The Soul-GLO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoff, is that you? :huh:

In the thong! :)

Seriously though, LS, some people aren't worth getting worked up about.

Oh, I know. But I would be remiss not to shed some light on the ignorance that bleeds through some of these posts. It reminds me of folks that feel that Martin Luther King shouldn't have a national holiday in his name, simply because some well-known white male counterpart doesn't have one in his. Not everything should be tit for tat.

Besides, when I read some of these complaints it really raises an eyebrow for me in terms of questioning certain folks' sensibilities and tolerance of others. Hell, if you can't deal with a INTERNET thread devoted to minority concerns how do you cope with OFF-LINE situations of similar gravity?

Lame. :down

some people just feel it's unnecessary. as if....any thread here is really necessary.

Something Wil said is true though; there are some discriminatory posts in this thread against non-black people. I'm glad LS agreed to "handle" those people.

This place can definitely be full of soul AND tolerance :up:

Something Wil said is true though; there are some discriminatory posts in this thread against non-black people. I'm glad LS agreed to "handle" those people.

This place can definitely be dull of soul AND tolerance :up:

Agreed. And if there have been such posts, it's only been because the "Cat's been away"--and for that I apologize deeply. However, I still believe that some are really making a mountain outta nothing. To be fair though, now that I've returned this thread will monitored even heavier than before--for both stupidity generated from within this thread and stupidity generated outside of it.

Believe it or not, but I don't discriminate against those I ban--I throw wayward black posters under the Hype bus all the time. I don't give a ****. :hyper:

^ Your avvy is hot. Who is that? And is that Kool-Aid in his hand?

When was the last time any of you drank Kool-Aid? And which was drank most in your household during your childhood?

A.) Kool-Aid
or
B.) Wylers

Oops, well, I'm not black so that better not be a problem :cmad:
Kool aid, in my house. But now I couldn't drink the stuff, too much sugar. Actually, I hardly drink anything other than water. :dry:

<~~YEEAAAAHHH...OOOKAAAAAYY!!

yeah.gif

and its not kool aid...its pimp juice.

Oops, well, I'm not black so that better not be a problem :cmad:
Kool aid, in my house. But now I couldn't drink the stuff, too much sugar. Actually, I hardly drink anything other than water. :dry:

Kool-Aid ruled in mine as well. And I feel you on the "too much sugar" thing. The worst part was when me and my brothers made the drink ourselves. We'd put like 4 or 5 cups in that stuff...so much so that we couldn't even stir it. :dry:

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSGOR70061820071117

Diabetes death rates higher in black youths
Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14pm EST

Email | Print |
| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (-)
[-] Text [+]

powered by Sphere Sphere
Featured Broker sponsored link
Money Center
¥ € $ - Learn. Practice. Trade.

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - During the past two and a half decades, consistent racial disparities have existed in diabetes mortality among young Americans, with death rates for black youths significantly higher those for white youths.

"Further study is needed to discern the specific reasons for increased diabetes mortality in black youths," write health officials in the November 16th issue of the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, a publication of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In the United States, diabetes affects 18 per 10,000 children and adolescents younger than age 20. CDC investigators analyzed deaths between 1979 and 2004 with an underlying cause of diabetes among US children and teens 1 to 19 years old.

"Although diabetes deaths among youths were rare during 1979-2004, numbering less than an average of 80 per year for the entire period, diabetes death rates for black youths were consistently higher than those for white youths," they report.

"Additionally, whereas diabetes mortality did not change substantially for white youths during 1994-2004, death rates for black youths increased significantly," the investigators further report.

From 2003 to 2004, the annual average diabetes death rate per million youths was 2.46 for black youths compared with 0.91 for white youths.

Unlike adults with diabetes, most diabetes deaths among children and teenagers are due to acute complications of the disease such as ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia, "and thus are preventable," the CDC notes.

"Better identification and management of the disease among youths, especially black youths, might help decrease racial disparities and prevent deaths from diabetes."

