• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
TASM 2 suit is over rated
Some of you guys act like the suit looks like it literally jumped out of the comic book... by that logic, Raimi's is just as accurate to the comics, don't make me photoshop TASM 2 suit side by side with the comic Spidey then I'll point out everything different between them... Batfleck from what I've seen is more comic accurate than TASM 2 suit (imo looks like a rehash of Raimi)

You probably shouldn't look at the BvS suit with the comic Batman side by side... you might think it's overrated too. :oldrazz:

You know, i never got the armpit webbing. Was it ever explained in the comics? I know that Spider-Woman had some webbing that helped her fly or something.
Nah, it was really just a part of the design. No explanation ever given.

I'd like to see the webbing make a brief appearance one day.

Yeah, that would be cool, i wonder if any of them would be made of rubber though?

I hope they do this!

They'd probably be made in the cheapest way possible if they have no intention of putting a person inside them. Would love to see suits on display in the cave.

5TuxPva.jpg

The texture on the bodysuit looks very interesting.

It was a relevant comparison in context... when suddenly

f607725adc9a69bc5162e6192003bdf0.jpg

Also, I have been doing some digging..
Seems that, though different Costume Designers were in charge?
It seems that both suits..
Spider-mans from "TASM2, and Ben new suit.. Were actually developed, R&D'd, and built by the same people..

Can't wait to see a nice color photo of Batman from the front..
Check it out..
Found them on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ironhead-Studio/96205553710?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm still on the fence about it. I had a bad knee jerk reaction to it at first but it's starting to grow on me. I kind of wish I had more of a Kevlar like pattern to it.

Otherwise, it's the suit we all wanted since this thing got announced.

I'm still on the fence about it. I had a bad knee jerk reaction to it at first but it's starting to grow on me. I kind of wish I had more of a Kevlar like pattern to it.

Otherwise, it's the suit we all wanted since this thing got announced.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like it's textured to look like either a ballistic nylon, or carbon fiber weave. Can't wait for a clear shot of it.

Honestly the only thing I don't like about this suit based on what we've seen is the belt. I'm tired of the scifi metal looking belt. It would be nice to see a fabric belt on the big screen, done right, with capsules and tough, cordura pouches and all...

I think the belt looks fine. We definitely could've gotten worse. It seems like it's very hard to get it right, because I haven't really loved any of the ones we've gotten so far. It's a really small thing.

I'm just glad we're getting a belt that actually looks functional.

I'm fine with the belt. It looks like it can actually be used (and I hope it does).

What does a Kevlar like pattern look like?

I think the belt looks fine. We definitely could've gotten worse. It seems like it's very hard to get it right, because I haven't really loved any of the ones we've gotten so far. It's a really small thing.

Every belt Captain America has worn in 4 movies would be a perfectly good bat-belt. That's all it has to be (in appropriate colours, of course).

What does a Kevlar like pattern look like?

Not the best color, but this is ballistic kevlar:

K29-745.jpg

I'd say based on what we can see in the pics released, that is what they're going for, too.

TASM 2 suit is over rated
Some of you guys act like the suit looks like it literally jumped out of the comic book... by that logic, Raimi's is just as accurate to the comics, don't make me photoshop TASM 2 suit side by side with the comic Spidey then I'll point out everything different between them... Batfleck from what I've seen is more comic accurate than TASM 2 suit (imo looks like a rehash of Raimi)

Back on topic, this Batman looks like the type that will break your bones, then call the ambulance :D

You haven't even seen a full colored image of the suit yet? Let alone in live action... Two pictures (one black and white, the other of just the face) and it beats out TASM 2's.

You haven't even seen a full colored image of the suit yet? Let alone in live action... Two pictures (one black and white, the other of just the face) and it beats out TASM 2's.
Yep.

Not the best color, but this is ballistic kevlar:

K29-745.jpg

I'd say based on what we can see in the pics released, that is what they're going for, too.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I just think some people have weird ideas of what Kevlar actually IS.

From the old debates from years ago, most people thought Kevlar was big bulky plating, when really, Kevlar is just the fabric in front of the plating. I think most people just associate Kevlar as being an entire bullet proof vest.

Man, those were some crazy debates. People never could grasp the easiest concepts. I'm so glad we finally have a black and grey suit, now.

From the old debates from years ago, most people thought Kevlar was big bulky plating, when really, Kevlar is just the fabric in front of the plating. I think most people just associate Kevlar as being an entire bullet proof vest.

Man, those were some crazy debates. People never could grasp the easiest concepts. I'm so glad we finally have a black and grey suit, now.
Exactly! There is no such thing as kevlar "plates". (I'm looking at you Nolan.)

Exactly! There is no such thing as kevlar "plates". (I'm looking at you Nolan.)

The PASGT (Personal Armor System Ground Troops) helmet comprises layers of Kevlar fiber laminated with a resin that is formed into a rigid shell. The helmet serves as plate armor for the head to deflect shrapnel and bullets. However, a bullet can penetrate with a direct impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"