The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

How is Cicada more of a threat than any other villain that has gone before? Even if last year was boring at times, at least Devoe was still far more of a formidable enemy. He could out think anything they had planned. And Zoom, Reverse Flash and Savitar seemed like really unbeatable enemies. Savitar knew exactly how Barry would think because he was him and even knew what he would do in each situation because he already lived through it.

They keep saying times are desperate here in this season, but they don't really seem all that much in danger like before. And just because Cicada can neutralise meta humans' powers, that shouldn't stop Team Flash. They still have Caitlin. And then there's anyone else who isn't a meta who should be able to beat him like Oliver, Kara, Martian Manhunter, Braniac 5, or even Guardian, Dreamer, Wild Dog or Diggle.

So SPOILER FOR SEASON 1 AND 2

I guess.

So, I've been forced to watch (very) intermittently and with pretty much zero sound the first two seasons of Flash at work. Here are some points I wanna just share:

First season was quite "baddie of the week" kind of thing. I guess?

Jail break Bois are now hot and cold bros. They disappear soon.

Mark Hamill!! I guess he is the Trickster? cool.

Whats the deal with the lab and the police? Do the cops just let them lock bad guys in their fancy glass cells? One dude just made some sonic gloves: fancy jail for you!!
In the latter episodes they just put any rando in there, including roudy teammates. Like, do the bad guys from season one are still in there? who feeds them and checks on them?

I want more Gorilla Grodd and Shark dude. The special effects where the best kind of good/bad.

Several evil speedsters, alternate earths and time travel. Which is par for the course with flash I guess.

Flash can catch bullets midair, yet still gets sucker punched by non speedsters. wat.

They take forever to catch that zoom guy, but the finale was cool. He is eaten by naked dementors or something? What was that about?

The scientist woman is pretty.

Last edited:
Well, at least now we're getting a Cicada who is an actual threat. So, better late then never...

Just noticed that episode 18 is titled “Godspeed”. Could it be that August makes it onto the show?

They keep saying times are desperate here in this season, but they don't really seem all that much in danger like before. And just because Cicada can neutralise meta humans' powers, that shouldn't stop Team Flash. They still have Caitlin. And then there's anyone else who isn't a meta who should be able to beat him like Oliver, Kara, Martian Manhunter, Braniac 5, or even Guardian, Dreamer, Wild Dog or Diggle.
This is simply a case of the writers not thinking this through.

Just passed season 3:

Sudenly all the superheroes appear, and then everyone else also became a superhero?

There was an army of Gorillas, which was fantastic.

Then it became soap-opery bunch of drama and crying that I couldn't knew about, cause of the noise.

Flash and Supergirl sing "super-friend" to each other at one point, which was adorable.

Just passed season 3:

Sudenly all the superheroes appear, and then everyone else also became a superhero?

There was an army of Gorillas, which was fantastic.

Then it became soap-opery bunch of drama and crying that I couldn't knew about, cause of the noise.

Flash and Supergirl sing "super-friend" to each other at one point, which was adorable.
Did you watch the crossover episodes from the other shows?

I guess that's what it was, Supergirl and Arrow guy were there.

I guess that's what it was, Supergirl and Arrow guy were there.
I meant the corresponding episodes of Supergirl, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow that go along with that episode. The Flash episode was the first of a 4-episode arc with the other shows.

Season 4 toughts:

No much seems to be going on. This season is quite soap opery. There is a court room episode, and an evil professor with ambiguous powers who thinks technology is the bad.

Elongated man is there. Being cool, but not Plastic Man cool.

My random fact I just learned today is that Cecile actress Danielle Nicolet has voiced Marvel characters in 4 different projects.

She has voiced
  • Storm in Marvel Anime: X-Men
  • Storm & Black Widow in Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
  • Storm & Captain Marvel in Marvel Heroes
  • Storm, Maria Hill, Gamora & Captain Marvel in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Oh man, they put on Arrow instead of flash on the work TV these days HELP!

Everything is dark.
Green Arrow is killing people
Racoon eyes.

I jabbed at flash, but is quite much more enjoyable than this!!!

That blonde oracle girl is kinda cute tho.

So, I've been forced to watch (very) intermittently and with pretty much zero sound the first two seasons of Flash at work.

Whaaaa? Elaborate a little about your job please!

SPOILER ALERT

Just watched 5x19 and boi is it a dussy.

First it was that cringe worthy exchange between Barry and Iris. Them pulling out this manufactured drama between these 2 is just laughable.

