The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are over thinking the screenplay stuff. Comicbooks are basically already storyboards; just go to the Marvel archives, pick up a few F4 issues that cover the parts you need, make copies, and start glueing copies of the panels onto a large piece of cardboard. There's almost 60 years of FF stories to tell, so most of the writing is already done. I may be oversimplifying, but not by much. They could have a rough outline in an hour, and a finished screenplay in under a week.

You're way oversimplifying. I've written screenplays. There is a lot more work to it than that. You need to identify what your story is, what characters you're using, what their role in the story is, outline the story itself, work through writer's block, etc. It's not just a matter of use comic XYZ and make movie.

I would. The only payment I'd need is knowing we'd finally get a good FF film.

I would also. But Marvel won't hire guys like us, LOL! They will want someone with a reputation or one of their writers they already like.

Comcast unlikely to raise fox bid early next week: CNBC's Faber
Have a link?

Hopefully Roberts has realized the futility. Also, with Disney promising the DOJ to spin off certain assets, maybe he realized he can pick up certain pieces at a lower price rather than bet the farm.

Comcast unlikely to raise fox bid early next week: CNBC's Faber

Does that mean they could raise their bid late next week or the week after when they've had more time to regroup?

Oh, most definitely it can! Watch his 90s cartoon. It is genius.
I’ve seen bits and pieces here and there and one thing that struck me is that there is an earth-based episode where Galactus makes his first attempt to devour earth and there’s no Fantastic Four to be seen!

That was very jarring. I guess they didn’t want retread territory already covered in the 90’s cartoon but I remember feeling baffled by the omission of the First Family.

Last edited:
Iceman, was that just a comment made by Faber on the air? If there's any truth to it, it's HUGE. I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Iceman, was that just a comment made by Faber on the air? If there's any truth to it, it's HUGE. I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Well how huge is it really, if he could still make a bid later on and just not early next week?

I thought Brian Roberts was determined to see this through to victory as he would not accept defeat.

Only thing I can find is a tweet by DG Capital quoting him. On a follow up reply also said they may take 1 week or longer to respond.

I thought Brian Roberts was determined to see this through to victory as he would not accept defeat.
Me thinks Roberts really wants Sky more than anything else and while he’s still very determined to get Fox if Comcast can at least get Sky than that will be more than enough.

Only thing I can find is a tweet by DG Capital quoting him. On a follow up reply also said they may take 1 week or longer to respond.

That's how I read it. Not that Roberts is unlikely to make any kind of bid, but that he's unlikely to respond early next week. But he could still respond later on - eg by the end of next week or in the following week.

That's why that earlier statement is just delaying things and not necessarily giving us good news that it's over for Comcast.

Me thinks Roberts really wants Sky more than anything else and while he’s still very determined to get Fox if Comcast can at least get Sky than that will be more than enough.

But he could only get Sky now if he bought from Disney, or by beating Disney outright. They can't split the assets because isn't there a contract stipulation that prevents Disney from doing that now? And I thought Disney do want Sky, so why would they then sell to Comcast afterwards once they acquire it?

That's how I read it. Not that Roberts is unlikely to make any kind of bid, but that he's unlikely to respond early next week. But he could still respond later on - eg by the end of next week or in the following week.

That's why that earlier statement is just delaying things and not necessarily giving us good news that it's over for Comcast.
They could very well come back with another bid, but the longer they wait, the more pressure it will put on Comcast. If Disney is set to receive anti-trust approval in the coming weeks, then that is a feather in Disney's cap. Depending on where they stand with regulatory approval in international markets, the time table for Disney closing a deal is far closer than what Comcast can argue.

But he could only get Sky now if he bought from Disney, or by beating Disney outright. They can't split the assets because isn't there a contract stipulation that prevents Disney from doing that now? And I thought Disney do want Sky, so why would they then sell to Comcast afterwards once they acquire it?
If Comcast wins the outstanding 61% then they are effectively split anyway. If Comcast wants 100% they'll have to make a separate deal for Disney's 31% after each transaction closes.

The first video has been fixed! Very informative vids. I highly recommend everywhere here watches them.

Interesting.

I do wonder if Comcast bid up Fox to leave that 61% stake in Sky open for them to outbid any other parties, including Disney.

I guess Roberts might see that as a big win after all? Gets Disney to pay near $20 billion more for Fox, and takes them out as a contender for the rest of Sky too. Maybe.

