THE BATMOBILE THREAD

This second one is a beauty. Shades of ‘66 and ‘89. Sold.

Seconded. I ignored and ignored it. Until it suddenly clicked, and now I want it.

DC-Universe-Titans-Batmobile-Concept-Art-John-Gallagher-08.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if the next Batmobile is an ultra-modern take.

Whilst I loved the look and noise of both the Tumbler and Snyder's Batmobile, it's highly likely that any modern version utilising Wayne's countless $$$ of R&D would be electric, not petrol powered. Instant torque, less potential for mechanical failure, virtually silent and stealthy, and with an electric motor at each wheel rather than the traditional centralised combustion engine, more scope for individual wheel control and thus more flexibility in movement.

And whilst you can add electric motors to a classical car and convert it to electric power, I imagine the optimum performance here would come from a new and modern design built from the ground up.

They're going to want elevation and ground clearance, for obvious reasons. Larger & stronger tyres for improved handling, high-speed stability and also being able to tackle a variety of surface conditions. Underbody protection. A sleek silhouette and profile for minimising drag, wind resistance and also making the car more difficult to lock onto by enemies. Large enough to seat two and equip it with all of Batman's tech.

I think a variation of the BMW X9 concept (with a bit of work and design changes to make it more aggressive and less bubbly looking) would tick a lot of boxes.

BMW-X9-Concept+%252812%2529.jpg
I totally appreciate what you are saying, but i feel the car has to be totally custom and untraceable if left abandoned in gotham - obviously it would have to self destruct.
I like the idea that Bruce has a garage full of cars, classic, concept, racers, speedsters, the lot where bruce has some fun with them, after all, the burton mobile, which is considered the best, it's a big toy.... which is why it's loved and it's very..... gratuitous??? and i think, realistically, if you are out to solve crime, the car needs to be low key in a ways - a cop sees it - no plates, he's on pursuit. However, a sleek, subtle car that can creep around town, would be cool. This is why i feel a motor bike should be his main mode of transport.
Who says Batman has to have only one ground-vehicle? My own preference would be that he have multiple options. Thus, you can have both the Bat-Sportscar for every day driving where the emphasis is on rapid maneuverability along city streets, and the ability to blend in when suitable gadgets are deployed; as well as the Bat-Tank for when you really positively need to make something explode.

I agree, i would also love to see a drone, paying homage to the batplane of 89 - can even do the moon/eclipse.

What i had in mind, for the car - gotham has gangs and the gangs are very different to usual gangs - it's almost like gothic fast and furious where the cars are kitted out in an emo, dark, vintage macabre way - i'm not saying gotham's punks are mad max style, but living in that city, with legends of the court of owls and what not, it's like a brotherhood and the gangs look less urban but more emo/steam punk, in a subtle way. They don't necessarily have the money but they create the means - it's less about violence, being a thug but more like Hells Angels with 4 wheels. Gotham Ghosts? The cops leave them alone as obviosuly they have a few narks, leaks etc Anyways..

Street racing, meet ups to compare is common past midnight in gotham and bruce goes out one night in his own 'batmobile' to infiltrate the group almost, could even be challenged to a race then obviously something goes down and batman takes over. So whilst it wasn't intended to be used for batman, it does. Cars like this cruising around town and ignored by the cops, make a batmobile more.... acceptable.
goth car 1.jpg goth car 2.jpg goth car 3.jpg goth car 5.jpg

If we are using an actual car as the skeleton than its got to be the Allessian Concept Car.

A few different panels here and there and that could make a sick Batmobile.
I LOVE THIS. a few wings here and there and this would make a great batmobile.

If we are using an actual car as the skeleton than its got to be the Allessian Concept Car.

A few different panels here and there and that could make a sick Batmobile.

Looks like it’s been left on a hot wash too long... but I dig the concept. Give it an iron, and stick on a bat logo and it’s a contender.

It wouldn't surprise me if the next Batmobile is an ultra-modern take.

Whilst I loved the look and noise of both the Tumbler and Snyder's Batmobile, it's highly likely that any modern version utilising Wayne's countless $$$ of R&D would be electric, not petrol powered. Instant torque, less potential for mechanical failure, virtually silent and stealthy, and with an electric motor at each wheel rather than the traditional centralised combustion engine, more scope for individual wheel control and thus more flexibility in movement.

Really good point. Batman has always been presented as being at the bleeding edge of technology, so it makes perfect sense for him to design an electric Batmobile from the ground up.

I love the idea of him creating tech that would allow him to power the Batmobile from the Gotham city grid - sucking in energy directly from the city, to drive him around it in his silent monster.

Y’all willing to sacrifice the iconic butt-fire?

tumblr_ns4x3dVWXO1qfr6udo1_500.gif

I totally appreciate what you are saying, but i feel the car has to be totally custom and untraceable if left abandoned in gotham - obviously it would have to self destruct.
I like the idea that Bruce has a garage full of cars, classic, concept, racers, speedsters, the lot where bruce has some fun with them, after all, the burton mobile, which is considered the best, it's a big toy.... which is why it's loved and it's very..... gratuitous??? and i think, realistically, if you are out to solve crime, the car needs to be low key in a ways - a cop sees it - no plates, he's on pursuit. However, a sleek, subtle car that can creep around town, would be cool. This is why i feel a motor bike should be his main mode of transport.