Then there the team turning on Sherloque for being the only person in the room who's got any sense left. I mean how do you get mad at someone for informing you of a secret that affects everyone.

Oh but there's more. The creme de la creme of total just stupidity is the whole popsicle man thing. He is just dumb and we don't need him.
There's a lot to unpack so I'll start by asking the burning questions; what is up with him putting the flash on ice? Barry as taken full shots from killer frost and was fine. So how does a glansing blow from popsicle man put in on deaths door? Also how the hell did he get hit by that slow ass shot in the first place? What happened to flash time? Why didn't he just beat posicle with his real speed. The show keeps drastically slowing Barry down which is just lame because we kno he should be fast enough to save Joe, and put popsicle in cuffs before the blast hits the wall. The there was the flash saving Caitlins mom. I thought that the flash had to do the run around thing to pull lightning but all of as sudden he can pull it while stationary which lead me to my next question; Why doesn't the flash just shot lighting at his enemies seeing as he can do it while standing still.

When popsicle broke the handle of the machine, why didn't killer frost just walk up to it and make an ice handle to turn of the machine? I mean he don't brake the control panel, he just pulled of the handle which would leave a metal nub that if u can pull it, the machine would turn off

Do they really expect us to give a damn about the popsicle guy? His fight with Caitlin was stupid at best; oh I'm the bad guy but all of a sudden the good half can use will power to overcome the bad half because of love even tho I've beat up Caitlin before and ntn happened. So now his a good guy which I still dont care about. Then out of the blue comes Cecada who just puts flash in a corner, was about to body Caitlin but was fouled by the new good guy who takes her knife to the back and dies. Here's the brake down
1). How did Cecada actually find them? If she can some how track them then they have a big problem, the type of problem u stay late to solve, not let it wait till the next day.
2). Why does it seem like everyone can just son the flash now. He's taken worse hits and stayed awake; so why does he now got to sleep every time he gets hit.
3). Why didn't Killer Frost make new ice daggers? She can do it at will so why did she try to go fisticuffs with Cecada?
4). Great the Father who was a bad guy litarally 2 mins ago gets killed... Why should I care? Caitlin didn't seem to actually care either. The acting in that scene just look like crap. The emotions just felt fake and strange.
5). Flash finally wakes up to ad his bad acting to the scene. The scene didn't kno what it wanted to be so they just panned to all the ppl in the room and prayed.
6). Elongated man becoming some type of impromptu moral arbiter. The **** out a here with that ****. Almost as bad as Iris becoming the leader of team flash.

That my thoughts. Sorry for any incoherent this and scattered points; it's late and I'm eye lids feel like lead

Last edited:
I don't have time to go through all of these threads..But isn't Nora being in the current timeline a major disruption in the time like a Flashpoint or at least the point that Time Wraiths would get involved in?

I don't have time to go through all of these threads..But isn't Nora being in the current timeline a major disruption in the time like a Flashpoint or at least the point that Time Wraiths would get involved in?
The time wraith should be involved, and her being around should be a disruption, but the writing team has obviously neglected to touch on that.

The time wraith should be involved, and her being around should be a disruption, but the writing team has obviously neglected to touch on that.

So its not just me. Still trying to figure out how Reverse Flash is still around in the future and why does he still look like Wells? LOL

So its not just me. Still trying to figure out how Reverse Flash is still around in the future and why does he still look like Wells? LOL
The time wraith should be after Barry continually - ever since Flashpoint. He's in an entirely different timeline to the one we started out with. That said, and I guess I'm thinking for myself here, but the time wraith are from the speed force, and Thawne doesn't use the speed force - he uses the negative speed force, so maybe he's impervious to speed force rules?

As for why he looks like Wells, the obvious reason is cause Tom is around, whilst Matt (Letcher) is off on another show. There's probably scheduling conflicts, and it's probably just easier and cheaper to keep Tom as Thawne. Might be easier for some of the audience to digest too. As per the in-universe explanation, unless I'm mistaken, this is the same Thawne that Barry foolishly let go at the end of Crisis on Earth X, and Thanwe used Wells' face to taunt Barry. I guess he just didn't see the need to change, and was captured with it (though it does make one wonder why the police force in the future didn't simply revert him back to his true self).

As for how he's still around, he said something in one of the previous episodes that he's worked out how to exist in different timelines whilst recalling all of their events, so I guess he's somehow immune to what would have otherwise killed/erased him.

It's too early in the summer for me to be missing this show as much as I do, but here I am. :oops:

Your not alone lol. I’m missing all the Arrowverse shows and Black Lighting. Can’t wait till Comic-Con.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"