BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's live action, yes, it's real people. It's "real life". Thanks.

They're not going to make Batmans costume sky blue.

Again, what works for a drawing in comics does not always work on real people with real materials and lighting.

THIS! I think the light grey should stay on the pages. I think it should be a mid-grey or darker grey, but light grey sticks out like a sore thumb in dark lighting.
2563264-batmannn.jpg

As well as the outer undies.

the Batman-On-Film website just posted this. Keep in mind that the guy who posted this news has gotten some scoops right and some wrong.

Jason Mamoa will not be Martian Manhunter or Aquaman. Neither character is in the film.

- Wonder Woman could have “cameo plus” type role in the film, on par with what Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow did in Iron Man 2

- Expects the first look at Ben Affleck in early 2014 right around the time they will start filming in February.

- Has been told that the film is truly a Superman sequel and not a secret Justice League film like everyone suspects.

- Thinks that Arrow being included in the DC Movie Universe is wishful thinking.

- Believes we will get another Superman sequel without any other DC characters.

- Character wise he expects Batman to be, “ a healthy amount of Dark Knight Returns, a bit of Kingdom Come, and just a dash of Batman Beyond.”

- No Batman villains will be included.

- Doesn’t expect any shade of blue or tights for the Batsuit. More armor with Beyond and or Kingdom Come capabilities.

Well this guy has posted before the Batfleck casting that Ben Affleck would NOT play Batman in the movie, so take it with a grain of salt

- character wise he expects batman to be, “ a healthy amount of dark knight returns, a bit of kingdom come, and just a dash of batman beyond.”

- doesn’t expect any shade of blue or tights for the batsuit. More armor with beyond and or kingdom come capabilities.[/indent][/color][/left]

[/color][/left]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Is BOF the good one or the bad one?
The bad one.

This is a standard Jett "scoop"- it doesn't actually say anything that can't be slithered away from when it turns out to be false.

Ignore.

i seriously believe Affleck's batsuit will look similar to the one in the Arkham games. first live action film to have a gray rather than all black suit.

- Doesn’t expect any shade of blue or tights for the Batsuit. More armor with Beyond and or Kingdom Come capabilities.

The puffy Arkham suits, or even some of the one with straight up metal plating don't even remotely approach the ludicrousness level of Batman: Kingdom Come. The look is pure 90s action figure garbage of the worst kind.

If they really use it, my R Grampa manip & the Injustice suit are going to start looking pretty damn amazing in comparison. And though I don't really dig it, I'd start praying right now for a change to the Lee Bermejo suit. Hell, I'd prefer Affleck literally wear Daredevil's costume as Batman than the Batman: Kingdom Come armor.

Kingdom_Come_Batman.jpg

That's not Batman, that's Robocop wearing a batman mask.

If WB thought the Batfleck casting experienced a backlash, just wait until they show off 'Fleck in a dumb suit of armor. Even the most die hard Nolan haters are going to be watching the trilogy on repeat for months.

...And if Kevin Smith saw that and said that everyone will be on board with it, he should be hunted down and locked away forever in the basement of a mega church and preached to every day by a psychotic right-winger for the rest of his life.

I can only hope with all my might that they don't give us the steaming pile that would be a Kingdom Come outfit, even tempered with a Batman Beyond touch (that suit is cool as hell, but it's literally not Batman).

It's just Jett being the usual dumbass- ignore it.

Besides, Kevin Smith said that the suit was a break away from "the usual black Matrix armour" (my paraphrase).

The puffy Arkham suits, or even some of the one with straight up metal plating don't even remotely approach the ludicrousness level of Batman: Kingdom Come. The look is pure 90s action figure garbage of the worst kind.

If they really use it, my R Grampa manip & the Injustice suit are going to start looking pretty damn amazing in comparison. And though I don't really dig it, I'd start praying right now for a change to the Lee Bermejo suit. Hell, I'd prefer Affleck literally wear Daredevil's costume as Batman than the Batman: Kingdom Come armor.

Kingdom_Come_Batman.jpg

If WB thought the Batfleck casting experienced a backlash, just wait until they show off 'Fleck in a dumb suit of armor. Even the most die hard Nolan haters are going to be watching the trilogy on repeat for months.

...And if Kevin Smith saw that and said that everyone will be on board with it, he should be hunted down and locked away forever in the basement of a mega church and preached to every day by a psychotic right-winger for the rest of his life.

I can only hope with all my might that they don't give us the steaming pile that would be a Kingdom Come outfit, even tempered with a Batman Beyond touch (that suit is cool as hell, but it's literally not Batman).
The KC suit is cool and worked for that story. That being said, I don't think that is the right way to go. It does look very RoboCop.

And the Batman Beyond suit IS Batman. Just not Bruce's Batman.

Or maybe just not "your" Batman. But that doesn't make it any less Batman.
The campy, bright colour Batman is as much the character as is the Dark, Brooding loner version.

Last edited:
Well I usually don't listen to anything Jett says because he's a pompous blowhard but in reality a lot of the rumors he posts turn out to be real, well the ones for TDK and TDKR did at least.

I'm not too familiar with him and that site. Why does he have such a bad reputation?

Kingdom_Come_Batman.jpg

Don't worry, Jett is not a reliable source in the least. It's all just speculation on his part. Smith's comments make me very certain we won't be getting a bulky armored suit, and since he actually saw the thing I'll side with his statement over Jett's.

Well I usually don't listen to anything Jett says because he's a pompous blowhard but in reality a lot of the rumors he posts turn out to be real, well the ones for TDK and TDKR did at least.

What has he said that turned out to be true?

I hardly ever go to his site and the only thing I ever remember reading from it is Hammer being Batman in JLM. I also don't like the format of his site.

Yeah I highly doubt we will see the character in something like that.

Here are Jett's rumors for TDK and TDKR (these were posted by a different user from a different site, not me)

"Jett from Batman of Film said that Justin Timberlake & Ryan Phillipe were the two final contenders for Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight and we all know how that turned out.

Jett said the final two contenders for the Joker were Lachy Hulme & Paul Bettany and when it came out Heath Ledger was cast, he went off on one saying questioning why Nolan cast the guy from Brokeback Mountain as the Joker.

Jett was so sure that Black Mask and Hugo Strange would be the villains for The Dark Knight Rises and when it was Tom Hardy was cast as Bane, he made out as if he always knew Tom Hardy was going to be Bane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back