BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, yeah. Let's hope he doesn't forget the Superman part of all this...

I've always liked the idea of Supes helping the interests of america so much he eventually becomes (pretty much) a self doubting unwitting political puppet, which draws the ire of the anti authoritarian Batman who in turn gets manipulated (hopefully by lex) into some sort of hate and fear campaign, but not because he believes Kal is a bad person, but because he took that big step and actually killed someone, which is (according to bats) a slippery dangerous slope.

Then they'd both realise the error of their ways mid battle and do a manly hug [BLACKOUT]maybe a sneaky peck on the cheek[/BLACKOUT] and they rise above all that and go into the justice business for themselves by putting lex in jail.

Then Gal as WW pops up 5 minutes towards the end in full costume and goes all seductively "hey boys is there room for one more", then we cut to bruce and clark, smirking.

CREDITS

I'm better than David Goyer.

10293579_287179554782975_2230142510915652428_o.jpg

I get the feeling that Snyder will adapt as much of DKR as he can, while fitting it into WB's cinematic universe plan and good sequel to MoS.
This is my feeling as well. He's realised he will never get to direct a TDKR movie, so he's trying to use as much of it as he can get away with.

TDKR, Batman Beyond, Kingdom Come, Damian's future as Batman and so on, are all great stories but they're not the ones you need when you want to START your universe. I'd have no problem using them when ending the universe, or showing its future. But for the beginning, i think you need something different.

Also, i think Snyder is a bit wrong in trying to emulate Miller's design. The emblem for example only works on the Bane-ish batman that Miller draws and it's fine, everything works there. But you dont have to take it out of context and use it here. I know a lot of you like it, but that's besides the point. The point is that he could just as easily have liked Batman Beyond and given Bruce a glowing red emblem. Or he could have liked Quitely's art and given the batsuit infinite creases and cast Jay Leno because of the chin.

What i'm saying is, he shouldnt be getting carried away, so i hope he has the modesty and intelligence to only use parts that actually make sense, not go crazy with it.

This is my feeling as well. He's realised he will never get to direct a TDKR movie, so he's trying to use as much of it as he can get away with.

TDKR, Batman Beyond, Kingdom Come, Damian's future as Batman and so on, are all great stories but they're not the ones you need when you want to START your universe. I'd have no problem using them when ending the universe, or showing its future. But for the beginning, i think you need something different.

Also, i think Snyder is a bit wrong in trying to emulate Miller's design. The emblem for example only works on the Bane-ish batman that Miller draws and it's fine, everything works there. But you dont have to take it out of context and use it here. I know a lot of you like it, but that's besides the point. The point is that he could just as easily have liked Batman Beyond and given Bruce a glowing red emblem. Or he could have liked Quitely's art and given the batsuit infinite creases and cast Jay Leno because of the chin.

What i'm saying is, he shouldnt be getting carried away, so i hope he has the modesty and intelligence to only use parts that actually make sense, not go crazy with it.

Fat emblem =\= Red Beyond emblem. If he used the red emblem it would be weird, when has Bruce Wayne ever used that? but a fat emblem...it just works, it looks right, regardless of where he took it from.

Fat emblem =\= Red Beyond emblem. If he used the red emblem it would be weird, when has Bruce Wayne ever used that? but a fat emblem...it just works, it looks right, regardless of where he took it from.
To each his own. I think it's too big and too ugly, but the rest of the suit is so perfect that it doesnt matter.

Having an ugly emblem (imho) >>>>>>>>> Nolan's TDK batsuit

I get the feeling that Snyder will adapt as much of DKR as he can, while fitting it into WB's cinematic universe plan and good sequel to MoS.

I don't get that feeling at all.

I don't get that feeling at all.

What makes you say that?

Reason I said it is because i seem to recall Zack always going on about DKR and people wondering if he'd adapt it (thanks to his adaptations of miller's 300 and moore's Watchmen, it was a natural choice) it just seems like a perfect opportunity for him to bring his love for that story to life, and consdering so far he's done nothing but reference DKR....

To each his own. I think it's too big and too ugly, but the rest of the suit is so perfect that it doesnt matter.

Having an ugly emblem (imho) >>>>>>>>> Nolan's TDK batsuit

Honestly, I don't recall everyone hating the TDK batsuit back in 08, or have people only started to do that with the Affleck reveal.

Honestly, I don't recall everyone hating the TDK batsuit back in 08, or have people only started to do that with the Affleck reveal.
I was speaking for myself. I never liked it.

I was speaking for myself. I never liked it.

It's not just you, it's quite a lot of people here. I always knew it was probably the least liked element of the trilogy, but holy crap I haven't seen a single kind word towards it here.

Nope. I've always disliked it. The only reason I wasn't here complaining about it in 2008 was because I wasn't a member of the Hype back then. The Affleck costume will exacerbate things though considering it looks so much better.

Nope. I've always disliked it. The only reason I wasn't here complaining about it in 2008 was because I wasn't a member of the Hype back then. The Affleck costume will exacerbate things though considering it looks so much better.

You know, minority or not. I like the sculpted/paneled future soldier look, it fit the film better than Afflecks suit would have imho. Sre people hating on the new batman game for doing the same thing? Because I really like that one too.

*grabs Riot Shield*

Speaking for myself, i think the first thing batman should have is mystery. He should be a monster hiding in the shadows. He had that in Begins. Now i know all the explanations about the mob figuring him out so he didnt need to do that anymore, but the truth is Nolan did it because of all the flack he got for his action scenes in Begins which were a result of the suit's immobility.

