BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That suit is cool, despite Batman not having a neck.

I just wanted to add, the only realism I really care about in this kind of fantasy fare is how realistically normal people act under such unbelievable circumstances. If they get that right, it's all good.

Agreed

It would be nice, But I doubt it will happen. But then again, ya never know.

(OK, wait for it ...)
I honestly wouldn't mind something like it though I don't like how the fabric seems to be a little loose and stretch the way it does.

That does look pretty cool.
I have never been much of a fan of Batman, I've seen some of the movies. I don't know though why some people complain about the Batman suits in the movies. Probably because I have never read the source material, so I never really understood what it is that the Batman fans have been waiting for. I think that suit there looks cool, but then again I think the ones in the Batman movies looked pretty cool too (at least in the Batman movies I have seen).

I remanipped the Bale image to look like a stubbly Affleck. And added white eye-slits.
jHAr2R8.jpg

I always wanted the "pants" part of the batsuit to be black, but also wanted mostly grey everywhere else on the suit.

God damn, somehow missed this. I hope we get something close to it!

batssidebaleeditcopy.jpg

Whenever I complain about fabric batman costume people generally retort with. "Do you really think we'll get an Adam West costume in a Hollywood movie ?"

But really when I'm complaining about fabric I'm talking about this. I don't want to see a single crease or wrinkle on the thing.

Oh and lose the underwear :cwink:

Otherwise, with some darker grey for the suit it's pretty dope.

I'm on my phone so, I'm not sure if this'll come out right...
vampire_batman.jpg

I've never liked that picture. Batman looks like they have just dug him up after three years in the ground.

It looks pretty bad.

He's on the Gal Gadot diet.

No. An explanation isn't needed.

But we have to able to BELIEVE that the suit makes sense as a choice for the character. The situation and environment don't have to be realistic, but the audience should be able to see real character in the people on screen. We need to be able to understand and trust their motivations. You can't have characters do wacky things just because the source material says they should. This can lead to plot holes where people ask "why did they do that?" and the only answer that can be given is "because the script said so." I don't want a Bruce Wayne who does insane things and the only reason why is "lol comics".

So when I see the Arkham version of the Adam West suit above, it doesn't read as a masked detective to me. I don't see how a pulp character would wear that. It makes no sense for Bruce Wayne, billionaire vigilante. What it looks like to me is a lucha wrestler with an unusual bat theme. If Bruce Wayne was fighting Mexican wrestlers, that costume design makes a lot of sense, but if he's an urban ninja, butting heads with the alien god Superman, it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

Very well said, sir!

No. An explanation isn't needed.

But we have to able to BELIEVE that the suit makes sense as a choice for the character. The situation and environment don't have to be realistic, but the audience should be able to see real character in the people on screen. We need to be able to understand and trust their motivations. You can't have characters do wacky things just because the source material says they should. This can lead to plot holes where people ask "why did they do that?" and the only answer that can be given is "because the script said so." I don't want a Bruce Wayne who does insane things and the only reason why is "lol comics".

So when I see the Arkham version of the Adam West suit above, it doesn't read as a masked detective to me. I don't see how a pulp character would wear that. It makes no sense for Bruce Wayne, billionaire vigilante. What it looks like to me is a lucha wrestler with an unusual bat theme. If Bruce Wayne was fighting Mexican wrestlers, that costume design makes a lot of sense, but if he's an urban ninja, butting heads with the alien god Superman, it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

I think he should have a special "mech" costume STRICTLY for fighting SUperman. But I don't think anyone wants a 60s style Batman outfit. Right? :word:

I think he should have a special "mech" costume STRICTLY for fighting SUperman. But I don't think anyone wants a 60s style Batman outfit. Right? :word:

I'd rather Batman have a 60s style outfits over a "mech" suit to fight Superman.

I remanipped the Bale image to look like a stubbly Affleck. And added white eye-slits.
jHAr2R8.jpg

I always wanted the "pants" part of the batsuit to be black, but also wanted mostly grey everywhere else on the suit.

Is that the issue most fans have had with the movie versions of the Batman suits? The colors? That they want gray or is it something else?

jHAr2R8.jpg

I don't mind this at all, other than a few minor things.

1. I agree with other about not liking the wrinkles/creases. The body suit part should be a little thicker (like Supes suit in MoS) so it gives the illusion of thinner fabric, but the ability for them to mold Batman's body a little.

2. I know you wanted the pants to be black, but I think the whole body suit should be grey. And, yes, I'm one of the ones that think there would be no need for trunks.

3. I'm not gonna complain about the cowl since I know the source material, but I've talked about what I'd like in a cowl in past posts.

I really like the white eyes (again, yes I'm one of THOSE guys) and the bat symbol. I'm really liking the black utility belt, but not completely sold on it yet.

Overall, very happy with it! I just think with Ben's body frame, he's really gonna make a great looking batman (tall and broad). "Yes Virginia, there is a Batfleck!"

Should I say anything regwec? Like "and there it is?" or should I leave well enough alone? :yay:

Should I say anything regwec? Like "and there it is?" or should I leave well enough alone? :yay:

Oh come on, Bathead, relax. I'm commenting on the manip, not making a stand on an ongoing debated issue. If you even care, I don't mind the trunks in the original manip really. Now if I had gone into a hateful diatribe about trunks and all that, then you and regwec could pull out the same old guns and start firing, with all due respect of course:woot:

The manipulations showing fabric suit looks horrendous. Makes the suit look cheap and lame. Not saying that fabric shouldn't be used, but damn, there has to be a better way to implement fabric.

All of these purported rationalisations are generally born out of somebody trying to defend a movie in which the suit looks ugly, by claiming the ugliness is in some way necessary.

Lol, pretty much. Some refuse to entertain the possibility of the Nolan movies having flaws. I was a big fan of the Nolan bat, but the suit in the TDK and TDKR just wasn't pleasing to the eye. And sure practicality plays a part, but Batman's image is more important. There's an aura of bat-like, creature of the night that he has to have. That zig-zaggy Nolan suit didn't have it.

I don't know. I liked the suit in TDK/TDKR. Not because of practicality; I just thought it looked badass. I thought the BB suit was kind of cheap-looking though.

Still love all three movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"