The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob gave up a potential presidential run for this deal. He has to see it through to the end. Maybe Disney and Comcast will make a deal to avoid an All-out bidding war? This is the best course of action right now
Unlikely. Roberts and Iger don't see eye-to-eye at all(they hate each other). Iger wants Sky and likely wouldn't be open to giving it to Roberts.

I hope Comcast's stock plummets as soon as they make their bid.

I want to see Comcast crippled by debt and mismanagement. Maybe it will be the next company on the auction block in a few years.

FOXA:
40.54 USD +0.41 (1.02%)
Closed: Jun 12, 5:02 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 42.64 +2.10 (5.18%)

FOX:
40.39 USD +0.47 (1.18%)
Closed: Jun 12, 5:01 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 42.13 +1.74 (4.31%)

DIS:
104.33 USD ?0.030 (0.029%)
Closed: Jun 12, 5:00 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 103.00 ?1.33 (1.27%)

CMCSA:
32.38 USD +0.38 (1.19%)
After hours 31.30 ?1.08 (3.34%)

Clear sign the market expects a bid war for 21CF.

This means that when Disney beats Comcast, they’ll saill through the regulatory process. We should be done by this time next year.

FOXA:
40.54 USD +0.41 (1.02%)
After hours 42.64 +2.10 (5.18%)

FOX:
40.39 USD +0.47 (1.18%)
Closed: Jun 12, 5:01 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 42.13 +1.74 (4.31%)

DIS:
104.33 USD ?0.030 (0.029%)
Closed: Jun 12, 5:00 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 103.00 ?1.33 (1.27%)

CMCSA:
32.38 USD +0.38 (1.19%)
After hours 31.30 ?1.08 (3.34%)

Clear sign the market expects a bid war for 21CF.
It will be interesting to see how Iger responds to the bid once it is made. Disney went into this transaction knowing it might have to compete once a deal was struck.

It will be interesting to see how Iger responds to the bid once it is made. Disney went into this transaction knowing it might have to compete once a deal was struck.

The next few steps will be interesting to follow.

Bid from CMCSA tomorrow
21CF adjourn the shareholder voting
DIS response

Comcast has failed before when they put up a hostile bid for(ironically) Disney in 2004 and got rejected by the Disney shareholders and they might fail again should all the stars align in the right place IMO.

Last edited:
N0qt8eD.gif

I expect to hear more about the Mouse's response soon after Comcast makes their bid.

What are the chances Disney slipped in the FF rights into the break-up fee?

Hope the DOJ makes it clear to Comcast that they're going to challenge their deal with Fox

I want to see Comcast crippled by debt and mismanagement. Maybe it will be the next company on the auction block in a few years.

And then Disney buys the bits they wanted at bargain basement prices. :woot:

Hope the DOJ makes it clear to Comcast that they're going to challenge their deal with Fox
Me wonders if Fox shareholders are still somewhat wary of a potential deal with Comcast. Sure, Time Warner ultimately gained approval but look how much pushback from the DOJ it received on its path to getting approved. Me thinks some Fox shareholders might think twice about going with Comcast as they would likely not want to go through with the same troubles for approval that AT&T faced especially since the Fox/Disney deal has already entered months of regulatory review and the government has yet to sue to block the Disney deal like it has with the AT&T/Time Warner merger. So far so good as far as the Disney deal is concerned.

Granted, we don’t know what Comcast will do to asssauge regulatory concerns with a potential merger with Fox(should they abandon Disney in favor of them). I suspect they will likely be willing to pay a break-up fee(one of the reasons Murdoch didn’t go with Comcast in the first place was because of Kablestwons’s unwillingness to pay a break-up fee) as well as provide some premiums & provisions to minimize trust issues.

Disney the ball is in your court. Will you be able to pull off a last-minute slam dunk and beat Comcast in order to get the Fox deal done successfully or will you let the ball miss the hoop and lose to Comcast when they inevitably bid for the Fox assets?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"