-Taj were giving out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"