The Multiversers RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Discussion in 'RPG Archives' started by BnKRPG, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

So...one more evil bastard, huh?...yep, one more is all we need.

2. Watchman Adios, Cowboy

Multiversers Application:

Character You Would Like To Play (list codename along with real name if applicable):
    Dr. Randall Dowling

Powers (be as specific as you can/If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed):
    Dowling is a highly intelligent individual. He also has the power to stretch his mind which allows his mind to colonize other minds in a hundred feet radius. The full implications of this power is still unknown. He allows has access to highly advance technology and artifacts from across the universe.

Character Type (Chosen, Agent, or MRC and, if they are a MRC, are they a Hero or Villain):
    Agent

Universe History (give a brief description of the comic universe your character hails from/If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed):
    Dowling comes from the Wildstorm Universe. These universe is populated with various groups such as the Authority, Wild Cats, and Planetary. There is a multiverse that is connected through something known as the Bleed. The Wildstorm universe is similar to ours but the key difference is that technology is beyond what we currently have.

Character History (give as detailed a rundown on your character's history and origin as possible/If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed):
    Dowling was a member of a group of astronauts which consisted with three others: Kim Süskind, William Leather, Jacob Greene. The group would become to be known as The Four. The Four were part of a secretive program created by the United States government to put a man on the moon in 1961, although Dowling had other intentions. Dowling had contacted a planet that was full of superhumans possessing great technology. Dowling bargained with them stating that the Wildstorm universe was becoming increasingly powerful and would soon become a threat. He made a trade for technology that would turn the Four into superhumans he would put down any threat that would let humanity advance and defend themselves. The Four were also allowed to try travel the multiverse where they plundered and destroyed many different worlds.

Personality (give a detailed description of your character's personality):
    He is very similar to Reed Richards but he is strip of his humanity or morality. He is the evil Reed Richards. The guy built something called Science City Zero which was a concentration camp for political dissidents whom he experimented on.

Speech Color and Font (actually say what color and font you are going to use, don't just say "like this". It makes it a lot easier to add you to the roster this way): Book Antiqua Dark Blue

What can you bring to this game:
    The last agent of chaos. One that create horrible machines and monsters to destroy the chosen.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype! Boards:
    [​IMG]

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 medium-sized paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue in the style you plan on playing your character in):

A whole entire multiverse was for his taking. Dr. Dowling sat next to an operating table in his spaceship that traveled the Bleed. On the operating was something from god knows where. All that Dowling knew right now that those screams must be because he is in pain. The various machines kept on working cutting up the creature, putting him back together, rinse and repeat. Dowling got up from his chair and got closer to the creature.

"Can you hear me? No, I think the question is: Can you understand me?" Dowling pressed a few buttons. "There that should help. You must be very confused right now. One second you were living in some sort of hut and then you were in a very dark room. Ever heard the saying kid in a candy store. No, probably not. Well the universe...the multiverse is my candy store. I can take what I want, who I want, when I want."

The machines continue to work and screams still came from the creature. This bored Dowling who pressed another button that lit the creature on fire. He exited the room where the halls illuminated red from the Bleed. He continued down the hall until he stopped at one unmarked steel door.

"DNA Scan and voice conformation." the door said.

"Dr. Randall Dowling." A small needle stuck out piercing Dowling.

"Welcome back Doctor Dowling."

He walked through the room where there was a small sense of getting dizzy and then it was white. The room was full of rows and rows of different weapons and artifacts.

"Ah Mjolnir I think I'll use you today." He took out a small cube and sucked the hammer into it. He did these to various other weapons. "We never know when will run into our friend Snow."

3. Catman_prb Sad Clown

Well that's just good timing.

4. Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

Ask, and ye shall recieve. Approved :up:

5. Harlekin Business

Awesome. That means we can get the first mission under way.

6. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

You can always count on Watchman to pick up a villain if you lack any. :up:

Guess I'll have to sit the first mission out since its full. Maybe next. I'm just trying to think of a very unique, original, concept and idea for a universe for the character I'm considering.

7. Saved SynTheMerc

I don't have the time for this RPG right now, but I will definently be hanging around for when I do.

8. Green Lantern Brightest Day

Play an MRC Trusty...

9. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

Oh, I thought MRC was one of the options only for Chosen; didn't know you could have more than the heroes that are The Chosen. Since I saw the Chosen was full, I thought that got rid of the chance of playing any hero character, including MRC.

I simply misread. :O

10. Saved SynTheMerc

hey, wait a minute. Am I able to play someone from a TV show?

11. Green Lantern Brightest Day

No, the Chosen and Agents go from mission to mission. MRC's are the inhabitants of the universe the current mission is in.

12. Green Lantern Brightest Day

If the TV show had a comic.

13. Saved SynTheMerc

Damn. :(

14. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

So the Chosen are final for the entire season? Agents I can understand, cause they are the threat.

15. Saved SynTheMerc

EDIT: Nevermind.

16. Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

The Chosen are final until they choose to retire and are sent back to their world or are killed. Same with the Agents

17. Johnny Blaze Freethinker

Yeppers, MRCs change with each mission. So people playing them will end up playing a different character each and every go around. :up:

18. Batman Dramatic Example

Get on MSN. :cmad:

19. Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

Well then, JBizzle. Let's get this ****ing show on the road.

20. Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

Quit pestering the boy. He'll do it when he wants to :cmad:

21. Johnny Blaze Freethinker

****ing A right. :cmad: :up:

22. Batman Dramatic Example

Mission 1: Infestation Nation

Universe Specs: In a world where superheroes and supervillains once roamed free, a zombie plague ransacked society. Now, it is inhabitited only by the few living... and the massive population of undead. This is the world of The Marvel Zombies.

The Chosen's Mission: Protect King T'Challa, one of the last survivors, at all costs as he devises a way to permanently destroy the zombie menace.

The Agents' Mission: Destroy any and all remaining survivors, to allow for the zombie populance to turn the world into a place of undead warground.

For more information, go to the mission module.

Good luck to all.

23. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

So for MRCs, we can choose anyone from Marvel that is a hero? Or are we also going to be zombies? Or is there a list to choose from?

24. Batman Dramatic Example

EDIT: Dammit, it doesn't.

I'll look for a list of alive/undead.

25. Catman_prb Sad Clown

Oh hell yeah, thats a scenario.