The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, so the broken cowl edition of the movie won't be sold in stores?

Im confused, I thought they would have them in stores. Is there any official confirmation for this?

No official confirmation... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Luckily I already ordered it from the US Amazon earlier in the month.

No I a asked the guy who is one of the local managers at best buy he said the reason os that is they made limited quantities so it won't be sold on stores at best buy but you could check at Wal-Mart . And I hope they do get sold on stores. It ain't advertised in the best buy ad for this Sunday either

Being there's only 35,000 broken cowls in the world, I would think stores might not get any at all besides the ones that were preordered on their websites. If they do you figure it can't be but one or two, with some stores not getting them at all. I for one probably won't ever open this, which is why I'm getting the target digibook, (confirmed its one book and changes from that batman to bane cover), then I bought the steelbooks of batman begins and dark knight last night since I have the dark knight rises steelbook preordered. Also the broken cowl is already being resold in presell on ebay, try to snag a cheap version, some people are already listing there's to be sold for over $100, but last I checked there were some around $50.

I also should get the batpod dark knight limited edition bluray today in the mail, does anyone know how limited it was? I do remember seeing it in Walmart stores but think there were far more than 35,000 made of it.

Yes you should get the dark knight bad pod exclusive . It's pretty nice to go with the collection. Mine is still in box

How much is the broken cowl version going for?

Matt-BBY (Administrator) 9:13 AM
Hello jaydschl33,

The Batcowl edition was made in only limited quantiies and won't be available in Best Buy stores, although you may be able to find it on BestBuy.com here com once it is released.

That is what the guy told me. And online it is going for 42.99

Its nowhere near worth $50-$100, I would pay at the most $40 other than that no thanks.

whew havent posted in a while...

Hey youse guys: is there a doc on the making /staging of the wall street war between the cops and banes army? Just wondering since i was an extra in the scene and was lucky/unlucky enough to BARELY be in a shot in the film lol

This is may be another chance for me lol

Its getting down to the wire and I still cant decide if I want to hold out til next yea'rs ultimate edition :(

Well I was hoping to buy a broken cowl set at the store... If I can't then I'll just buy the steel book. :hmm

Being there's only 35,000 broken cowls in the world, I would think stores might not get any at all besides the ones that were preordered on their websites. If they do you figure it can't be but one or two, with some stores not getting them at all. I for one probably won't ever open this, which is why I'm getting the target digibook, (confirmed its one book and changes from that batman to bane cover), then I bought the steelbooks of batman begins and dark knight last night since I have the dark knight rises steelbook preordered. Also the broken cowl is already being resold in presell on ebay, try to snag a cheap version, some people are already listing there's to be sold for over $100, but last I checked there were some around $50.

I also should get the batpod dark knight limited edition bluray today in the mail, does anyone know how limited it was? I do remember seeing it in Walmart stores but think there were far more than 35,000 made of it.

Walmart.com has the batpod pretty cheep

Allready out here in Portugal and the Broken Cowl edition is everywhere. No signs of selling out anytime soon...

Bought the normal bluray and will buy the complete ultimate edition in a year. Hope they expand the second screen app to the other two films by that time.

Very cool looking

Begins dvd edition (at least here) had a similar effect (between a bunch of bats , and batman in the middle of them)

Yeah same in The Dark Knight.

The Trilogy Menu

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah I got the dark knight bat pod edition today from FedEx, bought it new from Walmart, the top right packaging is damaged though which made me email them saying I bought it to stay in the box so was dissapointed and to please have my broken cowl dark knight rises handled better than they did the dark knight. Still will be cool to have them sitting next to one another. I just would like to know how many thousands were made of the bat pod, sure it's not as limited as the broken cowl.

Walmart in store only let's you preorder the trilogies, and best buy in store only let's you preorder the steelbook, they have no idea about the broken cowl and neither does target or Walmart so I REALLY doubt they will sell them in stores. I'm sure once they've been released everywhere though that whoever wants one can find a reasonably priced one on eBay or amazon.

Anything wrong with this collection? Seems many of you aren't picking it up.

51nBaHHD0YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Because there's going to be a ultimate trilogy edition with new extras/material next year.

Well I was hoping to buy a broken cowl set at the store... If I can't then I'll just buy the steel book. :hmm

Will the steelbook be available in store at best buy? I'm debating of ordering right now instead because I'm not sure if it will be available in store.

Will the steelbook be available in store at best buy? I'm debating of ordering right now instead because I'm not sure if it will be available in store.

Yes it's like $16 to preorder it and you get a code to watch 30 min of the reborn documentary now before you get the film. Took me like 15 min because my best buy had never preordered a movie before but we found this one laminate thing for her to ring up haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"