THE BATMOBILE THREAD

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by TheIronist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Travesty

Travesty Registered

Yeah, I really like it, too. I was disappointed when Arkham Knight came out, and we found out that the Batmobile we would use looked completely different. With Nolan, Snyder and Arkahm Knight, I hope we get more of a car instead of a tank. Too many Bat-tanks as of late.

Rorschach2012 and MovieSlave like this.
  2. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I want Reeves to attempt to make the quintessential Batmobile.
    The tumbler was great but it’ll never be the definitive Batmobile because it deviates from the classic design so much.
    I definitely want more car than tank

Kirk Langstrom likes this.
  3. TheGuy

TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

One thing I'm not a fan from most of the designs is the location of the interior at the trunk. The interior should be at the center.

4. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

I'm totally down for another classic looking Batmobile, but I do think the Burtonmobile is pretty tough to top. We're definitely due for a more modernized take on a sleeker Batmobile, but I'm not sure if Anton Furst's will ever be able to be topped in terms of THE classic cinematic Batmobile. It just nailed it right out the gate.

But I'm excited to see what they come up with this time around.

#104 BatLobsterRises, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    C Prometheus and Rorschach2012 like this.
  5. C Prometheus

C Prometheus Registered

It won't happen, but I genuinely wouldn't complain one bit if Reeves just decided to do a slightly modernized Burtonmobile for his trilogy.

In fact, I'd probably cheer in joy if that happened... :funny:

jolldan likes this.
  6. elgaz

elgaz Registered

It wouldn't surprise me if the next Batmobile is an ultra-modern take.

Whilst I loved the look and noise of both the Tumbler and Snyder's Batmobile, it's highly likely that any modern version utilising Wayne's countless $$$ of R&D would be electric, not petrol powered. Instant torque, less potential for mechanical failure, virtually silent and stealthy, and with an electric motor at each wheel rather than the traditional centralised combustion engine, more scope for individual wheel control and thus more flexibility in movement.

And whilst you can add electric motors to a classical car and convert it to electric power, I imagine the optimum performance here would come from a new and modern design built from the ground up.

They're going to want elevation and ground clearance, for obvious reasons. Larger & stronger tyres for improved handling, high-speed stability and also being able to tackle a variety of surface conditions. Underbody protection. A sleek silhouette and profile for minimising drag, wind resistance and also making the car more difficult to lock onto by enemies. Large enough to seat two and equip it with all of Batman's tech.

I think a variation of the BMW X9 concept (with a bit of work and design changes to make it more aggressive and less bubbly looking) would tick a lot of boxes.

[​IMG]

Hunter Rider and Kirk Langstrom like this.
  7. StraightSix

StraightSix Registered

Beautiful post!
    Couldn’t agree more and those concept photos should be what the designer builds off of.

elgaz likes this.
  8. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

I'd take this, with an extra "fin" here and there and smaller tires.

9. jolldan

jolldan Registered

I am eternally hoping that someone will just make this exactly as is in a live action movie
    [​IMG]

Shadow Moses and TheIronist like this.
  10. Travesty

Travesty Registered

Not a fan of that idea, at all. It's one reason why I didn't like the Bat-pod: it's too quiet. It just didn't excite me. There's no sense of speed on screen, when your vehicle makes no noise. Batman riding around in a souped-up golf cart doesn't really sound all that exciting.

11. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Who says Batman has to have only one ground-vehicle? My own preference would be that he have multiple options. Thus, you can have both the Bat-Sportscar for every day driving where the emphasis is on rapid maneuverability along city streets, and the ability to blend in when suitable gadgets are deployed; as well as the Bat-Tank for when you really positively need to make something explode.

Vaibow and TheGuy like this.
  12. TheGuy

TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Two bat vehicles would be nice. To pacify fans who demand a slimmer one and others who would like to retain a tank-like vehicle. :o

13. Nemeres

It's a "Wut?"-sounding idea on paper, but I want a Batmobile that can take flight right in the middle of a chase. Not a replacement for the Batwing necessarily, but something that'd work for lower altitudes. It amps up the action factor and the reveal would make for a great theater moment.

14. jolldan

jolldan Registered

If they were to give us two vehicles I personally would love to see the Batwing again. It was awesome to see it back in BvS and think it would make a welcome addition again.

15. Elayis

Elayis Registered

I did a deepdive the other day on the Batmobile's history (I had no idea it was usually a factory model car for its entire existence until '89), and I found some interesting designs I'd never seen before.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The third one's design is a little strange, but what I like about it is "that the "headlights" were actually an array of infrared emitters, and that the car would read reflections from these emitters to provide a real-time display of the outside world and allow the car to travel under total blackout conditions"

Batmobiles 2008

Lots of neat designs at the site I linked if anyone's interested.

FatRobin likes this.
  16. Langstrom Karlo

Langstrom Karlo Registered

It’s aesthetically pleasing sure, but functionality would be out the window. As was the case with Burton’s batmobile. Pretty to look at but essentially like driving a stretched limo. They don’t corner worth a damn and as a former truck driver who obviously drove elongated vehicles, I can tell you right now, it would be silly. I think it needs to be something sleeker and shorter in length. I think the BvS batmobile was kind of the best of both worlds in terms of aesthetics and functionality. Though it wasn’t my favorite, it was on the right track.

I Am The Knight, FatRobin and Elayis like this.
  17. jolldan

jolldan Registered

I was definitely a fan of the BvS design so wouldn’t be bothered if they went with that again it looked like the love child of a Zonda and a tank lol.

18. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut James K. Delaney

[​IMG]

:yay:

Nemeres and C Prometheus like this.
  19. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

While I loved the tumbler, we can see how it can be a failure by attempting that without a vision ala Snyder.

Hopefully we get back to a car again, sporty but tacticle.

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  20. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Jesus, what is this abomination? It looks like the hellspawn of a car and a deep sea fish.

The second one is pretty cool, though.

TheIronist likes this.
  21. Nemeres

I go back and forth, but I'm gradually warming up to a less extravagant, more Bond type of Batmobile. Not the next attempt to out-Tumbler the Tumbler, but something sleek, elegant, somewhat retro, maybe. If it reminds of the BTAS car, that's a plus.

antsman41 and Astro13Zombie like this.
  22. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Registered

Yes please:atp:

23. paranoidboy

paranoidboy Gothamite

This second one is a beauty. Shades of ‘66 and ‘89. Sold.

Nemeres likes this.
  24. Random490

Random490 Registered

I really like this design. I think the Batmobile should be a balance between a sports car and a tank. We should have the impression that the car is capable of doing anything. As much as I love the 89 car (and freaking love it) it looks like it can't make a tight turn to save it'f life. The Tumbler is the best expression of a practical design, you really get the feeling that it could do whatever is needed from it. Personally, I would take the above design lean slightly more towards Tumbler/Arkham Knight, specifically with wheels and suspension.

C Prometheus likes this.
  25. jolldan

jolldan Registered

If we are using an actual car as the skeleton than its got to be the Allessian Concept Car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few different panels here and there and that could make a sick Batmobile.