The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they cancel Daredevil I’ll be heartbroken.

I think the writing is on the wall there. Even if we assume the omen is on Netflix to cancel (i.e. as long as they keep ordering, Disney/Marvel has to produce them) I would think each season is negotiated individually. Disney could charge a premium for the shows making it unfeasible for Netflix to pick up a new season. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear DD, Punisher, JJ, Defenders being officially cancelled on Netflix in the coming months.

I think the writing is on the wall there. Even if we assume the omen is on Netflix to cancel (i.e. as long as they keep ordering, Disney/Marvel has to produce them) I would think each season is negotiated individually. Disney could charge a premium for the shows making it unfeasible for Netflix to pick up a new season. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear DD, Punisher, JJ, Defenders being officially cancelled on Netflix in the coming months.

This makes me sad. I really like those shows. But I know what you say is likely true.

Right now id say heroes for hire is coming. But if Jessica Jones, Punisher or heck even daredevil get cancelled then we know something else is up. Netflix could very well announce their cancellation before the upcoming seasons release. like how Netflix announced season 6 of house of cards would be the final season while it was still in production.

Finn Jones posted an image on his Instragram about both Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Some people interpret it as Netflix teasing a Heroes for Hire series, other people think it's Finn Jones just saying "Hey, Luke, you're not alone."

Considering Netflix wants to create their own Superhero Cinematic Universe I wouldn't be surprised they cancelled those shows to invest in their own properties.

This whole Luke Cage thing just doesn't make sense. We never got any indication that there were problems. And even if there were, there's no reason they couldn't just delay it instead of cancelling. I think I'll echo a lot of others' sentiments when I say that I think a Heroes for Hire show might be coming. Especially if we don't hear anything about the other shows.

This whole Luke Cage thing just doesn't make sense. We never got any indication that there were problems. And even if there were, there's no reason they couldn't just delay it instead of cancelling. I think I'll echo a lot of others' sentiments when I say that I think a Heroes for Hire show might be coming. Especially if we don't hear anything about the other shows.

I think now that Disney will have their own streaming service, they're not thrilled with Netflix continuing to make these shows. They may not be able to contractually prevent Netflix from continuing, but if they're no longer a supportive, appreciative partner, Netflix probably wants to shift away into other projects.

At this point, Netflix is like a party guest hanging around while the host is yawning and cleaning up around them.

While I like the Heroes For Hire episode in S2 of Luke Cage I gotta admit: I couldn’t care less about a entire tv show about it. Partially because I can’t stand Mike Coltor and I’m indifferent towards the Finn Jones version of Iron Fist. I would prefer they let both Luke Cage and Iron Fist die(these versions at least) and reboot the characters with Marvel Studios with new actors.

Last edited:
While I like the Heroes For Hire episode in S2 of Luke Cage I gotta admit: I couldn’t care less about a entire tv show about. Partially because I can’t stand Mike Coltor and I’m indifferent towards the Finn Jones version of Iron Fist. I would prefer they let both Luke Cage and Iron Fist die(these versions at least) and reboot the characters with Marvel Studios with new actors.
What did Colter do?

Screw Colter, I’m more angry about his talented supporting cast who’s getting the shaft.

Black Mariah, Misty Knight, Claire and the amazing supervillains they have on LC? And they cancel it?

Black people can never have nothing. :csad:

Luke Cage season 2 did end on a rather foreboding note that might hint at a darker turn for Cage but in way I feel it could work as a conclusion to the series since while you can leave it up to your imagination to decide what happens next there’s also enough finality to it that I really don’t need another season.

They didn't want to cancel Luke Cage until after they cancelled Iron Fist to avoid unnecessary backlash.

If you're going to cancel, do it in order of ****test first.

Hope they don’t suddenly just cancel Daredevil either.

I’m only on episode 5 of season 3 and they just putting poor Matty through the ringer.

I think Iron Fist was always doomed to be cancelled first. That show still had the stink of the first season that it never did overcome even with a significantly improved second season.

Cage’s cancellation seems to be more a case of legitimate creative differences hindering any progress which tells me that you don’t need to have bad reviews/a poorly received first season that hurts enthusiasm for the second season in order for your show to be cancelled which means there’s a very real possibility that Daredevil will not renewed for a fourth season.

Last edited:
Screw Colter, I’m more angry about his talented supporting cast who’s getting the shaft.

Black Mariah, Misty Knight, Claire and the amazing supervillains they have on LC? And they cancel it?

Black people can never have nothing. :csad:

Just have a Daughters of the Dragon show. Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.

And Black Mariah isn't exactly getting the shaft at this point after Season 2.

Just have a Daughters of the Dragon show. Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.

And Black Mariah isn't exactly getting the shaft at this point after Season 2.

Daughters of the Dragon would be a good look for Disneyflix.

Brings the girl power that the MCU needs.

On the subject of Daredevil (MAJOR SEASON 3 SPOILERS):

At the end of the season, we see Poindexter in surgery for his spine. The surgery is being performed by a Dr. Oyama. The creator of the adamantium bonding process. The father of Lady Deathstrike, a character supposedly still at Fox. If the latter is still at Fox until the deal closing, why would her father not be? Could the have been separated in the original deal? That's like having Susan Storm at Fox, but Franklin Storm at Marvel Studios. Could his appearance have something to do with the partnership on Legion? Could this be the first fruits of the Disney-Fox deal? Alternatively, it could just be an individual rights situation, like what happened with Ego the Living Planet and Negasonic Teenage Warhead. I don't know- there's so many ways this could be taken.

I'm probably reaching further than Reed Richards with this, but I thought it could generate some good discussion....

Last edited:
If the netflix shows getting cancelled are a signal that they might be moving under Feige on the Disney service I'm all for it.

Its worth actually read the deadline article. This is pretty telling.

At this point there are no plans for owner Marvel to resurrect Luke Cage on the upcoming Disney streaming service. But, being that the Simone Missick co-starrercrashed Netflix in its first season opening weekend in September 2016 and had a very well watched and well received 13-episode Season 2, it could be a Sweet Christmas, as Cage likes to quip

Last edited:
Make a Daughters of the Dragon show with Missick and Henwick.

On the subject of Daredevil (MAJOR SEASON 3 SPOILERS):

At the end of the season, we see Poindexter in surgery for his spine. The surgery is being performed by a Dr. Oyama. The creator of the adamantium bonding process. The father of Lady Deathstrike, a character supposedly still at Fox. If the latter is still at Fox until the deal closing, why would her father not be? Could the have been separated in the original deal? That's like having Susan Storm at Fox, but Franklin Storm at Marvel Studios. Could his appearance have something to do with the partnership on Legion? Could this be the first fruits of the Disney-Fox deal? Alternatively, it could just be an individual rights situation, like what happened with Ego the Living Planet and Negasonic Teenage Warhead. I don't know- there's so many ways this could be taken.

I'm probably reaching further than Reed Richards with this, but I thought it could generate some good discussion....

:up: Interesting. I don't know if it really means anything, but it's fun to think some characters could show up before the deal closes.

I wonder if it could have more to do with the Fox/Marvel tv relationship. Weren't they working with Fox on their tv shows already?

Disney's Q4 earnings call is now just 2 days after the EU is set to make its decision on the approval of the deal. Looks like Disney is expecting some good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"