BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone do a manip of the Batman Returns (my fave batsuit) with the new emblem on the chest and a more practical/realistic belt? The first Burton suit was great IMO except for the muscles. This has a bit more of a armored look without being to armor-y. A newer, perhaps streamlined version of this (with a moveable neck of course) would be ideal for me. I love the length of the ears on the cowl and the sinister look of the brow area.
MPW-40413

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The lenses just look silly when they are that big.

Call them what you will. I call them undies. Cus it looks like he's wearing undies. It looks ridiculous. He will not be wearing trunks, or undies or panties. It looks really, really ridiculous.

And you'd be wrong.

Well, I think they handled the CG cape on Superman well enough. I think it could work out alright if it's subtle and well-constructed.

Oh, that's what you meant? I thought you were talking about an always CG cape a la Spawn.

No, the above is fine. That's similar to what they did in the Nolan movies, and Superman Returns and as you say, what Snyder did for MoS. Yeah, that's ideal.

I've posted this before but I'll share it again:

1600x90014094batmandesi.jpg

I've always been a fan of this design.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this used, but just more form fitting than the rather loose look used here.

Yeah, slim that down and make it more form fitting, and I'd love to see that on screen.

Fix the chin thing on his cowl, slim his legs down a bit, make sure he has arm fins, and I think it's near perfect for a Batsuit. Not only does it retain the classic grey/black look we all want now, but it also makes him look protected/armored with a material that isn't necessarily hard or plated.

If you look at it very closely or zoom in slightly, you can see some of the brilliant details and get an idea of the texture. It looks like he could really move in that. It would also look a little more "rough" compared to Cavill's pristine Superman suit. We've always had such clean and smooth Batman suits on film. It would be cool to get something that fits a little more with the idea of a man waging an urban war on crime.

Less technological-looking than TDK's, more animalistic, yet practical. A redesign of Batman's original look, for sure, but it still comes off as oddly faithful. You can't look at it and NOT think, "That's Batman". It also even has a form of the trunks to please the trunks-lovers!!

I've always been a fan of this design.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this used, but just more form fitting than the rather loose look used here.

I really dislike the cowl and the way the symbol is integrated into the suit. It can be integrated into the suit and look good, the execution of it is just bad in this picture. Also, get rid of that stuff on his right thigh, it's unnecessary.

With those changes, this would be a suitable costume

Fix the chin thing on his cowl, slim his legs down a bit, make sure he has arm fins, and I think it's near perfect for a Batsuit. Not only does it retain the classic grey/black look we all want now, but it also makes him look protected/armored with a material that isn't necessarily hard or plated.

If you look at it very closely or zoom in slightly, you can see some of the brilliant details and get an idea of the texture. It looks like he could really move in that. It would also look a little more "rough" compared to Cavill's pristine Superman suit. We've always had such clean and smooth Batman suits on film. It would be cool to get something that fits a little more with the idea of a man waging an urban war on crime.

Less technological-looking than TDK's, more animalistic, yet practical. A redesign of Batman's original look, for sure, but it still comes off as oddly faithful. You can't look at it and NOT think, "That's Batman". It also even has a form of the trunks to please the trunks-lovers!!

You don't think a billionare owner of a company like Wayne Enterprises could have a pristine, state-of-the-art suit to help him in his war on crime? I prefer Batman to be as surgical and streamlined as possible. I think it just fits in with his machine-like precision and way of going about things.

In your opinion. :yay:

Well, not really. I know I'm a little (heh) obsessive about it but the proper term is trunks, and not undies. Not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of using the proper word. Just like you wouldn't call Batman's boots sandals. :cwink:

Well, not really. I know I'm a little (heh) obsessive about it but the proper term is trunks, and not undies. Not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of using the proper word. Just like you wouldn't call Batman's boots sandals. :cwink:

:pal:

Bathead you crack me up.... you really do

You know, I actually love this! My only problems are with the chin and although I like the inter grated bat symbol it needs to be more obviously a bat IMO.

Not a fan of the Symbol or the Cowl, but I wouldn't mind some of these elements. I really really like the long flowing cape. That's something that Nolan got right in Batman Begins, but apparently he forgot about in in TDK and TDKR (outside of a couple of shots in Rises)

Not a fan of that suit. I hate the leg straps on Batman.

Oh, that's what you meant? I thought you were talking about an always CG cape a la Spawn.
Well, part of it would be CG always. I was just talking about using CG to bridge the gap between a latex helmet-type mask and a material cape. In every movie suit up through Batman Begins, the mask was this weird head+neck thing that just had a separate cape under it, and the neck part made movement impossible. So Nolan changed it to more of a helmet with separate neck plate armor, but still had a totally separate cape.

What I'm advocating is a tiny CG effect on probably every shot with Batman to "merge" his cowl to his cape in a way which is not possible with real materials. Think of it like using CG to digitally paint out Voldemort's nose, except on an even smaller scale. I could really see it just being used to hide two seams: helmet to neck and neck to cape.

This depends on how the opening of the cowl is shaped. But i tend to prefer a chin-strap for actors that dont have strong jawlines. Great example would be Chris Evans as CA, in the First Avenger the whole suit looked better but particularly the cowl because he strengthened Evans' jawline. Then in Avengers his whole cowl seemed off tilt and unbalanced, the opening of the mouth w/o the chinstrap just made Evans jawline look rather weak.

For Batman, and Affleck in the role, i think a chinstrap-esc cowl could definitely make the suit more complete.

Well, it needs to be form fitting no doubt. Maybe some light padding here and there.

Got bored and starting researching neoprene suits:

Triathlon_neoprene_smooth_skin_wetsuit.jpg

mason4-19-3.jpg

tumblr_m08kbhKNOE1r6day8.jpg

So something similar to that with some light padding/armor maybe modeled after Arkham Origins but not as bulky.

batman-arkham-origins-christmas-eve.jpg

I just really want to see a more agile and nimble Batman without the suit to hinder him.

So yesterday I was able to see the touring exhibit of Superman costumes from Superman 3, Lois and Clark, Superman Returns and Man of Steel. One thing that jumped out was how much more professional and "legit".

Superman Returns obviously looked well made and the Christopher Reeve one looked alot better than Lois and Clark. Granted Lois and Clark had the whole idea that Ma Kent made the suit so it kind of came off that way but still..

My point is, any Batman suit that looks too much like tights, even if the explanation is that they aren't tights just won't work for Batman on film. With Superman, he is invincible so he could wear whatever he wanted. Batman's suit, on film, needs to look like a guy who understands he is (at the end of the day) just a man. I'm not saying an Iron Man suit, but if Batman is so smart and tactical, he surely won't run around in something that would make him too vulnerable.

Yes Batman uses stealth, and yes he is agile, but The Avengers showed us a Captain America suit that allowed for mobility but didn't look like it was pure spandex.

A good, non-monochromatic black rubber suit is possible. The main question is if the people making these movies believe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"