The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know what...considering how sentimental he seems to have gotten about leaving Batman behind, doing a commentary track on all 3 films might be a good way for him to revisit the whole experience and get a bit introspective about it all.

You know what, my mind is slowly changing now that i hear this. I usually dont go for the commentary thing with movies, but maybe Nolans can be quite informative. Hopefully he sits down with Goyer and Jonah.

Hearing those three talk about the movies would be incredible. Not just for the informative half about story and production but as well their opinions on the journey from the years of making these. I think hearing them speak on it all would probably make me cry from the journey I've been through with these movies personally.

In the Best buy ad for this week..
37bU6.jpg

Says you get to watch 35 minutes of the documentary early.. Which would make me think its longer than the previous runtime stated on here.

If Nolan does a commentary on the Ultimate Edition I will give WB all the money they demand.

I know referencing Jett is kind of a taboo here, but nonetheless I found this interesting...

From his TDKR Blu-ray review: "The only thing missing is a “Director’s Commentary” – you know how Mr. Nolan is, right? HOWEVER…

A little birdie told me we may be getting such a thing next year for all 3 films of the Trilogy."

Gill?

If this comes to pass, they have to author new discs, which means we could, could, could, could, possibly, possibly get new transfers for Begins and Knight.

If this comes to pass, they have to author new discs, which means we could, could, could, could, possibly, possibly get new transfers for Begins and Knight.

Oh man...this all needs to happen.

37bU6.jpg

Says you get to watch 35 minutes of the documentary early.. Which would make me think its longer than the previous runtime stated on here.

So I went and preordered it from best buy, they never had anyone preorder a bluray so that took about 15 minutes, was like $15.10 down, on my receipt there was the code to go on the cinema now app on iPad or ps3, been watching it on my ps3, halfway thru. If a fan of this series you'll want to watch it.

So I went and preordered it from best buy, they never had anyone preorder a bluray so that took about 15 minutes, was like $15.10 down, on my receipt there was the code to go on the cinema now app on iPad or ps3, been watching it on my ps3, halfway thru. If a fan of this series you'll want to watch it.

Is there no other way to watch it besides iPad or PS3? Regular streaming/Xbox?

Hearing those three talk about the movies would be incredible. Not just for the informative half about story and production but as well their opinions on the journey from the years of making these. I think hearing them speak on it all would probably make me cry from the journey I've been through with these movies personally.

Damn, and I thought I loved these movies :oldrazz:

Is there no other way to watch it besides iPad or PS3? Regular streaming/Xbox?

You can go to cinemanow.com and click check devices, tells you what all you can watch it on, I just don't have a CPU so those were best options for me. It's got a couple small things you'll remember from batman begins and dark knight special features, like the not really a deleted scene, but unused angle of Heath in the bus, just a close up on him with all the hospital exploding behind him without him looking back. But then it had about 13 minutes of stuff on the dark knight rises. The 35 minute preview covered all three films, not quite sure how extended it will be. And it did ask for a credit card when I set up the cinemanow account, I used a prepaid one with $2 on it, they just want one on file so if you buy or rent any movies off it. Like 9 days til Official u.s. release date, got the steelbook, and then the limited broken cowl preordered, will also be getting targets digibook, they just don't have a presell on it in local stores haha

37bU6.jpg

Is it only available for the steelbook or the purchase of the Broken Cowl?

If not, I'm just going to wait to pick it up at Walmart at midnight.

Has anybody heard of any midnight sales events going on at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc? For The Dark Knight Best Buy did midnight release events at a lot of stores across the country and they had special prizes and gave away swag to customers. My brother & I got some t-shirts, posters and buttons. I was really hoping they would do the same for TDKR but doesn't seem like it.

I think it's only with the Best Buy Steel Book.

I honestly couldn't tell you, not sure best buy could either. I would think though since its a best buy exclusive that any version you buy from them would include it. It was like 15.10, rung up as dark knight presell then it also said 15.10 dark knight reborn, but the final price was under $16, most new movies are $19.99 new with steelbook so I don't know if I paid it off or will have to pay a few more bucks. Either way got two versions preordered, still waiting for this Sunday to check all the ads and see if there's any other last minute versions.

I ordered this last night to sit next to the broken cowl lol, should get it the 4th and the broken cowl the 5th haha
W5r2H.jpg

Its the 27th here in Australia and we are already selling it in shops. Just got my broken cowl edition bluray. It just comes with the bluray and bluray special features disc. The Imax scenes are so sharp and clean. And its already on pay tv.

Its the 27th here in Australia and we are already selling it in shops. Just got my broken cowl edition bluray. It just comes with the bluray and bluray special features disc. The Imax scenes are so sharp and clean. And its already on pay tv.

I noticed that recently.

Congrats on receiving the final installment to the Dark Knight Trilogy!

Thanx mate. The audio is really thumping. The non imax scenes sometimes look abit dark and over saturated. Im not complaining, thats just how they look. The signs everywhere all say the 28th here but we are already selling it. Over here when the dark knight played on free to air tv they advertised heath ledger first then bale second. Aussies really love ledgers joker. Fyi my mate watched tdkr and said he was lost because he hadnt watched batman begins. He didnt know who ra's was.

Thanx mate. The audio is really thumping. The non imax scenes sometimes look abit dark and over saturated. Im not complaining, thats just how they look. The signs everywhere all say the 28th here but we are already selling it. Over here when the dark knight played on free to air tv they advertised heath ledger first then bale second. Aussies really love ledgers joker. Fyi my mate watched tdkr and said he was lost because he hadnt watched batman begins. He didnt know who ra's was.

lol, yeah, with TDKR you really had to have seen BB first. It was pretty much a prerequisite before watching the film.

Thats one reason why Im not sure my dad should watch tdkr because he also hasnt seen bb and I dont like it when people go what or who, when or how during a movie. Who's ra's or why is batman getting chased by cops. I will tell him if he asks but you know what i mean. I bet you that my dad asks how the f does bane know bruce is batman.

Thats one reason why Im not sure my dad should watch tdkr because he also hasnt seen bb and I dont like it when people go what or who, when or how during a movie. Who's ra's or why is batman getting chased by cops. I will tell him if he asks but you know what i mean. I bet you that my dad asks how the f does bane know bruce is batman.

Have him sit through BB first. Has he seen TDK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"