The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Truly hoping the game is made similarly to F13th where every incarnation of Michael is available. From the original Shape right on down to thick neck Myers from H5 & goofy buck eyed Michael from H20. I want 'em all. :D

Truly hoping the game is made similarly to F13th where every incarnation of Michael is available. From the original Shape right on down to thick neck Myers from H5 & goofy buck eyed Michael from H20. I want 'em all. :D
Agreed but instead of the type of online multiplayer game that F13 was, I would want this one to have Michael as the only playable character as you go on a rampage through Haddonfield.

Agreed but instead of the type of online multiplayer game that F13 was, I would want this one to have Michael as the only playable character as you go on a rampage through Haddonfield.

Yes, this need to be a single player game -- or at least have a single player mode with a story. Really hope it's not the same as the recent TCM/F13 games.

I would imagine a story mode where you could alternate between playing as Michael and his victim.

Yes, this need to be a single player game -- or at least have a single player mode with a story. Really hope it's not the same as the recent TCM/F13 games.

I would imagine a story mode where you could alternate between playing as Michael and his victim.
Not only that but the group of teens as playable characters makes more sense in a Friday the 13th game. The only other alternative in a Halloween game is playing as Laurie, which could be intriguing on its own switching between the two characters.

I'd be down for that. Would be great if it had both a single player and multiplayer mode so you can switch at your discretion. But I'd definitely say the one thing a lot of horror games based on franchises have been missing is a story centric mode that truly embodies the spirit of the films they're based upon.

I do love the multiplayer aspect, though, as it has allowed for me to meet and interact with tons of cool people, so it's something I won't ever be totally against.

I'd love it to be kind of like Alien Isolation, where you would have to hide from Michael and try to escape.

I’m not seeing that being reported anywhere else…?

Was hoping A24 would win but we'll see what Miramax does with the franchise.

I'm sad that Nightmare on Elm Street is just collecting dust and seemingly retired (i know for fairly good reason but i still want more)

Was hoping A24 would win but we'll see what Miramax does with the franchise.

I'm sad that Nightmare on Elm Street is just collecting dust and seemingly retired (i know for fairly good reason but i still want more)
This equally bums me out, but part of me thinks NOES will have trouble competing with Vecna in the current landscape. Watching Season 4 of Stranger Things had me thinking I didn't need more NOES.

Any time I read the term 'cinematic universe' now, I have to stop myself from cringing. How can you make a cinematic universe out of this franchise? The only thing I can think of is maybe going towards the anthology format, but I don't think they would take that route. Especially the 'over film and TV' comment which confuses me more.

Awesome news. Like I said I am always down for more Halloween. And I am very curious to see the direction they go with all of this now. Excited to hear more.

I am pumped. I really hope that rumored Season of the witch based TV series happens.
That would absolutely be what they should do but I have a hard time believing they outbid everyone for the rights for plans that don't involve Michael Myers.

That would absolutely be what they should do but I have a hard time believing they outbid everyone for the rights for plans that don't involve Michael Myers.

Well yeah of course they're going to use Michael. But keep him for the movies.

This equally bums me out, but part of me thinks NOES will have trouble competing with Vecna in the current landscape. Watching Season 4 of Stranger Things had me thinking I didn't need more NOES.
Stranger Things might be big, but Vecna’s cultural footprint comes nowhere near Freddy’s.

Vecna...

w=480

The last trilogy has me in a perpetual state of "meh" with regards to Michael Myers. I'd be interested in anthology films though.

Good to know what the future of the franchise is, although Miramax sounds like a boring choice I'm hopeful of what will come of this.

A24 would've been interesting. Their movies have a distinct flavour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"