BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arkham design? Does it look tough enough to take 1 blow from the Man Of Steel and not crumble?

The Arkham design? Does it look tough enough to take 1 blow from the Man Of Steel and not crumble?

I'm not really sure how to answer that as it's fiction, if you write it so the material it's made of is strong enough, then it's strong enough, and the Miller one never looked like it was particularly sturdy, just really clunky and difficult to move in.

I'm not really sure how to answer that as it's fiction, if you write it so the material it's made of is strong enough, then it's strong enough, and the Miller one never looked like it was particularly sturdy, just really clunky and difficult to move in.

True enough. But you know what I mean. Does the Arkham suit seem like a reasonable sort of design that you or I would BELIEVE could stand up to an assault from a god like alien? The bulk and clunkyness of the armor in TDKReturns is a visual clue that it's meant to take a pounding, because that is what Bruce is expecting from Superman's power level.

You make a good point. Batman with the armor in TDKR looked like an overgrown Lego Man to be quite frank. It has its charm no doubt but in live action? Not too sure.

Iron Man with Hulkbuster

Batman with Supesbuster

I'm imagining this is what a more "modern" version of the Miller armored Batman may look like on screen. Minus the Bat emblem of course.

quXPZEK.jpg

aww man IronBat :hubba i cant wait to see that!

of course... that will also be the day when Marvel-only fans would scream bloody rip off :csad:

lol....the fact you called it a belt rig says a lot. :cwink:

Though seriously, Batman carries Kryptonite, one of Zatanna's charms, a grapply gun, various smoke and flash bombs and anything else he needs at that time. :woot: Like I said, I've just never been a fan of the belt, but I have since abandoned my bigotry since I have been reminded that MAGIC exists in the DCU....lol

LOL! I only like the belt for the tactical reason. Thank you for the info on the things batman does carry.

How experienced do you think Affleck will play this, "fully established in his prime Batman"? or "he's missing a step here and there because of age Batman" I think at 40 you can kinda go either way.

Also I'm loving LOVING the look for everything in Arkham Knight.

I'm imagining this is what a more "modern" version of the Miller armored Batman may look like on screen. Minus the Bat emblem of course.

quXPZEK.jpg

Something I find a little disconcerting is the fact that we keep hearing one man's name over and over: Frank Miller. I really hope we're not getting Snyder's interpretation of The Dark Knight Returns.

How experienced do you think Affleck will play this, "fully established in his prime Batman"? or "he's missing a step here and there because of age Batman" I think at 40 you can kinda go either way.

Also I'm loving LOVING the look for everything in Arkham Knight.
I seriously hope it's the former. Seeing as this is Zack Snyder and he hasn't had a chance to play with Batman but has deeply wanted to then I would think the former is definitely the strongest possibility. Quite simply he won't be able to resist showing and portraying Batgod.

Something I find a little disconcerting is the fact that we keep hearing one man's name over and over: Frank Miller. I really hope we're not getting Snyder's interpretation of The Dark Knight Returns.
A justified concern.

he's said over and over he's not adapting it...he couldn't anyway...the characters and story wouldn't fit

The former would be my guess.
I don't think they would want to go into JL with a batman who's "missing a step"
Unless at some point in the movie he makes a turn around from that.
" This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle — broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... But I'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. The rain on my chest is a baptism. I'm born again" :woot:

he's said over and over he's not adapting it...he couldn't anyway...the characters and story wouldn't fit
He could still adapt aspects and qualities from TDKR that he's enjoyed so it's definitely a justifiable reservation seeing as before production his favorite Batman storyline was TDKR and for the announcement of this movie he quotes Batman from TDKR. The Batsuit is a mixture of Miller, Lee, and Capulo so once again Miller pops up.

Thinking he may adapt aspects of TDKR isn't completely farfetched at this point and very much within reason to hold certain reservation if Miller isn't ones cup of tea.

The Miller thing is another thing that I believe is causing needless panic.

They will draw from an amalgamation of stories, not just the Miller stuff.

He could still adapt aspects and qualities from TDKR that he's enjoyed so it's definitely a justifiable reservation seeing as before production his favorite Batman storyline was TDKR and for the announcement of this movie he quotes Batman from TDKR. The Batsuit is a mixture of Miller, Lee, and Capulo so once again Miller pops up.

Thinking he may adapt aspects of TDKR isn't completely farfetched at this point and very much within reason to hold certain reservation if Miller isn't ones cup of tea.

What aspects are we afraid will seep in from TDKR?

Anything involving Superman. :hehe:

So in this movie Superman will work for the government...put down the Russians...survive a nuke...and square off against Batman...get hit with a Green K arrow and get beaten by Batman and then Batman dies????

That's what we think will happen in this movie?

So in this movie Superman will work for the government...put down the Russians...survive a nuke...and square off against Batman...get hit with a Green K arrow and get beaten by Batman and then Batman dies????

That's what we think will happen in this movie?

It's not so much a fear that he'll literally adapt specific parts from that narrative. I think some of the concerns stem from the notion that he may opt to portray Superman as intellectually inferior to Batman. That's one concern anyway -- that Superman's characterization will be botched.

I get the feeling that Snyder will adapt as much of DKR as he can, while fitting it into WB's cinematic universe plan and good sequel to MoS.

I get the feeling that Snyder will adapt as much of DKR as he can, while fitting it into WB's cinematic universe plan and good sequel to MoS.

Basically, yeah. Let's hope he doesn't forget the Superman part of all this...

Interestingly, in the beginning....we may see that Superman agrees to work for Government whenever he feels that they need him for some legitimate cause.. which would eventually make him cross paths with Batman, who has completely different take on situation.

Interestingly, in the beginning....we may see that Superman agrees to work for Government whenever he feels that they need him for some legitimate cause.. which would eventually make him cross paths with Batman, who has completely different take on situation.

Makes sense. Especially with SUPES last convo with Gen. Swanwick in MOS. He said something like "I'm as American as they come, I was raised in Kansas." So I could def see SUPES working with the GOV.

^ He also says something like "You're scared of me because you think you don't control me. You don't. And you never will".

That's the right way to go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back