THE BATMOBILE THREAD

I thought the Tumbler was amazing in Begins and TDK but got over it by TDKR. Now the tank type batmobile is super overrated after the tumbler, BvS/JL and Arkham Knight.

Burton's is still my favorite in live action. I've always preferred the sports car type in the comics and the Telltale game really makes me want it for this film

This is where I'm at. Back in 2005, fans hadn't ever really seen a Batmobile like the Tumbler before. The closest thing we had to compare it to was the more overt Bat-Tank from The Dark Knight Returns and it looked sick. Especially considering how over the top and toy-like the Schumacher Batmobiles both looked. There was a certain uniqueness to it that gave it charm back in the Batman Begins/TDK era.

But by the end of the Nolan trilogy, the Tumbler stopped being a new take on the Batmobile and was just a Wayne Enterprise tank hijacked by evil ninjas. Especially since Bruce never actually bothered to repair the vehicle in TDK and spent the whole second half of the trilogy either using the Bat-Pod or the Bat(wing) instead.

And then we started seeing more Bat-Tanks appear in following Bat-Media. The Tumbler itself is still a pretty great design and worked perfectly for Nolan's take on Batman, but its influence on other Batmobiles outside of that universe has largely been a negative IMO.

Don't remind me of Nolan's bat plane. I hate that one so much after the bat wings we got in '89 and Forever! The tumbler and bat pod were cool though

I love the tumbler, I just want something that’s going to be specifically and essentially Reeves’ batmobile just like the tumbler was Nolan’s and Burton’s was his. I have this ideal of these kinda three creative pillars of cinematic Batman and I hope it pans out that way.

IDK, the tumbler was awesome but that tank like look makes sense both practically and thematically for a “war on crime” and also in terms of believability. The Arkham Knight tumbler esque tank batmobile was quite awesome

Dunno what you guys are talking about tbh. We only got a tank in Arkham Knight. It was overused af in the gameplay but the tank is nowhere near as prevalent in Batman media as some comments here are suggesting. Snyder's car wasn't a tank either. Some guns and armor doesn't make a vehicle a tank cause by that logic even the Burtonmobile was a tank.

I actually really liked Snyder's mobile. Definitely preferred it to the Tumbler.

Agreed, Snyder's Batmobile was a great cross between The Tumbler and the other Batmobiles before it. It had a great design, could raise and lower to accommodate any terrain, great weapons and gadgets, and wasn't based on ANY type of vehicle out there. I think it's my favorite design, but I know I'm in the minority on this one.

I'm not a fan at all of adapting sports cars that something as small as a curb would wreck it, or something that's so low to the ground a pot hole or driving down stairs or an alley would also destroy it, so there's that, LOL.

I think Snyder's bat-vehicles are overdesigned and, when combined with murky heavily processed cinematography, look rather nondescript at best and off-putting at worst. Or maybe it's just heavy use of uninspired CGI... Which is really sad, because when you look at concept art of just clean-crisp BTS photos, they look much better.

I loved Snyder's Batmobile, though it did become overdesigned in JL imo. It was a great middle ground between the Tumbler and the more stylized Batmobiles we'd gotten prior.

M
I swear, some of you act like Snyder murdered your family.

Meh, his Batmobile was utterly unremarkable. It tried to be militaristic like Nolan's version but with Snyder's garish storytelling applied to it.

At the end of the day that car did absolutely nothing. For all of Zack Snyder's emphasis on "cool" I did not see anything cool or pivotal from that car. Nolan's realistic world had the tumblr jumping across roofs and a waterfall in its very first action sequence. It displayed stealth capabilities and had gadgets and what not. By the second film Batman fitted a motor cycle inside it.

The Snyder mobile had guns, and the second time it had even more guns lol.Oh and a rope lol. The sequences were awful both in the story telling and the action.

M

Meh, his Batmobile was utterly unremarkable. It tried to be militaristic like Nolan's version but with Snyder's garish storytelling applied to it.

At the end of the day that car did absolutely nothing. For all of Zack Snyder's emphasis on "cool" I did not see anything cool or pivotal from that car. Nolan's realistic world had the tumblr jumping across roofs and a waterfall in its very first action sequence. It displayed stealth capabilities and had gadgets and what not. By the second film Batman fitted a motor cycle inside it.

The Snyder mobile had guns, and the second time it had even more guns lol.Oh and a rope lol. The sequences were awful both in the story telling and the action.

Unremarkable compared to what, exactly? The thing was a battering ram, blowing through brick walls, buildings, and sending cars (and boats) flying.

It was clearly heavily armored, as it survived a lot of punishment, an explosion, a collision with Superman and attack by parademons.

It had a rear tow cable/grapple, at least two kinds of machine guns, a freaking cannon that could be mounted on it, fired missles, the afterburner which clearly gave it “leaping/ramping”capability, as it leapt from a multi story parking garage and out of the Bat transport.

