BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really get the sense with that costume design that it is something Bruce poured all of his rage and his yearning for justice into. Something that will strike fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere. Something elemental. Something terrifying.

Honestly, if someone chased me wearing that.. I'd be MORE terrified of him than Batman :D

Me too. I'd stab him with my goddamn keys. Terrifying.

Based off what the reports say the suit is inspired by, I'm sure what we're going to get will be more than likely the Batman Noel suit with some changes. Imagine this live action, much like the Night Owl suit from Watchmen. It works, and it works well.

batman-art-example.jpg

I think that's really cool.

The main thing I don't like about the Noel bodysuit is the hard, jagged zigzaggy shapes and the fact that it looks like leather. If the shapes were more organic and rounded, and it was made out of some kind of tough, textured stretch fabric it would be awesome.

The MOS Superman suit is basically a spandex with the chain-link pattern printed on in latex, right?

Batman's just needs to have a different pattern printed on - either some kind of crisscross woven texture or something leathery and skin-like

Kevin Smith didn't say anything about the noel suit.

I've been meaning to get Batman Noel for a while, it's a fantastic GN.

The MOS Superman suit is basically a spandex with the chain-link pattern printed on in latex, right?

Batman's just needs to have a different pattern printed on - either some kind of crisscross woven texture or something leathery and skin-like

Sounds good to me.

Regardless of what the final design of the suit is, I hope that Snyder takes full advantage of its cinematic potentials. I get the drive for keeping things "grounded," but that's no excuse on missing an opportunity to translate an amazing visual like this to film. It looks amazing in the game...and it'd be brilliant in the theater.
batman-arkham-origins-general-screenshot-7.png

Regardless of what the final design of the suit is, I hope that Snyder takes full advantage of its cinematic potentials. I get the drive for keeping things "grounded," but that's no excuse on missing an opportunity to translate an amazing visual like this to film. It looks amazing in the game...and it'd be brilliant in the theater.

Agreed 100%. If that is the cinematic approach to framing Batman visually, I would freak out.

There is SO much potential left on the table for Bats. I hope Snyder sees the opportunity to own this as the best depiction of Batman yet. It's totally possible.

Damn. Wouldn't want to run into that in a dark alley. I honestly think Snyder is capable of bringing this to the screen. He's great with visuals and iconography.

That he is, and it was one thing on which Nolan indisputably came up short.

I feel Snyder will give us the animated and videogame versions brought to life. It's just the obvious way to go.

Heck, "Arrow" does a better job of presenting Batman on-screen visually than Nolan did and it's not even actually Batman.

And of course Snyder's already done it with Nite-Owl.

I just hope there's no obvious wire-work where Batman is doing stuff too far outside of what a non powered human could do.

Last edited:
I feel Snyder will give us the animated and videogame versions brought to life. It's just the obvious way to go.

Heck, "Arrow" does a better job of presenting Batman on-screen visually than Nolan did and it's not even actually Batman.

And of course Nolan's Snyder's already done it with Nite-Owl.

I just hope there's no obvious wire-work where Batman is doing stuff too far outside of what a non powered human could do.
Damnit, fanboys give Nolan too much credit.

Agreed, as much as I liked the TDKT, He could have done better.

Damnit, fanboys give Nolan too much credit.

Haha, yeah. God, Watchmen wasn't perfect but I shudder to imagine what Nolan's version would have looked like!

Haha, yeah. God, Watchmen wasn't perfect but I shudder to imagine what Nolan's version would have looked like!

He'd be too busy trying to come up with a scientific explanation for Rorschach's mask.

I applaud you, sir.

Yes. I'm kind of counting on it :D

ManOfSteel2013-4229.jpg

It's kind of funny, but I think there's a tonal disconnect between Goyer and Snyder. Watching the 75th anniversary cartoon, I realized that Zack can make a full-on tribute when he wants to (and yeah, I know, he had a lot of help from Timm).

I feel like Goyer is the one who's trying to aim for the BB-hyperserious and "grounded" approach (and I do feel like Nolan was limiting his creativity in some ways, even for MOS)

I fully expect Snyder to kick the crap out of Nolan when it comes to the visuals of Batman. With the exception of that one rooftop shot in BEGINS after he first takes down Falcone, I was pretty underwhelmed with Nolan's "iconic" shots of Batman. They seemed to always be more about the city around him, and "Look, we went into a helicopter for this one!".

I fully expect Snyder to kick the crap out of Nolan when it comes to the visuals of Batman. With the exception of that one rooftop shot in BEGINS after he first takes down Falcone, I was pretty underwhelmed with Nolan's "iconic" shots of Batman. They seemed to always be more about the city around him, and "Look, we went into a helicopter for this one!".

Yeah completely agreed. The stories were great in TDKT, but there was a serious lack of iconic Batman visuals.

For me, this was one of the standout visuals from TDKT, and we can do a LOT better.
vgyqQ8y.jpg

It's like Nolan completely ignored the fact that Batman has such iconic imagery. He completely neglected the creature of the night angle. I want to see a Batman that appears almost supernatural to criminals. Like the Arkham Origins screenshot posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"