Whatever the in universe explanations, i dont think Batman should look tacticool anymore than Ironman should be in spandex. At the end of the day, batman is figured out in comics too, but he still continues his sharade despite everything. He's batman.

You know, minority or not. I like the sculpted/paneled future soldier look, it fit the film better than Afflecks suit would have imho. Sre people hating on the new batman game for doing the same thing? Because I really like that one too.

*grabs Riot Shield*

I have nothing against people liking those suits. They didn't prevent me from liking the movies either. I just didn't like the look. As for the Arkham games, I don't love the current suit, but have liked previous ones. I love the overall look of the games too. The whole atmosphere is well done.

i was here when the TDK suit was released. I loved it at first.. over the years i've grown to hate it though... and they should've changed it for TDKR. What a missed opportunity.

Speaking for myself, i think the first thing batman should have is mystery. He should be a monster hiding in the shadows. He had that in Begins. Now i know all the explanations about the mob figuring him out so he didnt need to do that anymore, but the truth is Nolan did it because of all the flack he got for his action scenes in Begins which were a result of the suit's immobility.

Whatever the in universe explanations, i dont think Batman should look tacticool anymore than Ironman should be in spandex. At the end of the day, batman is figured out in comics too, but he still continues his sharade despite everything. He's batman.

Are you sure that's the word you want to use?

He can be tactical and still be a "monster" hiding in the shadows.

i was here when the TDK suit was released. I loved it at first.. over the years i've grown to hate it though... and they should've changed it for TDKR. What a missed opportunity.

Admittedly I did want a combination of TDK and BB's suit for Batman Begins, maybe a more stripped down version for his return to the city, that would have been cool.

63ba7f04ab62b43cb474203af26f1a61.jpg

This logo has overcome my initial reservations... there is something archaic about it - in the mythic, legendary sense.

Are you sure that's the word you want to use?

He can be tactical and still be a "monster" hiding in the shadows.
He can be a "monster" but not a monster.

I think mystery and "ninjaness" are even more important when you place Batman in the JL. If he doesnt have this air about him, then he's just a man in hockey pads. This is why i think he shouldnt have some robotic suit when he is with the JL. There's Superman, WW, GL and all the others that can trade blows with the big bad guys. Now that we've seen the power and speed of a live action Superman, Batman cant hope to compete no matter what hax suit he creates. He just wont be fast enough. So he needs to play to his strengths and be the ace in the hole.

What makes you say that?

Reason I said it is because i seem to recall Zack always going on about DKR and people wondering if he'd adapt it (thanks to his adaptations of miller's 300 and moore's Watchmen, it was a natural choice) it just seems like a perfect opportunity for him to bring his love for that story to life, and consdering so far he's done nothing but reference DKR....

Because it doesn't make any sense to adapt Miller's DKR for the first meeting of Batman and Superman and at the start of what WB/DC hopes will be a long-running shared universe. Snyder's not an idiot. Even if he's proclaimed his love for DKR, he knows he can't and shouldn't be focused on adapting it with this film. Plus, he didn't write the script, anyway.

We already know this film includes Superman, Batman, Martha Kent, Perry White, Lois Lane, Diana/Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Alfred Pennyworth. Based on the cast of characters alone, it sounds nothing like DKR. The only element I think this will take from Miller's DKR is the confrontational relationship between Batman and Superman at first, and maybe some visual homages, if any.

He can be a "monster" but not a monster.

I think mystery and "ninjaness" are even more important when you place Batman in the JL. If he doesnt have this air about him, then he's just a man in hockey pads. This is why i think he shouldnt have some robotic suit when he is with the JL. There's Superman, WW, GL and all the others that can trade blows with the big bad guys. Now that we've seen the power and speed of a live action Superman, Batman cant hope to compete no matter what hax suit he creates. He just wont be fast enough. So he needs to play to his strengths and be the ace in the hole.

He hasn't need one in the past 40 some years with the JL, why should he need one now?

Because it doesn't make any sense to adapt Miller's DKR for the first meeting of Batman and Superman and at the start of what WB/DC hopes will be a long-running shared universe. Snyder's not an idiot. Even if he's proclaimed his love for DKR, he knows he can't and shouldn't be focused on adapting it with this film. Plus, he didn't write the script, anyway.

We already know this film includes Superman, Batman, Martha Kent, Perry White, Lois Lane, Diana/Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Alfred Pennyworth. Based on the cast of characters alone, it sounds nothing like DKR. The only element I think this will take from Miller's DKR is the confrontational relationship between Batman and Superman at first, and maybe some visual homages, if any.

I disagree completely. There is CLEARLY going to be a bit of a TDKR influence.

Not an adaptation, but some elements of the story is definitely going to be inspired by TDKR. Zack Snyder already confirmed this

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/batman-vs-superman-not-adaptation-dark-knight-returns-140600799.html

In an interview with DC All Access, the 'Batman vs. Superman' director revealed that it won't be an adaptation of Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns'… but not before Kevin Smith weighed in on the subject.
"I don't want to see and I don't think Zack's trying to do Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns'," said Smith. "That will deserve its own movie, and god willing one day he's going to do it. Somebody's going to get there, and if anybody is going to get there it's him."
And it looks as though Snyder agrees.
"If you were going to do that, you would need a different Superman," he said, just to clarify. "We're bringing Batman into the universe that now this Superman lives in."

In a interview to French magazine Popcorn, Snyder said that the comic will serve has a building block to the film.
"The comic book will influence the history of Batman vs. Superman, on which the writer David S. Goyer and myself will work."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"