It had anti-ballistics for missle deterrent.

It had the broadcast transceiver thing.

It had an ejector seat.

It also had the Danny Elfman theme.

It was every bit as remarkable as most classic Batmobiles have been, and pretty much any movie Batmobile for that matter.

The Tumbler was also an armored battering ram, heavy and could crush cars, could turn its lights off and back on, go silent, could parallel park, move its driver into position to fire its cannon, jump, drop tire’splosives, and it had the Batpod. Oh, and it had GPS/radar, which Snyder's also seemed to have.

You can say the action sequences weren’t as “fantastic” or as well choreographed/shot with the Snyder Batmobile, but the vehicle itself was clearly shown to be able to do a variety of cool things, and to have more of a variety of weapons and deterrents. And behind the scenes info/schematics have indicated it had even more gadgets and defense and armament systems.

They're both remarkable vehicles, and I don't see any indication that Snyder's Batmobile couldn't do many of the things Nolan's did. If it could jump and drive offroad, then it could likely jump and drive on rooftops and jump through waterfalls, had the need arisen.

Last edited:
Not among my top favorites but I like the Forever batmobile. All bat vehicles actually

All of the live-action Batmobiles have been good. I've liked them all.

The Snyder mobile is my favorite so far. Same with the batsuit. Snyder did a lot of things right in terms of visual imo, I even remember a lot of guys here were over the moon about those aspects, but now I rarely see anybody mention them when talking about things that they want to see. It's strange lol.

bathome.png

The-Evolution-of-the-Batmobile-2.png

The-Evolution-of-the-Batmobile-3.png

The-Evolution-of-the-Batmobile-4.png

The-Evolution-of-the-Batmobile-5-1.png

The-Evolution-of-the-Batmobile-6.png

The-Evolution-of-the-Batmobile-8.png

The fancy vehicles and tanks are cool but something about the muscle or sports car I dig the most. Simple yet effective!

Unremarkable compared to what, exactly? The thing was a battering ram, blowing through brick walls, buildings, and sending cars (and boats) flying.

It was clearly heavily armored, as it survived a lot of punishment, an explosion, a collision with Superman and attack by parademons.

It had a rear tow cable/grapple, at least two kinds of machine guns, a freaking cannon that could be mounted on it, fired missles, the afterburner which clearly gave it “leaping/ramping”capability, as it leapt from a multi story parking garage and out of the Bat transport.

It had anti-ballistics for missle deterrent.

It had the broadcast transceiver thing.

It had an ejector seat.

It also had the Danny Elfman theme.

It was every bit as remarkable as most classic Batmobiles have been, and pretty much any movie Batmobile for that matter.

The Tumbler was also an armored battering ram, heavy and could crush cars, could turn its lights off and back on, go silent, could parallel park, move its driver into position to fire its cannon, jump, drop tire’splosives, and it had the Batpod. Oh, and it had GPS/radar, which Snyder's also seemed to have.

You can say the action sequences weren’t as “fantastic” or as well choreographed/shot with the Snyder Batmobile, but the vehicle itself was clearly shown to be able to do a variety of cool things, and to have more of a variety of weapons and deterrents. And behind the scenes info/schematics have indicated it had even more gadgets and defense and armament systems.

They're both remarkable vehicles, and I don't see any indication that Snyder's Batmobile couldn't do many of the things Nolan's did. If it could jump and drive offroad, then it could likely jump and drive on rooftops and jump through waterfalls, had the need arisen.

Are you serious?
Every Batmobile goes through walls and buildings.

It didn't survive the parademons, they were wrecking it till the JL arrived. Survived a collison with Superman? Lol, he was just standing around.

It didn't fire missiles but yeah it had guns, guns and even more guns and a grapple line which I already mentioned.

It didn't have a leaping ability or an ejector seat. Please stick with what was actually shown.

A police siren is cool now? Lol.

The vehicle wasn't shown to do anything beyond firing bullets and towing another car . Everything about it decisively lacks "Batman". Punisher should have driven it. Having the Elfman theme later on makes it worse for it. It cant even claim an original theme.

Look,the point is that the Snyder mobile did absolutely nothing. His vehicular action was garbage as hell. Remember that giant plane?all it did was shoot missiles. The Batmobile is a product of that particular vision of Snyder. The Burton and Nolan cars played pivotal roles. The scenes they were used in were pivotal and tense. Rescuing Vicki, Penguin taking control, saving Rachel, blowing up the train tracks, etc. Snyder mobile shot thugs and parademons. In the end, that's all it did.

I'm simply saying that story telling matters a lot. Burton and Nolan's cars are iconic because everything about their visions are iconic. These things dont exist in a vaccum.

If Reeves creates a great story then his car will join the Tumbler and 89 mobile. If not then it'll end up as a waste of money. Doesn't matter if its a sports car, tank or truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"