The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 10, 2018.

1. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

They should race bend Ducktor Doom. They should make him a Platypus.

2. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Yes, Banshee too. Any character who has a defined cultural and ethnic background that is integral to their character shouldn't be changed. That includes Sean if he ever shows up in the MCU. He's a peer of Xavier

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Ducktor Doom should get top billing.

The Infernal likes this.
  4. batdude

batdude Well-Known Member

The thing is,the original version had the Black Panther and Wyatt Wingfoot. and I really think that the new and old versions of Nick Fury can coexist. I don't think it's wrong for the Stan and Jack's original version to still be important.

5. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

The sexual orientation of actors should not be something that the studio concerns itself with when making casting decisions. The actor' suitability for the role and acting ability are all that matter.

Lilbaz likes this.
  6. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Well-Known Member

Also how does Kit know there hasn't been any gay actors in the mcu? Some people like to keep their private life private.

7. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

I was going to mention that. Tessa Thompson, for one, is bi and currently in a relationship with Janelle Monae. There may be others, but do we need to know?

Another matter is the relative lack of LGBTQ actors on Game of Thrones. Harrington definitely avoided criticizing his employers, who were the first he should have questioned.

Frankly, I'm more interested in seeing LGBTQ characters in the MCU. So far the franchise has shied away from including heroes of diverse orientations, which really needs to change. I hope that Feige will follow through on his promise to be more inclusive in the future.

(To be clear, I don't think that all queer characters must be played by queer actors, any more than straight characters require straight actors. That is a shortsighted perspective that would lead to fewer acting gigs for LGBTQ actors in the long run.)

8. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Well-Known Member

I don't think who you have sex or fall in love with should be any business of your employer and shouldn't be taken into account when getting a job. Unless you are doing something illegal.
    Just pick the best actors for the role.

9. Crimz

Crimz Well-Known Member

The time is going by faster than I thought. Hopefully the Fantastic Four and X-Men will be back home soon.

10. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

Henry Cavill for either MCU Doom, MCU Cyclops or MCU Reed Richards.

I can picture him the most as Scott Summers though.

11. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

If they go for a veteran version of Cyclops, that is also my preference. He'd be perfect for that. Obviously, if they go younger he won't work.

12. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

I originally thought I wanted a veteran Scott (and Jean, and Hank, etc). But someone on another thread mentioned "Harry Pottering" the X-Men reboot - casting a group of talented pre-teens and showing their trials and tribulations inside and outside of Xavier's school as they grow into adulthood. And I thought that was a very interesting way to reboot the series.

13. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I agree on him being Cyclops, I think he would be good.

14. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Cavill as Cyclops would be interesting. Though I wonder if the Netflix Witcher series takes off in 2020 the prospect of doing more of that would bring up potential scheduling problems for any film project.

15. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

16. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

Welp, unless this thing crashes due to awful reviews we can say goodbye to Spidey in the MCU.

17. GoblinScrier

GoblinScrier Well-Known Member

At least until October 19 when Halloween comes out...its getting pretty awesome reviews and with that being the perfect movie of the month, it deserves to slaughter (pun intended) the competition

18. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

I’m very curious when the first reviews come out if this tracking gets lowered or not. Even if Venom does well on its opening weekend that doesn’t mean they’re automatically out the woods just yet. Let’s see how reviews/word-of-mouth of Venom fair before we press the panic button.

Though I wonder if Sony will actually embargo the reviews until only a day or two before the film comes out like Fox did with Fan4stic. For myself, I just can’t see Venom having a leggy box office run. I think all indications are pointing to the movie having a decent box office opening before plummeting significantly in its subsequent weekends(i.e, BvS). Domestically I think the movie will underpreform but internationally...that’s what I’m worried about.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  19. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I've seen some people speculate that if Sony can build something with the side characters, they might be willing to let Marvel continue to use Spidey.

I'm not sold on that idea, and I think the best thing would be for Sony to completely fail and stop screwing around with things.

The thing that kind of annoys me at this point is this could be a really crappy movie and still do well. These projections are prior to any reviews, so it's purely the character selling tickets.

Sony could do just well enough to continue making cheap, lousy movies and make a mess of things for many years.:csad:

20. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

Really can’t see a world where Sony has a successful cinematic universe independent of the MCU.

Good luck trying to make solo Silver Sable, Kraven the Hunter, Morbius, and Jackpot films work on screen, Sony. You’re gonna need it.

Not sure why you guys are worried now. It’s still early tracking that is subject to change. Now that the Comcast has been defeated by the Mouse in the bidding war now you guys have turned your worries to Sony and Spider-Man and frankly I think it’s a much less dire situation than Comcast trying to nab Fox from Disney. IMO, I see nothing to worry about when it comes to Sony really and I’m much more calm about Sony than I ever was about Comcast. I guess it’s due to the fact Venom doesn’t look very good and even if it does great business on its opening weekend it still doesn’t change the fact that what makes-or-breaks a movie’s success financially is it’s repeat business which benefits heavily from strong word-of-mouth and good reviews — none of which I think Venom will get.

It will likely have a pretty good opening weekend due in large part to the curiosity factor of audiences and fans before it quickly plummets in its second weekend.

21. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario, at least we will have Spider-Man in five MCU films. That's a lot better than zero.

Smurphftw likes this.
  22. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

I think that's gonna be the real October blockbuster too. I've said it before, but for some reason, I think Venom is gonna have a strong first week then just flounder afterwards. Halloween reboot is going to be the one that shocks everyone.

23. Spider-Fan

Venom will open higher I think, but Halloween may outgross it (at least in the US) because I think it will have stronger legs.

24. Spider-Fan

Venom will open higher I think, but Halloween may outgross it (at least in the US) because I think it will have stronger legs.

25. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

I think he is too old for Scott. He will be late 30s by the time they reboot the films and even if Marvel goes with a veteran X-Men, I don't see them going THAT old. Late 20s to early 30s.

I could definitely see him as Reed, though. Especially for those that want the classic Kirby Doc Savage/Indiana Jones-esque version. Cavill could fill that role nicely.

I could also see him as the Sentry whom is basically a Superman template.

Namor too.