I agree, i would also love to see a drone, paying homage to the batplane of 89 - can even do the moon/eclipse.

What i had in mind, for the car - gotham has gangs and the gangs are very different to usual gangs - it's almost like gothic fast and furious where the cars are kitted out in an emo, dark, vintage macabre way - i'm not saying gotham's punks are mad max style, but living in that city, with legends of the court of owls and what not, it's like a brotherhood and the gangs look less urban but more emo/steam punk, in a subtle way. They don't necessarily have the money but they create the means - it's less about violence, being a thug but more like Hells Angels with 4 wheels. Gotham Ghosts? The cops leave them alone as obviosuly they have a few narks, leaks etc Anyways..

Street racing, meet ups to compare is common past midnight in gotham and bruce goes out one night in his own 'batmobile' to infiltrate the group almost, could even be challenged to a race then obviously something goes down and batman takes over. So whilst it wasn't intended to be used for batman, it does. Cars like this cruising around town and ignored by the cops, make a batmobile more.... acceptable.
View attachment 26227 View attachment 26229 View attachment 26231 View attachment 26233

I think this touches upon an idea that I generally like: crime in Gotham is not banal. Oh, sure, you have your fair share of petty crime, muggings and purse snatchings and robberies turned into murders, ahem. . . but Gotham is not primarily a city of destitute meth heads snatching a purse then crawling into a gutter. Crime in Gotham has a dark glamor to it. Its outlaw gangs with snazzy cars. Its mob bosses openly running business out of decadent ( and highly in demand ) clubs. Its thieves with catchy calling cards. Its serial killers with lurid MOs and non-stop media coverage. And its, of course, insane supervillains performing incredible crimes almost just because they can.

Essentially, the answer to the question "Why would anyone live in Gotham?" is because. . . even beyond the people who are simply too poor to move away? Gotham City has a dark fascination, like the most glorious horrible traffic accident you just can't quite resist slowing down to get a better look at. Its like how people want to live in New York City in spite of all the real and tangible costs and complications of doing so, because they want to be at the center of life and culture. Only in this case, its magnified and has more supervillains.

( This is in contrast to Hub City. Hub City *is* the place where you get mugged by a meth head who then crawls into a filthy gutter to die of an overdose. Hub City is crime and corruption at its most banal, where even a rich crime lord is probably desperately praying they can make enough to move to somewhere, anywhere, else. )

I think this touches upon an idea that I generally like: crime in Gotham is not banal. Oh, sure, you have your fair share of petty crime, muggings and purse snatchings and robberies turned into murders, ahem. . . but Gotham is not primarily a city of destitute meth heads snatching a purse then crawling into a gutter. Crime in Gotham has a dark glamor to it. Its outlaw gangs with snazzy cars. Its mob bosses openly running business out of decadent ( and highly in demand ) clubs. Its thieves with catchy calling cards. Its serial killers with lurid MOs and non-stop media coverage. And its, of course, insane supervillains performing incredible crimes almost just because they can.

Essentially, the answer to the question "Why would anyone live in Gotham?" is because. . . even beyond the people who are simply too poor to move away? Gotham City has a dark fascination, like the most glorious horrible traffic accident you just can't quite resist slowing down to get a better look at. Its like how people want to live in New York City in spite of all the real and tangible costs and complications of doing so, because they want to be at the center of life and culture. Only in this case, its magnified and has more supervillains.

( This is in contrast to Hub City. Hub City *is* the place where you get mugged by a meth head who then crawls into a filthy gutter to die of an overdose. Hub City is crime and corruption at its most banal, where even a rich crime lord is probably desperately praying they can make enough to move to somewhere, anywhere, else. )
That’s a great snippet of detail for Gotham... at the heart it’s a great city, but it’s corrupt and is like Vegas in the sense it draws people in.. also people want to get a slice of the pie, it’s like - if you can rule Gotham’s dark side, you are like the true king pin...

With the technology current available to consumers (kids toy), the way all previous incarnations of the Batmobile moved isn't gonna cut it in today's world. No kid's gonna (convince their parents) to buy a Batmobile toy if it doesn't move way cooler than the DJI Robomaster in the Batman movie:

(Last thing any producer wants is after having watched the movie, some kid went "but my DJI Robomaster moves way slicker than that clunky chunk of metal in that dark-themed superhero movie I've just watched"...)

Last edited:
I would be for something a little less showy...something that acknowledges the need for urban camouflage.

iu

This is encouraging because the guy's resume is littered with sportier looking cars.

Might finally be moving away from the tank aesthetic after 15 years.

Looks like we may be getting something that resembles the Neal Adams era. I love it!

Screenshot_20190706-085555.jpg Screenshot_20190706-085600.jpg Screenshot_20190706-085608.jpg He's been liking a few tweets of people saying they want a car, not another tank.

I thought I was the only one who was sick of the tank-mobiles? :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"