The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tin foil hat time!

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, and it's probably a bit of a reach, but did anyone notice in AMATW (just saw it yesterday) that
Hope uses the name Susan during the meeting with Burch?
If the start date of production was after the first Iger/Murdoch meeting, I could see Marvel alluding to things to come. Or maybe the meeting happened into production start and this was a rewrite.

Huh...
what does the name Susan mean?

I just hope the Quantum Realm has nothing to do with the creation of mutants

Tin foil hat time!

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, and it's probably a bit of a reach, but did anyone notice in AMATW (just saw it yesterday) that
Hope uses the name Susan during the meeting with Burch?
If the start date of production was after the first Iger/Murdoch meeting, I could see Marvel alluding to things to come. Or maybe the meeting happened into production start and this was a rewrite.

Oh boy that is a reach. That name is a fairly common female name, especially in the 60's. Unless Sue Storm existed in the 60's as part of the FF and Hope's name choice for her alias was in homage to a famous female superhero that she idolized growing up then I simply chalk up that to be nothing more than a mere coincidence. Of course, Reed(the director, not the leader of the FF) is a fan of FF & likely choose the name as a homage to the character other than don't read too much to it.

I just hope the Quantum Realm has nothing to do with the creation of mutants

I would think they already set up mutants in the MCU with the creation of Quicksilver and Wanda. I expect a very different origin for mutants whenever they cross that bridge.

I would think they already set up mutants in the MCU with the creation of Quicksilver and Wanda. I expect a very different origin for mutants whenever they cross that bridge.
Via Infinity Stones? I don't have a huge problem with that. Infinity stone radiation activating the X-gene. At least it has some basis in the comics with the Celestials. I do, however, have a problem with the Quantum theory because it fundamentally changes the entire concept of a mutant.

And no thanks to the Ultimate origin for mutants

I definitely think that after the events of A4 and Thanos being defeated, the universe won’t return to the complete normal state that it was in before infinity war. They’ll bring everyone who got dusted back, but it will come at a price. The mutant gene will either be teased, or the world that the avengers bring back might just have had the mutant gene since the beginning.

I’d probably go for the latter, it would make a pretty good twist.

I definitely think that after the events of A4 and Thanos being defeated, the universe won’t return to the complete normal state that it was in before infinity war. They’ll bring everyone who got dusted back, but it will come at a price. The mutant gene will either be teased, or the world that the avengers bring back might just have had the mutant gene since the beginning.

I’d probably go for the latter, it would make a pretty good twist.

If Wanda already had that gene then many others may already have it. Those that didnt survive the Hydra experiments simply didnt. There had to already be something special bout her and the brother. If the stones come into play again they may unlock others down the road.

Whatever happens Mutants still should've always have existed in the MCU though in much smaller numbers then in the post-Avengers 4 status quo.

Whatever happens Mutants still should've always have existed in the MCU though in much smaller numbers then in the post-Avengers 4 status quo.
This. Imagine the Avengers coming back to Earth to see a news report of teenagers popping up with strange abilities and mass protests

I completely forgot about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being mutants. That could be the key to bringing mutants in the MCU someway.

I still don't see why post-snap can't bring about mutants. Could've been a side effect to reversing what was done with the Infinity Stones.

These films are bigger than one director, and casting should be bigger than one director.

How many different people have directed Chris Evans as Cap, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, RDJ as Tony Stark etc?

Directors come and go, but the characters are around for a long time. What if the FF director is only around for one film? Why does he or she get to decide who plays these characters for the next 15 years? What if that director wants Miles Teller to play Reed?

If the director has already been selected, by all means, let them have their say, but don’t hold back on introducing characters if the director isn’t known yet.

Anybody interested in directing an MCU film better be ready and able to direct characters they didn’t cast, because they’ll be expected to do that.

Preach my brotha. Amen :D

I completely forgot about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being mutants. That could be the key to bringing mutants in the MCU someway.

I still don't see why post-snap can't bring about mutants. Could've been a side effect to reversing what was done with the Infinity Stones.

Seems like a reasonable way to bring mutants into the MCU.

Oh boy that is a reach. That name is a fairly common female name, especially in the 60's. Unless Sue Storm existed in the 60's as part of the FF and Hope's name choice for her alias was in homage to a famous female superhero that she idolized growing up then I simply chalk up that to be nothing more than a mere coincidence. Of course, Reed(the director, not the leader of the FF) is a fan of FF & likely choose the name as a homage to the character other than don't read too much to it.

Yeah, it's probably nothing. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yeah, it's probably nothing. Just thought I'd mention it.

In a very short time, we won't have to reach.:woot:

I'm betting in some form, somehow, real, unambiguous, concrete references to the FF and X-Men characters will start showing up in the 2019 films.

In a few months, there will be no prohibition from mentioning Latveria, Mutants, Reed Richards etc.

It's no longer a question of 'if' but rather 'how' and 'how soon'.

I just hope the[blackout] Quantum Realm[/blackout] has nothing to do with the creation [blackout] of mutants[/blackout]

Not that I'm championing for this to be the case, but wondering why you're so opposed to the idea?

In the comics, the idea was floated around that the[blackout] X-gene mutation came about because of man's venture into atomic energy research and the exposure to such radiation (which is where the "Children of the Atom" term came into play). Then that was later expanded to the Celestials having messed around with primordial man's genetics, so that added another factor.
Taking that into account, is it really such a sin to switch from "atomic energy" to quantum energy, in order to give a more updated take on that basic idea from the comics? Especially since the way the quantum realm works opens the door to having the changes simultaneously happen in the present as well as the distant past.[/blackout]

Not that I'm championing for this to be the case, but wondering why you're so opposed to the idea?

