The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

8zr9oQV.gif
Will be interesting to see how close 2019 can get.

Will be interesting to see how close 2019 can get.

2019 should be pretty solid. 2020 and beyond could be more questionable. They've got plenty of potential sequels plus cool new characters, but the bar keeps going higher and higher. At some point it seems inevitable that they won't be able to keep it going.

... my fear is right around the time they make FF, they'll forget everything they know about making Marvel films.:o

... but once Fox is absorbed, that will be 2 or 3 fewer Fox/Marvel films, and that should help them - either by allowing them to make more films themselves, or, if they choose to keep supply low, that should increase the audience hunger for Marvel films.

... my fear is right around the time they make FF, they'll forget everything they know about making Marvel films.:o
I remember you saying the FF has so far proven to be a “cursed property” and while I don’t fully agree with that sentiment it’s no secret that the FF has had bad luck when it comes to the big screen but I think if the FF is indeed a ‘cursed’ property then I think Marvel will be the one to break that curse and finally release a film worthy of the First Family.

And I can’t see Marvel having their first miss with the Four. They’ve been batting a thousand recently and they’ve been proven able to make you shed a tear for something as absurd as a walking tree dying. They’ve made a freakin’ talking Raccoon work on screen. If they could make that work then surely Marvel Studios can finally make the Four work on screen.

And Marvel losing their filmmaking skills when they get FF? Well it’s possible. It’s possible Feige leaves Marvel before he gets to do a Fantastic Four or X-Men film but Fiege himself has said he’s more engaged to be with Marvel than ever before and Marvel has maintain quality for over a decade with no signs of slowing down.

I have a feeling they’re only getting started.

Marvel posted this:

It would be so cool to have Galactus as the next "Thanos-level threat" in the MCU.
It's also great that Marvel isn't completely ignoring the Fantastic Four anymore. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

I remember you saying the FF has so far proven to be a “cursed property” and while I don’t fully agree with that sentiment it’s no secret that the FF has had bad luck when it comes to the big screen but I think if the FF is indeed a ‘cursed’ property then I think Marvel will be the one to break that curse and finally release a film worthy of the First Family.

And I can’t see Marvel having their first miss with the Four. They’ve been batting a thousand recently and they’ve been proven able to make you shed a tear for something as absurd as a walking tree dying. They’ve made a freakin’ talking Raccoon work on screen. If they could make that work then surely Marvel Studios can finally make the Four work on screen.

And Marvel losing their filmmaking skills when they get FF? Well it’s possible. It’s possible Feige leaves Marvel before he gets to do a Fantastic Four or X-Men film but Fiege himself has said he’s more engaged to be with Marvel than ever before and Marvel has maintain quality for over a decade with no signs of slowing down.

I have a feeling they’re only getting started.

My rational side says: "They'll put everything into the FF, use all the things they've learned over the years, and knock it out of the park."

… but after all the disappointment, I can't get rid of the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it's just never going to happen.

Marvel posted this:

It would be so cool to have Galactus as the next "Thanos-level threat" in the MCU.
It's also great that Marvel isn't completely ignoring the Fantastic Four anymore. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

:up: :up: :up:

It certainly makes sense to use Galactus as a huge something we can spend the next several years building toward. In fact I wonder if the idea that Marvel wouldn't have traditional "phases" anymore was because they didn't have a Thanos-like character to use in a huge story arc. I'm wondering if Galactus could give them the character they need to do a big story again.

Last edited:
My worry about about this one is MARVEL uses the Fantastic Four casting & goes woke if the MCU enters a woke phase after Captain MARVEL & Avengers 4. Sure we all have waited for this but this might be bad timing in the grand scheme of things. The MCU pulling a Homecoming or FOX with the 4 & Doom will make me not interested int

Last edited by a moderator:
None of that looks too inhuman for makeup. Not even a bit. It's barely different from the orcs in LOTR. And it wasn't like LOTR unlocked some secret makeup formula, there is no reason why you can't have practical makeup just as good 17 years later.

And the black order was solid, Maw was pretty darn good, but I never believed he was there like the orcs in LOTR. Because he wasn't.

Marvel definitely made the right call on this one.
Maw completely fooled me, I thought he was practical.

My worry about about this one is MARVEL uses the Fantastic Four casting & goes woke if the MCU enters a woke phase after Captain MARVEL & Avengers 4. Sure we all have waited for this but this might be bad timing in the grand scheme of things. The MCU pulling a Homecoming or FOX with the 4 & Doom will make me not interested int

I'm british, first time i heard the term woke was last night. Prefer to leave it alone and just let story tellers tell stories. If they want it to have a political message, 1984, animal farm etc... fine. But lets just be honest.

Could you translate this post, please? Because I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Could you translate this post, please? Because I have no idea what you're trying to say.
I'm guessing he means diversity. A black, white, latino or asian but I maybe wrong.

Only heard the term woke yesterday. Wish i didn't.

I'm guessing he means diversity. A black, white, latino or asian but I maybe wrong.

Well, Trank already tried that but not because he was "woke".

What does that mean? Who cares if the F4 is more diverse? None of them are defined by being white. Naomie Harris is my top choice for Sue Storm because she can play all the aspects of Storm and she’s a great actress. I don’t give a damn that she’s black. That’s great for black girls to see on the big screen. That’s more important than your purist ass.

What does that mean? Who cares if the F4 is more diverse? None of them are defined by being white. Naomie Harris is my top choice for Sue Storm because she can play all the aspects of Storm and she’s a great actress. I don’t give a damn that she’s black. That’s great for black girls to see on the big screen. That’s more important than your purist ass.

Apart from all the comic books and cartoons and stuff you are quite right.

I agree. My only thing is that the Storm siblings should be full siblings. I'd also want whoever they pick to dye their hair blond. That's it.

One problem with open casting for Sue is that she should be presented as a biological sibling to Johnny. So you need to be equally open with his casting, otherwise you could have a Trank style mess. And end up with adopted siblings who appear to have been introduced to each other earlier that day.

I understand that Marvel may be flexible in their casting, not for wokeness or SJW activism but in order to attract as many eyeballs as possible to the MCU reboot. But if they are going to include a non-caucasian actor on the team I would prefer it be Reed or Ben than either of the Storm siblings.

I understand that Marvel may be flexible in their casting, not for wokeness or SJW activism but in order to attract as many eyeballs as possible to the MCU reboot. But if they are going to include a non-caucasian actor on the team I would prefer it be Reed or Ben than either of the Storm siblings.

FOX tried that & it did not work

MARVEL has to choose THE FANS or the General Audience here

Its that simple

The X-Men should be where Marvel focuses all of their wokeness and political messages. That's what the X-Men franchise Is all about. The F4 don't need to be political and I would prefer all of the main characters be cast a according to the comics

FOX tried that & it did not work

MARVEL has to choose THE FANS or the General Audience here

Its that simple

FantFourStic had many issues. Casting Jordan as Johnny was not the problem.

After 20 film's of staying mostly on point casting actors for the main roles who do fit the visuals of the comics it would a bit of a downer for me if Marvel changed that very successful tact with the Fantastic Four.

FantFourStic had many issues. Casting Jordan as Johnny was not the problem.

For me it was when they didnt change Sue & they tried having their cake & eat it too

They tried

Time for the MCU to be the most accurate take including in casting of the Main 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"