The Multiversers: Hypertime

rigel7soldiers said:
That attitude. That face, that hair. That bolt on the outfit. Don knew.

"Wally. Just.. real quick. Got any kids?"

Don never knew his father. Now, he saw his chance. It wasn't Wallace West, Kid Flash. But it may be the closest thind Don will ever find. He would have to make do.

Wally looked back at the gun toting cowboy.

"I did. The Martians took everything I had. Linda, and the twins. They don't care a damn about us. It's about time we cared a damn about ourselves."

Bruce pressed a button on the wall and a huge flame enveloped them all. But it was nothing but a hologram, meant to keep away nosy MArtians. They then descended into a huge underground bunker.

Our titanic taskmaster of tax exemption follows the black clad warrior into the bunker.

"Nice place. Although, it smells vaguely of dead. So, what're we gonna do with these Martian guys?"

"They will burn."

As they entered into the bunker, Hector Hall greeted them, already decked out in his Silver Scarab gear, holding his helmet. His once handsome face was old and showed the scars of battle. He was a man that had seen everybody he had ever loved, killed.

In his time, he had caused the massacre of multiple groups of Martians, thanks to the Nth metal that clothed his body. Together with a spare suit, it was the only suit he had. He slept with a solar flare under his bed, if he slept at all, and he was ready to kill on sight.

"Still picking up strays Wally?"

"They will burn."

Kara turned at the mans voice. An unaudible gasp came to her lips. Querl? No it was a man in a Silver outfit.
She caught her breath. Why was this happening? Why these...flashbacks?

"Still picking up strays Wally?"

Kara tilted her head up, proudly. There was nothing she wanted to do more than tell them they were here to save the most powerful man on earth.
However such information should be kept close until she was sure it was safe. If the Martians knew...Expecially Jonn. She knew what he was capable in her universe. There was no telling what he could do if he was evil.

"We are anything but 'strays'. She said inspected the man.

"Hector Hall?" She asked incredulous.

"That's the one." Hector Hall replied as he turned towards Supergirl, and immediately energy started glowing around his right hand. "Mind telling me how you knew that?" he said as he raised his hand towards Kara.

"And you better hope I like the answer."

"That's the one." He said turning towards her, energy glowing around his right hand.
"Mind telling me how you knew that?" He raised his hand towards her.

Kara rasied her eyebrow, a motion she realized she'd been uing a lot recently. Whatever that implied.

"And you better hope I like the answer."

Kara felt like rushing at him snd stopping just in front of him. Too close to be shot my his little magical cuff links. But she held back. Not knowing where the impetuous juvinile feeling was coming from.

She stood facing him.

"We're not from here. However where I am from there is a Hector Hall. I'd recognize him anywhere. Even if it wasn't him."

She smiled to break the ice and calm down the fires.

"These are my companions." She motioned to them allowing introductions.

She turned towards Bruce Wayne.
"Is there somewhere we could talk with you and your seconds. Privately?"

"Lyta?" Hector whispered as he looked over to Supergirl again. For now, he dropped his fist and looked over to Bruce and then to Kara's 'companions'.

They looked ridicilous.

OOC: Sorry about that. Planned silver, but for some reason I came with orange. I'll be editing my post, so if its not too much, Twy? Messed up there. Silver suits a lot better.

twylight said:
"These are my companions." She motioned to them allowing introductions.

She turned towards Bruce Wayne.
"Is there somewhere we could talk with you and your seconds. Privately?"

"Of course."

Bruce led the four newcomers into a side room and closed the door after Hector Hall and Wally West and a new green man with fangs followed.

"What did you need?"

Don spoke after w while. It was still sinking in. Those bastards killed them. Killed him. Don had a counterpart on this world, and he was dead. Dead. He will burn them all himself if he has to, they will pay for this infraction. They'll all pay."Quickly. Tell me where to find these Martians. And get me some damn matches. I'm going, and there ain't nobody gonna stop me. Tell me, NOW."

"Hold it, sparky. You can't just go rushing off without a battle plan. That'd be CRAZY! And I'M supposed to be the crazy one here."

The Question said:
"Hold it, sparky. You can't just go rushing off without a battle plan. That'd be CRAZY! And I'M supposed to be the crazy one here."

