• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a treat, Keaton in an unused Batman Returns cowl. I like it better than any he wore onscreen!

batmanreturnsrare.jpg

76da73f7e9276ca5d6f8c2caf2b2e0c0.jpg

It seems much more organic looking, as apposed to the one from the film which looked far more angular...
sorry-michael-keaton-your-portrayal-of-batman-isnt-as-good-as-christian-bales.jpg

batman.jpg

It seems much more organic looking, as apposed to the one from the film which looked far more angular...
sorry-michael-keaton-your-portrayal-of-batman-isnt-as-good-as-christian-bales.jpg

batman.jpg

Yeah, it's a lot sleeker too. His head wouldn't have looked as big as it does in the 89 one.

^How have I never seen these?

I couldn't believe I never had either! Imagine that cowl on the body of that Keaton maquette from a few days ago! Someone manip it!

Here's a treat, Keaton in an unused Batman Returns cowl. I like it better than any he wore onscreen!

batmanreturnsrare.jpg

76da73f7e9276ca5d6f8c2caf2b2e0c0.jpg

Oh, god. Just seeing this pictures...I hated Michael Keaton as Batman/bruce wayne. Too damn short, weird balding hairstyle, not nearly as handsome as I´ve always pictured Bruce Wayne to be, no charm, nothing! Sorry to be this shallow, but yeah. To be fair I like his voice.

Oh, god. Just seeing this pictures...I hated Michael Keaton as Batman/bruce wayne. Too damn short, weird balding hairstyle, not nearly as handsome as I´ve always pictured Bruce Wayne to be, no charm, nothing! Sorry to be this shallow, but yeah. To be fair I like his voice.

I just accepted that Keaton/Burton Batman is not comic book Batman. I don't hate those movies and I don't love them. I liked the costumes for what they were but they could have been better. This cowl could have been a start.

I just accepted that Keaton/Burton Batman is not comic book Batman. I don't hate those movies and I don't love them. I liked the costumes for what they were but they could have been better. This cowl could have been a start.

You are right about the movie. I guess I´ve yet to achieve your sanity level. I´m being honest here!
I could be really wrong, but looks the same cowl to me. It´s the lighting that gives an illusion that film cowl is thicker/different. I don´t know. But I´m not seeing that much of a difference.

You are right about the movie. I guess I´ve yet to achieve your sanity level. I´m being honest here!
I could be really wrong, but looks the same cowl to me. It´s the lighting that gives an illusion that film cowl is thicker/different. I don´t know. But I´m not seeing that much of a difference.

It's definitely different. There's a complete lack of sharp lines around the eyes that the 89 and 92 cowls both have.

batman.jpg

I like what the final version did in terms of casting shadows on his face. I'm not sure if the unused version would get that same effect.

I like what the final version did in terms of casting shadows on his face. I'm not sure if the unused version would get that same effect.

The unused one is unused for Returns, not the original. He still would have had the same one in 89.

Any there are enough brows on it that any good lighting person could have created similar shadowing anyway.

Yeah- there is no arguing that that cowl is awesome! I can say that it's my favorite of all the movie cowls at this point. It will most likely cement it for me when I see it in action.

By the way, does anyone know when they're going to release that full length shot of Batman that they showed in Hall H? I mean, why not release it now?:cmad:

Batman seems to have a problem with the cocaines. Both Keaton and Batfleck seem to need a snort just to be able to put the cowl on.

Awesome, I can't wait for you to substantiate that libelous allegation. :up:

Yeah- there is no arguing that that cowl is awesome! I can say that it's my favorite of all the movie cowls at this point. It will most likely cement it for me when I see it in action.

I'm really intrigued, since we've never really seen a short-eared cowl done well. The only other one was from the '66 series/film, and it had the weird combo-texture thing.

I dont think its white powder on Aflecks batman. Thats just light reflecting. But as for Keatons white powder. Yeah it does look like he just took a big snake of a line off a table and forgot that he had his cowl on and whiped his head in it as he snorted....
Also that unused Keaton cowl looks ALOT like the new Afleck one...

Also that unused Keaton cowl looks ALOT like the new Afleck one...

I disagree. The unused Keaton cowl is a more tame version of the one used in BR. With the Affleck image, I was immediately reminded of All-Star Batman and Robin:

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/66363/image_assets/image_1.jpg

I wouldn't say it looks "ALOT" like Batflecks. It looks as similar as Batmans cowl should look to another Batmans cowl.

The somewhat raised brow is the only particular similarity I see between the two and even with that, Keatons brow is more angular than Afflecks.

Nice user name:cwink:

Yep. If Keaton hadn't turned in the best Batman performance of any actor to date, he would have been really awful.

...But instead, he did do that, and is awesome.

But I would love for once to see back-swept ears, BTAS/JL style.

Yep, JL Batman has a killer cowl--and a great design over all. There are a lot of things i'd love to see make it to screen someday--a dark blue cape and cowl or the return of the oval, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"