The Soul-GLO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillary20Clinton.jpg

Million Dollar question. Would you sleep with Hillary Clinton if she promised you anything you wanted when she is president?

Sounds like the proposition Clinton gave monica after he became president. All she really got was a white stain on her dress :whatever:

Tsk.
Folk are just trying too hard.

I could understand this if I started a thread and started slamming white folk,... It's what I've seen done on the community board against Blacks, Dems, Reps, Women and gays,... And in each case the Mods let it run until it's obvious to all that there was malicious intent.

But here in the case of the Heinz 57 thread, you are not going to find it. All you read right now is my defending the right for the thread to exist,... and a group of people having issue that I started a community thread for whites.

Peace.
:dry:
Uh, it's your own words? Why would I have to dig when it's blatantly obvious?

Uh, when did I even insinuate that you were bashing whites, my post was in relation that you had an agenda regardless of you stating, you were going to bat for whites, which I think it's funny in itself that you seem to be looking for a pat on the back for your efforts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSGOR70061820071117

Diabetes death rates higher in black youths
Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - During the past two and a half decades, consistent racial disparities have existed in diabetes mortality among young Americans, with death rates for black youths significantly higher those for white youths.

"Further study is needed to discern the specific reasons for increased diabetes mortality in black youths," write health officials in the November 16th issue of the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, a publication of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In the United States, diabetes affects 18 per 10,000 children and adolescents younger than age 20. CDC investigators analyzed deaths between 1979 and 2004 with an underlying cause of diabetes among US children and teens 1 to 19 years old.

"Although diabetes deaths among youths were rare during 1979-2004, numbering less than an average of 80 per year for the entire period, diabetes death rates for black youths were consistently higher than those for white youths," they report.

"Additionally, whereas diabetes mortality did not change substantially for white youths during 1994-2004, death rates for black youths increased significantly," the investigators further report.

From 2003 to 2004, the annual average diabetes death rate per million youths was 2.46 for black youths compared with 0.91 for white youths.

Unlike adults with diabetes, most diabetes deaths among children and teenagers are due to acute complications of the disease such as ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia, "and thus are preventable," the CDC notes.

"Better identification and management of the disease among youths, especially black youths, might help decrease racial disparities and prevent deaths from diabetes."

I think better nutrition is the key.

Better nutrition is always a positive, that's another battle we have to face, the conception of watching what you eat w/ the cultrual history we have. It's going to be bad cause I think theres a stat that this is effecting the women much more than males. Trying to get the idea through that's it's o.k. for black women to sweat and exercise is going to be the real challenge.

Better nutrition is always a positive, that's another battle we have to face, the conception of watching what you eat w/ the cultrual history we have. It's going to be bad cause I think theres a stat that this is effecting the women much more than males. Trying to get the idea through that's it's o.k. for black women to sweat and exercise is going to be the real challenge.

You do know how long it takes to get this do did, right? :rolleyes:
I don't have a problem with sweating or hard physical work.

Seriously though, a coworker had really bad diabetes and he gone to the doctor with some concerns. Before anyone finally took him seriously he was in need of a kidney transplant or he would die in like a few weeks.
We all found out about his passing because he hadn't showed up to work for awhile and when the company called to fire him his mom informed them of the news. Dude was in his early 20's bright and funny. His funeral was overflowing with people.

Yeah, we as a people do need to eat better. We're like the italians in that we gorge ourselves on all this unhealthy ****, that the moms in the family always seem to force feed us from birth on up.

^
I'm glad I'm in england where regular food isn't very good so most people don't bother eating it.

The cuisine in the meduim to high end restarunts is good though

I tried to incorporate new food into the family dinners during gatherings. My grandma was from the south so you can imagine what that was like. One year I was really into all natural and organic, lol.

Ha! So you admit it!

Beans on toast and shepherd's pie, indeed.

I don't atully eat either of those. I like english sunday roasts, pie and mash, although not not with the jelley eels like in the old east end pie and mash shops. fresh fish and chips from english costal towns are yum

Interesting note: Every "Fish & Chips" restaurant I've ever been to has had Union Jacks all over the walls, but were run by old Chinese people.

At least he doesn't have a shirtless pic on his avvy! :)

Hillary20Clinton.jpg

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Ssssffffsssfff"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"