"The Don from here is dead. They killed him. Killed me. I will not take this lying down. Why aren't you doing this? The big one already said that funny guy from here was dead... They killed my sister, and my mother (not mine, really, but as good as mine). What would you do?"

"The other version of me died. Well, sucks to be him, I guess. They didn't kill me. Just someone who looks, acts, and sounds exactly like me. Am I pissed? Hell yeah! Killing people all willy nilly aint cool. But I'm not going to do something stupid over it. Life's tought. Grab a helmet."

"For once, I agree with the clown", spoke Savitar. The Lord of Motion had been hanging back for the past minute, going over scenarios and plans about what to do if things with this "resistance" group turn sour. If things did take a turn for the worse, they'd need to work together to escape, and that meant no one going on a solo mission. He had seen the look in the cowboy's eyes. It was a look Savitar once saw in the eyes of his greatest enemy before he killed him. The look of vengeance.

"You going off to take on the Martians by yourself is foolish. We still have no idea just what it is we are dealing with."

Savitar was about to say something, but he hesitated for a split second...

"Don."

"Thank you. I had forgotten his name."

"Don't mention it. And don't let him go off on some suicide mission."

"Do not worry, I will not let him throw his life away."

Savitar walked up to the cowboy, "Don...I see the look in your eye. I have seen it before. Revenge will not solve anything. It merely clouds the mind and makes one act rash. If it's Martian blood you are after, I would not worry. I believe we will have more than our fill of it before our mission on this world is done. Besides...if things turn dire here, we will need someone with your skills at our side."

"Don't tell me waht to do, and we'll get along a lot better, alright? I don't need anybody watchin' over me, I can take care of myself. I'm not a baby, dammit. I'll be seventeen in the summer. I'll stand down. But it's 'case I want to, not because you said."

Don was rebellious. He has been for a while. He's been on his own for years, he never had to rely on anybody but himself... This will be a lesson in teamwork. In trust. In controlling his emotions. It'll be harder than anything he'll ever do.

"Ok, here are my lieutenants:"

Wally West stands forward.

"Wally West is what I like to call a superspeedster. Nothing much there, since the Martians are also superfast, albeit slightly slower."

"A lot slower."

"Yeah. Ok."

Silver Scarab stands forward.

"Hector Hall, aka Silver Scarab, has his Nth metal armor. he can fly and fire solar energy. Don't mess with him. The solar energy give us an edge over the Martians. They're weak against fire."

The young man with green skin and fangs stands forward.

"This is Gar Logan, resident shapeshifter. He can shift into any animal his heart desires: dragons, elephants, even Martians. A good comrade to have on our side.

Any questions? Now, your turn."

Our high priced lawer of lubrication....

Okay, that one was kind of gross.

Anyway....

...steped in front of his comrads and struck a pose before the rebels.

"I am.....THE JESTER!!!! Comical king of crime busting! Laughable lord of the law! Delightful defender of decency! I don't gots no powers, but I'm funny. And I make a mean chili."

"Of course." Batman answer her request and lead them into a room. Hector Hall, Wally West and a green man with fangs joined them.
Kara studied the last man closely.

Gar?

"What did you need?" He asked.

Kara started to speak when Don broke in.

"Quickly. Tell me where to find these Martians. And get me some damn matches. I'm going, and there ain't nobody gonna stop me. Tell me, NOW."

Seems like he sent us with someone a little trigger happy. And who’s never met a Martian.
Memories of white Martians ran through her mind.

Kara stepped forward to voice her opinion to him and try to calm him down.
However the room began to flash. The people in it changing from adults she recognized to teens she had no names for.
It wasn’t a flash back. The room stayed steady however the people and background shifted. The figures changed almost like a strobe light. Voices garbled and mixed together causing her ears to ring. She grasped her stomach and gasped. She felt like she was being torn apart inside. It felt like it was only seconds.
However the next thing she heard was Bruce’s voice.

"Ok, here are my lieutenants:" He motioned towards Wally West.

"Wally West is what I like to call a superspeedster. Nothing much there, since the Martians are also superfast, albeit slightly slower."

"A lot slower." The speedster interjected.

Bruce ignored him and continued.
"Hector Hall, aka Silver Scarab, is a high level magik user. Don't mess with him. The magiks give us an edge over the Martians."

