THE BATMOBILE THREAD

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by TheIronist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Registered

That is ****ing gorgeous.

2. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

Seconded. I ignored and ignored it. Until it suddenly clicked, and now I want it.

[​IMG]

Rorschach2012, Vaibow and paranoidboy like this.
  3. Vaibow

Vaibow Registered

I totally appreciate what you are saying, but i feel the car has to be totally custom and untraceable if left abandoned in gotham - obviously it would have to self destruct.
    I like the idea that Bruce has a garage full of cars, classic, concept, racers, speedsters, the lot where bruce has some fun with them, after all, the burton mobile, which is considered the best, it's a big toy.... which is why it's loved and it's very..... gratuitous??? and i think, realistically, if you are out to solve crime, the car needs to be low key in a ways - a cop sees it - no plates, he's on pursuit. However, a sleek, subtle car that can creep around town, would be cool. This is why i feel a motor bike should be his main mode of transport.
    I agree, i would also love to see a drone, paying homage to the batplane of 89 - can even do the moon/eclipse.

What i had in mind, for the car - gotham has gangs and the gangs are very different to usual gangs - it's almost like gothic fast and furious where the cars are kitted out in an emo, dark, vintage macabre way - i'm not saying gotham's punks are mad max style, but living in that city, with legends of the court of owls and what not, it's like a brotherhood and the gangs look less urban but more emo/steam punk, in a subtle way. They don't necessarily have the money but they create the means - it's less about violence, being a thug but more like Hells Angels with 4 wheels. Gotham Ghosts? The cops leave them alone as obviosuly they have a few narks, leaks etc Anyways..

Street racing, meet ups to compare is common past midnight in gotham and bruce goes out one night in his own 'batmobile' to infiltrate the group almost, could even be challenged to a race then obviously something goes down and batman takes over. So whilst it wasn't intended to be used for batman, it does. Cars like this cruising around town and ignored by the cops, make a batmobile more.... acceptable.
    goth car 1.jpg goth car 2.jpg goth car 3.jpg goth car 5.jpg

4. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I LOVE THIS. a few wings here and there and this would make a great batmobile.

5. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

Looks like it’s been left on a hot wash too long... but I dig the concept. Give it an iron, and stick on a bat logo and it’s a contender.

6. m1ll3r

m1ll3r Failed experiment

Really good point. Batman has always been presented as being at the bleeding edge of technology, so it makes perfect sense for him to design an electric Batmobile from the ground up.

I love the idea of him creating tech that would allow him to power the Batmobile from the Gotham city grid - sucking in energy directly from the city, to drive him around it in his silent monster.

elgaz likes this.
  7. Jekecy

Jekecy Registered

Y’all willing to sacrifice the iconic butt-fire?

[​IMG]

8. thebatfan5194

thebatfan5194 Registered

9. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I like the electric car suggestion. How about something like this Farday Future car?

10. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think this touches upon an idea that I generally like: crime in Gotham is not banal. Oh, sure, you have your fair share of petty crime, muggings and purse snatchings and robberies turned into murders, ahem. . . but Gotham is not primarily a city of destitute meth heads snatching a purse then crawling into a gutter. Crime in Gotham has a dark glamor to it. Its outlaw gangs with snazzy cars. Its mob bosses openly running business out of decadent ( and highly in demand ) clubs. Its thieves with catchy calling cards. Its serial killers with lurid MOs and non-stop media coverage. And its, of course, insane supervillains performing incredible crimes almost just because they can.

Essentially, the answer to the question "Why would anyone live in Gotham?" is because. . . even beyond the people who are simply too poor to move away? Gotham City has a dark fascination, like the most glorious horrible traffic accident you just can't quite resist slowing down to get a better look at. Its like how people want to live in New York City in spite of all the real and tangible costs and complications of doing so, because they want to be at the center of life and culture. Only in this case, its magnified and has more supervillains.

( This is in contrast to Hub City. Hub City *is* the place where you get mugged by a meth head who then crawls into a filthy gutter to die of an overdose. Hub City is crime and corruption at its most banal, where even a rich crime lord is probably desperately praying they can make enough to move to somewhere, anywhere, else. )

Nemeres and Vaibow like this.
  11. Random490

Random490 Registered

Never. the one constant to all the batmobiles has been the fire from the back. No matter the design it must include that. Butt fore for life.

OutOfBoose and Nemeres like this.
  12. Vaibow

Vaibow Registered

That’s a great snippet of detail for Gotham... at the heart it’s a great city, but it’s corrupt and is like Vegas in the sense it draws people in.. also people want to get a slice of the pie, it’s like - if you can rule Gotham’s dark side, you are like the true king pin...

13. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

ALT-C AUTO

Reeves has started following this guy on Twitter. He makes designs and concept art for cars.

FatRobin likes this.
  14. cgaman

cgaman Registered

With the technology current available to consumers (kids toy), the way all previous incarnations of the Batmobile moved isn't gonna cut it in today's world. No kid's gonna (convince their parents) to buy a Batmobile toy if it doesn't move way cooler than the DJI Robomaster in the Batman movie:

(Last thing any producer wants is after having watched the movie, some kid went "but my DJI Robomaster moves way slicker than that clunky chunk of metal in that dark-themed superhero movie I've just watched"...)

#139 cgaman, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  15. JimThompson

JimThompson Registered

I would be for something a little less showy...something that acknowledges the need for urban camouflage.

[​IMG]

16. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Registered

I loved that it was able to transform and become one of Bruce Wayne’s everyday cars.

thebatfan5194 likes this.
  17. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

18. geetard

geetard Rebirth

19. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

This is encouraging because the guy's resume is littered with sportier looking cars.

Might finally be moving away from the tank aesthetic after 15 years.

Lencho01 and thebatfan5194 like this.
  20. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Registered

Looks like we may be getting something that resembles the Neal Adams era. I love it!

21. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

Screenshot_20190706-085555.jpg Screenshot_20190706-085600.jpg Screenshot_20190706-085608.jpg He's been liking a few tweets of people saying they want a car, not another tank.

22. Travesty

Travesty Registered

I thought I was the only one who was sick of the tank-mobiles? :hehe:

23. The Guard

The Guard Registered

That big bat head graphic might draw some attention...

24. JimThompson

JimThompson Registered

Well, you know...they could just remove that.

25. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Let's goooooo.

[​IMG]