In the comics, the idea was floated around that the[blackout] X-gene mutation came about because of man's venture into atomic energy research and the exposure to such radiation (which is where the "Children of the Atom" term came into play). Then that was later expanded to the Celestials having messed around with primordial man's genetics, so that added another factor.
Taking that into account, is it really such a sin to switch from "atomic energy" to quantum energy, in order to give a more updated take on that basic idea from the comics? Especially since the way the quantum realm works opens the door to having the changes simultaneously happen in the present as well as the distant past.[/blackout]
Yes it is because Quantum energy has nothing to do with the X-gene. It's such a forced connection. The Celestials are the ones responsible for the X-gene and they are directly connected to the Infinity Stones so it makes wayy more sense to have the stones be a trigger than the QR. It's just an idea i heavily dislike for the mutants. It no longer makes them natural in the sense, they are like ANY other superhero team if they come from the Quantum realm.

It's just as bad as the "Mankind created mutants" idea from UXM

If that did somehow happen though, would the Marvel and DC universes be merged in the comics too?

That's an interesting scenario, but the power scaling is so different, Avengers are pretty much a Teen Titans level group and X-Men shift between being stronger than the Justice League and weaker than Doom Patrol per issue.

It would be a bit weird to think Ant-Man is indirectly or otherwise responsible for the creation of mutants.

Gotta admit I prefer the ancient tampering by Celestials created the potential for the X-Gene.

Middle ground would be both I guess. The X-Gene is already in MCU humans and the Celestials are responsible for that, it's manifested more or less secretly in a few like Apocalypse, Logan etc, over the millennia (and Struckers experiments awoke it in the twins) and something from Avengers 4, potentially Quantum energy, is released to awaken it more abundantly across the world.

Yes it is because Quantum energy has nothing to do with the [blackout] X-gene. It's such a forced connection. The Celestials are the ones responsible for the X-gene [/blackout] and they are directly connected to the Infinity Stones so it makes wayy more sense to have the stones be a trigger than the QR. It's just an idea i heavily dislike for the mutants. It no longer makes them natural in the sense, they are like ANY other superhero team if they come from the Quantum realm.

It's just as bad as the "Mankind created mutants" idea from UXM

Using quantum radiation to replace atomic radiation does not necessary mean it eliminates the[blackout] Celestial's involvement. Just like in the comics both factors contributed, in the MCU you can say the gene existed because of Celestial's meddling, but it was activated or triggered by the introduction of quantum radiation. I don't think it's forced at all. In fact, i think it's a perfect fit to the dilemma of having to incorporate this x-gene as a pre-existing thing that somehow hadn't been relevant until now. Quantum radiation can be a contributing factor anywhere in the timestream, whereas atomic radiation can't be said to have affected individuals in the distant past[/blackout] .
This doesn't even invalidate the theory of the Maximoffs being [blackout] mutants that were triggered by the infinity stones[/blackout] energy. All it means is that in their case, the[blackout] x-gene was activated by the mind-stone's radiation while for the general mutant population it would be this other exotic radiation.[/blackout]

Why not just let it be the radiation released into the atmosphere from the Infinity Stones? Why does the Quantum realm have to be involved at all?

Ok im going to stop worrying about spoilers because you guys are just discussing it out in the open lol

Why not just let it be the radiation released into the atmosphere from the Infinity Stones? Why does the Quantum realm have to be involved at all?

Because of it's ability to affect people at any point during history.
It opens the door, easily, to having characters like Apocalypse and Selene, be organically introduced into this universe without having to do a total reboot, or coming up with a vague explanation that might be unsatisfactory for some folks, like "it just didn't come up".

It would be a bit weird to think Ant-Man is indirectly or otherwise responsible for the creation of mutants.
It is not necessary to have Ant-Man be responsible. He was there and he was picking up the particles that Janet said cause mutation/evolution, but those particles were there before Scott entered the realm and the temporal vortexes were also pre-existing. There could be other triggers that could cause the radiatation/particles to enter the vortexes and spread throughout the timestream, like for example, whatever event takes place that undoes the Thanos snap.

Gotta admit I prefer the ancient tampering by Celestials created the potential for the X-Gene.

Middle ground would be both I guess. The X-Gene is already in MCU humans and the Celestials are responsible for that, it's manifested more or less secretly in a few like Apocalypse, Logan etc, over the millennia (and Struckers experiments awoke it in the twins) and something from Avengers 4, potentially Quantum energy, is released to awaken it more abundantly across the world.
We're thinking the same thing. See my previous post, that's blacked out.

Using quantum radiation to replace atomic radiation does not necessary mean it eliminates the[blackout] Celestial's involvement. Just like in the comics both factors contributed, in the MCU you can say the gene existed because of Celestial's meddling, but it was activated or triggered by the introduction of quantum radiation. I don't think it's forced at all. In fact, i think it's a perfect fit to the dilemma of having to incorporate this x-gene as a pre-existing thing that somehow hadn't been relevant until now. Quantum radiation can be a contributing factor anywhere in the timestream, whereas atomic radiation can't be said to have affected individuals in the distant past[/blackout] .
This doesn't even invalidate the theory of the Maximoffs being [blackout] mutants that were triggered by the infinity stones[/blackout] energy. All it means is that in their case, the[blackout] x-gene was activated by the mind-stone's radiation while for the general mutant population it would be this other exotic radiation.[/blackout]
If the Celestials created the X-gene, they can easily say that only a couple of mutants manifested their powers and the Thanos event (which is much more appropriate for a phenomenon as big as Mutants) triggers the gene at an accelerated rate. Zero need for any Quantum whatever.

Just because
Janet came out with some weird abilities doesn't mean all mutants have to come out the same way. It would very underwhelming for AM and a microscopic universe to be responsible for the creation of homo superiors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"