• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the old debates from years ago, most people thought Kevlar was big bulky plating, when really, Kevlar is just the fabric in front of the plating. I think most people just associate Kevlar as being an entire bullet proof vest.

Man, those were some crazy debates. People never could grasp the easiest concepts. I'm so glad we finally have a black and grey suit, now.

tumblr_inline_n8sjwcN5qv1rzh5un.jpg

:woot:

The PASGT (Personal Armor System Ground Troops) helmet comprises layers of Kevlar fiber laminated with a resin that is formed into a rigid shell. The helmet serves as plate armor for the head to deflect shrapnel and bullets. However, a bullet can penetrate with a direct impact.

Yep, you can lay any fabric you want into the right resins to create a fiberglass-like plate/shell, if someone picks Kevlar woven material or carbon fiber woven material then those strong fabric properties are incorporated into the hardened resin after it cures.

Or you can take that Kevlar fabric with the right cutting & sewing equipment to make yourself a nice blazer dinner jacket if you prefer...

Yep, you can lay any fabric you want into the right resins to create a fiberglass-like plate/shell, if someone picks Kevlar woven material or carbon fiber woven material then those strong fabric properties are incorporated into the hardened resin after it cures.

Or you can take that Kevlar fabric with the right cutting & sewing equipment to make yourself a nice blazer dinner jacket if you prefer...
This is correct. But just b/c something can be artificially made into a hard shell doesn't mean it is naturally a hard shell.

This is correct. But just b/c something can be artificially made into a hard shell doesn't mean it is naturally a hard shell.
A fabric like Kevlar can be made into plate armor like the PASGT helmet; this premise probably serves as the concept behind Christopher Nolan's rendition of the Batsuit. The beholder's aesthetic sensibilities determine the design's failure, success, or mediocrity.

A fabric like Kevlar can be made into plate armor like the PASGT helmet; this premise probably serves as the concept behind Christopher Nolan's rendition of the Batsuit. The beholder's aesthetic sensibilities determine the design's failure, success, or mediocrity.
I know, it's really not a huge deal:yay:

And that bat symbol is too thin. Completely opposite of the Batfleck symbol

And that bat symbol is too thin. Completely opposite of the Batfleck symbol

I'm not sure if this is meant as a little dig at what I said, but I don't just dislike that cowl because it's not like batfleck's. The Fleck's cowl was just an example of the type of cowl I prefer over what I consider to be an awkward looking one.

I'm not sure if this is meant as a little dig at what I said, but I don't just dislike that cowl because it's not like batfleck's. The Fleck's cowl was just an example of the type of cowl I prefer over what I consider to be an awkward looking one.

No, not a dig at all. I generally agree with what you have to say. Honestly I wish Batflecks ears were bigger, but I tend not to nitpick

Anyone else a fan of this cowl design?

fypKKGN.jpg

I like the first appearance look and think a great cowl could be made of it, but I don't like the particular interpretation of it in that painting.

Not for a live action suit, but as an image, it's scary. I'd freak if I saw that out at night.

When we get a good, colour shot of batfleck in a face-on pose, I might try to manip it into the Affleck version of the "first appearance" look.

I love that cowl. If you were a criminal walking down a dark alley, you look behind you and suddenly see that, you'd **** yourself immediately.

This is a much better interpretation of it:

SDCC-2014-Kotobukiya-First-Appearance-Batman-ARTFX+-Statue-Bob-Kane-003.jpg

For a modern reinterpretation of the classic design, I love this one:

the_batman_by_danielmurrayart-d7h5lra.jpg

Here's a treat, Keaton in an unused Batman Returns cowl. I like it better than any he wore onscreen!

batmanreturnsrare.jpg

76da73f7e9276ca5d6f8c2caf2b2e0c0.jpg

I like the cowl, but I don´t like the big fat batman logo. Sorry, I have never been a fan of Frank Miller´s DKR batman (looks and personality). For the rest, I´m not a purist about this subject so It´s more a matter of If the actor using the batsuit will make it believable to me. And I have nothing against Ben Affleck, he is a good director/writer, but as an actor...I find him mediocre at best. Other than when he was down right bad (Gigli bad!), I´ve never paid attention to him. He is kind of beige. But the fact that he is the one portraying my favority comic character ever scares the hell out of me. I really hope I´m wrong.

I´ve always thought that Batman suit is one of the hardest one to translate into live action films. In comics it looks fantastic, but in real life...Not so much. That´s why I´ve always loved animated Batman and not so much live action batman.
I just hope that his suit can at least give him a credible amount of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"