Well how huge is it really, if he could still make a bid later on and just not early next week?

As I've mentioned before, I think, if Comcast wants to stay in this thing, they need to bid big and bid soon (or at the very least say they intend to offer a new bid soon).

Every day that goes by without a new bid from them just establishes Disney more and more as the buyer. Disney's position already gives them an advantage and that advantage grows the more the process progresses.

Interesting.

I do wonder if Comcast bid up Fox to leave that 61% stake in Sky open for them to outbid any other parties, including Disney.

I guess Roberts might see that as a big win after all? Gets Disney to pay near $20 billion more for Fox, and takes them out as a contender for the rest of Sky too. Maybe.
That is probably exactly what they did. Granted there are still bits of Fox that Comcast wants, and maybe they will float some offers to Disney later on after the dust clears from these deals.

Have a link?

Hopefully Roberts has realized the futility. Also, with Disney promising the DOJ to spin off certain assets, maybe he realized he can pick up certain pieces at a lower price rather than bet the farm.

Does that mean they could raise their bid late next week or the week after when they've had more time to regroup?

Wait, what? Are there any more details on this!?

Sorry guys missed these till just now. I'm at work and have had the World Cup on all day. These are newsflashes from Bloomberg.

Comcast Unlikely to Raise Fox Bid Early Next Week: CNBC's Faber
By*Joshua Fineman
(Bloomberg) --*Comcast may not feel as much as pressure to raise 21st Century Fox bid at this point, revised bid unlikely to come early next week, may be a week or more, CNBC’s*David Faber*said, citing people familiar.

Interesting.

As I said before Comcast is a winner in this regardless.

20B = DL Chongqing, New Delhi, Texas, and a big share of DL Tokyo
20B = major expansion of Hulu, ESPN+, disney streaming overseas and content

My buddy who works at the IT department in DL California told me some layoffs are already happening there, presumably because of this.

Sorry guys missed these till just now. I'm at work and have had the World Cup on all day. These are newsflashes from Bloomberg.

Comcast Unlikely to Raise Fox Bid Early Next Week: CNBC's Faber
By*Joshua Fineman
(Bloomberg) --*Comcast may not feel as much as pressure to raise 21st Century Fox bid at this point, revised bid unlikely to come early next week, may be a week or more, CNBC’s*David Faber*said, citing people familiar.

So I did read it right. It won't be early next week but that doesn't mean not at all. It simply means they will probably bid later once they've regrouped.

So that's not exactly news to rejoice over. It just means a longer waiting period of uncertainty until we know what happens next.

As I said before Comcast is a winner in this regardless.

20B = DL Chongqing, New Delhi, Texas, and a big share of DL Tokyo
20B = major expansion of Hulu, ESPN+, disney streaming overseas and content

My buddy who works at the IT department in DL California told me some layoffs are already happening there, presumably because of this.
This is very true. The fact that the July 10th date for shareholders to vote on the Disney deal got postponed indefinitely should actually have Comcast pleased. In fact, I’d argue that’s why they’re not in any rush to put out another bid because even though shareholders accepted Disney’s new bid, they’re still open to seeing what Comcast comes up next so in a way Comcast accomplished what they wanted to do which is put the pressure on Disney.

Edit: Yes, I know Disney will take a personal hit from a bidding war with Kabletown as well which also part of the Comcast plan.

So I did read it right. It won't be early next week but that doesn't mean not at all. It simply means they will probably bid later once they've regrouped.

So that's not exactly news to rejoice over. It just means a longer waiting period of uncertainty until we know what happens next.

But step back and think about it. If Comcast is really willing to go to $85 billion, what are they waiting for? I think this hesitation, at a critical time in which, if the DOJ grants approval before Comcast bids again, Comcast will be at a huge disadvantage, is telll us something. Comcast is blinking. They may not be out of it yet, but for some currently unknown reason, they’re hesitating. I think it’s very likely there is disagreement among the board regarding if they really do want to make another offer and/or they could be having trouble gathering the resources they need ( I wouldn’t lend them money at this point without charging a rate high enough to cover the risk ).

We heard rumors that they might offer a $41 per share bid. I don’t think that’s enough, and the comcast board probably realizes that as well. That bid may have been their next planned step, but now that they realize it’s not enough, they may not have the will or ability to go higher.

I just think that if they were still all in, they would, at the very least, let the world know a new bid was coming.

I think it’s also quite possible that Comcast is currently discussing with Disney the possibility of getting Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"