THE BATMOBILE THREAD

I hate Bruce's origin and training in Aronofsky's version, I really do, I find it even more unrealistic than the typical Batman.
Yeah I don’t like the more untraditional aspects to Batman and his mythology in that script.

But the heart of it as a film and character study, it was really, really good. And pretty emotional.

How about something like this?
8d3139035b4ec5ea9b75b6ca3a7098e5.jpg

I like it a lot, just make the back wheels smaller.

I have a feeling that the Batmobile will please pretty much everyone on this forum but the Batsuit is gonna get complaints for not being comic-booky enough.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I prefer something more like Nolan's Tumbler over most Batmobile designs.
Not many would like to hear that in this place.

Ain't a fan of those long ass B89 types at all. Loved the Nolan design, but for the sake of originality we should get an upgraded design, preferably smaller like the Telltale car.

Not many would like to hear that in this place.

Ain't a fan of those long ass B89 types at all. Loved the Nolan design, but for the sake of originality we should get an upgraded design, preferably smaller like the Telltale car.
I don’t mind it in 89, but it started to get ridiculously comically long in forever and the animated series. It works in animation. But in reality a super long Batmobile is very impractical to drive

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I prefer something more like Nolan's Tumbler over most Batmobile designs.
I'm the same. I find it hard to go back after the Tumbler. It just does it for me.

I enjoyed the tumbler while it lasted but I’m over it. It always felt like it was just the beginning, and Bale’s Batman would get the idea to scale it down to a car once the tumbler was demolished. But it never happened.

It was a beast but at the end of the day, I grew up with the batmobile from Burton’s movies and BTAS. I want something close to that but with a new design. You can’t really patrol the streets with a tank. And most of the time, Batman was practically on his stomach while driving. I want a traditional seat/steering...nothing too experimental.

I thought the Tumbler was amazing in Begins and TDK but got over it by TDKR. Now the tank type batmobile is super overrated after the tumbler, BvS/JL and Arkham Knight.

Burton's is still my favorite in live action. I've always preferred the sports car type in the comics and the Telltale game really makes me want it for this film

I thunk that Batman should have both a Tumbler Bat-Tank for speciric circumstances AND a more lowkey patrol Batmobile for the daily patrol. That's kinda how it is in the comics, it shouldn't be that hard to put into a movie... and you'd sell more toys.

There could be multiple vehicles in the batcave like in Batman Forever. Then a scene where he has to switch batmobiles for a reason

As far as not wanting another Burton/TAS style long boi, something simple like the New Batman Adventures car could be a way to go. More a roadster but unmistakably a batmobile.
aaJuf7CHlxiXrx9IZZIsgZpB20pjxcTsyJ5MrLw2O95ATcZl_BXMPUhDPoGUcMGP48jDGbRKtuIuv27-gabWoX0pGlsoYUMWb5Nfo2uF

I Like a lot that concept. You know, i think simplicity is the best. Now it's hard to attain. it's something akin to perfection, for me. That's why i think Bruce Wayne, a man who try to become perfect should try and experiment always. So, it should be reflected in his choices. We should see him try and fail. With cars, costume and all. So, this concept for me it's pretty much too simple, too "perfect", for a complicated man who try to better himself.

All these years later, and as a fan of Nolan's Bats, I can admit I never liked the Tumbler much. It worked well to set the revamped tone of BB, but the novelty wore off for me. The Batpod is a different story, I really like that one still.

I thought the Tumbler was amazing in Begins and TDK but got over it by TDKR. Now the tank type batmobile is super overrated after the tumbler, BvS/JL and Arkham Knight.

Burton's is still my favorite in live action. I've always preferred the sports car type in the comics and the Telltale game really makes me want it for this film

If I'm being honest, I'm glad that the Tumbler is behind us. It's just too impractical even for a Batman film.

This article from cycling enthusiast Dean Edamura breaks it down better than I ever could.

20 Things About Batman's Tumbler That Make No Sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"