Kara looked around the room. It was normal, or seemed to be. She doubted anyone noticed her lapse, but it felt like she was literally standing between two worlds.
They were in the middle of introductions but she seemed to know what had been spoken of.

Finally he motioned towards the green man.
"This is Gar Logan, resident shapeshifter. He can shift into any animal his heart desires: dragons, elephants, even Martians. A good comrade to have on our side.

Kara smiled at Gar, though his look was substantially different from the Gar she knew, it was comforting to know that she knew this person closely in her universe. This universe didn’t seem that different from her own. Still the fact that things were so foreign kept her off balance.

Any questions? Now, your turn." he asked.

Kara allowed the clown introduce himself. Deciding to hold back her own introduction and an explanation of why they were there.

Savitar stepped forward, straightened his posture, and spoke, "My name is Savitar, Master of All Things Speed and Lord of Motion."
He did not want to be rude, but he also didn't want to reveal too much to these people as he did not yet fully trust them.

"Nice, Savy...really humble."

"Come now, my friend...you would at least allow me some posturing?"

"Yeah, I got no problem with it. Just don't let it go to your head. Don't want to have any relapses now do we?

"Do not worry, my friend. My past is behind me. I am no longer the monster I once was."

"Don't worry, Savitar. I stopped doubting you as a hero many years ago. Despite what happened in the past...I'm glad that we've been able to put aside everything and work together."

"As am I, my friend. As am I."

"Do I have to? 'Cause I'd really rather not."

a beat.

"Fine, dammit. If it really means that much to you, my name is Don West. And Don ain't short for nuthin', 's just Don. I've been called 'the Fastest Gun in the West,' and I'm sixteen. Folks got anything t' drink 'round here?"

rigel7soldiers said:
"Do I have to? 'Cause I'd really rather not."

a beat.

"Fine, dammit. If it really means that much to you, my name is Don West. And Don ain't short for nuthin', 's just Don. I've been called 'the Fastest Gun in the West,' and I'm sixteen. Folks got anything t' drink 'round here?"

"We don't exactly have ambrosia from the gods..."

"The gods don't love us here on Earth."

"I could turn into a cow and someone could milk me."

"What about you, lady?"

Kara floated in the air. As of yet she hadn't let her feet touch the ground, she'd just been floating an inch above it.
She left herself down, landing on the ground and remained still as tall as most of the men.

"I'm Superwoman, cousin of Superman." She said flatly. This Universe didn't seem to have anything to compare her too since Superman had not yet reach earth. She hesitated taking this into account before continuing.

"I'm the last daughter of the world Krypton."

She paused before continuing.
"We," Kara motioned to her companions. "are here to make sure that the counterpart to my universe's Superman arrives on your universes Earth and falls into the right hands.
He will arrive as a child and must not be taken by the Martians."

twylight said:
Kara floated in the air. As of yet she hadn't let her feet touch the ground, she'd just been floating an inch above it.
She left herself down, landing on the ground and remained still as tall as most of the men.

"I'm Superwoman, cousin of Superman." She said flatly. This Universe didn't seem to have anything to compare her too since Superman had not yet reach earth. She hesitated taking this into account before continuing.

"I'm the last daughter of the world Krypton."

She paused before continuing.
"We," Kara motioned to her companions. "are here to make sure that the counterpart to my universe's Superman arrives on your universes Earth and falls into the right hands.
He will arrive as a child and must not be taken by the Martians."

"Hm. Well, now that we;ve told them about that... Wally, could you come over here for a second? We need to talk."

Kara held up her hand and turned to Don.

"I know Superman and I don't exist where you're from.
However one of my powers is super-hearing. Be assured that if you plan anything that could jeopardize our mission I will hear it."
She said levelly

rigel7soldiers said:
"Hm. Well, now that we;ve told them about that... Wally, could you come over here for a second? We need to talk."

"Yes, of course. What do you need?"

Suddenly, they were out in Antarctica so they couold talk privately.

twylight said:
Kara held up her hand and turned to Don.

"I know Superman and I don't exist where you're from.
However one of my powers is super-hearing. Be assured that if you plan anything that could jeopardize our mission I will hear it."
She said levelly

Suddenly Wally and Don were gone. Superspeed. What a power.

"Superman? This being, is he like you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"