I think better nutrition is the key.

This would be so easily preventable if black youths had sufficient medical coverage for better treatment, hospital care, and supplies. Compared to syringes, using the pump is safer, easier, and allows better management.

:woot: Yeah, I remember being a little heavy handed with the sugar. :up: Good times.

This place can definitely be full of soul AND tolerance :up:

Yeah, like he handled GAH when he referred to someone as a wetback right? Like that? Yeah, forgive me if I don't buy it.:whatever:

I've just finished reading 4 days worth of posts in this thread. I had addressed a post to Dew, Brutal, WS, Erz and others who expressed their "offense" at this thread's continuation, but luckily the system logged me out and my retort was lost.

Perhaps that was for the better, as my words were not pretty. :dry:

However, I will share this vestige of my original message: It dissapoints me that certain users only make an appearance in this thread to stir a pot that has long since dried up. This thread was not designed to segregate at all--and I am getting the impression that some of you know that already--but you are still crying bloody war because you have nothing else better to do with your time. And that's pathetic.

This thread has been a success. And I think that is the crux of the problem with folks like WS and Erzengel. The fact that the thread HASN'T deteriorated into garbage but instead has remained a sophisticated, humorous/serious round-table discussion is bothering them. They expected it to bomb and it hasn't. They flooded Community with annoying copy-threads in an effort to GET it closed--and it backfired. And the fact that I am African American AND governing the situation ticks them off as well. So let's just call a spade a spade here, shall we? :mad:

The problem we are facing here is jealousy--plain and simple. The concept of a "White thread" is utterly ridiculous. What would they possibly discuss? DWW (Driving While White)? Being followed by a suspicious store owner? Being discriminated against on the job for being a minority? The last time they had a Soul Food dinner? Please. :down I think it's time for some of us to admit that some cultures walk a unique path of experiences in this country--period.

And just to reiterate for those who have chosen to forget: any poster that comes in here with an "anti-anyone not black" mentality will be punished by yours truly. .

Yes, we're all jealous. You are so wise.:heart:

Yeah, like he handled GAH when he referred to someone as a wetback right? Like that? Yeah, forgive me if I don't buy it.:whatever:

If I recall correctly, a warning was issued for that and it was handled...in fact, it was referenced publically if memory serves. You're just upset because I refused to ban him off the thread without following protocols first. :dry:

You are so wise.:heart:

You forgot telepathic. :up:

I can't get to sleep knowing this thread is around. :rolleyes:

If I recall correctly, a warning was issued for that and it was handled...in fact, it was referenced publically if memory serves. You're just upset because I refused to ban him off the thread without following protocols first. :dry:

You forgot telepathic. :up:

Yes, a warning, for a repeat offender, banned under at least 3 names for a huge derogatory statement. And your warning was as lame as your excuses in this post. The metaphorical equivalent of a slap on the wrist. If I came here and called anyone a ****** < the "N Word", I would be automatically banned. I got put on probation for posting a PM for god's sake. So please LS, your actions speak louder than words, and they show that you are weak when it comes to bringing the hammer down.

I can't get to sleep knowing this thread is around. :rolleyes:

Obviously. Considering you've waged this pathetic little war throughout 2007 and still won't let it go. :whatever:

Was there anything else? Because if you guys really want to "go there" tonight, I can get with you.

Obviously. Considering you've waged this pathetic little war throughout 2007 and still won't let it go. :whatever:

Was there anything else? Because if you guys really want to "go there" tonight, I can get with you.

Whatever, I think a white thread, embracing Irish, German, English culture is far from ridiculous.

And even if I would agree that a white thread wouldn't be necessary, why not an Asian thread?

You can try and make little jabs at me with "my pathetic little war".

And if you want "to go there" :whatever:, I'd be happy to oblige you. But like every issue with most mods, lot of talk and no action will take place so why not just state the obvious.

This thread will stay on because you are a moderator. :huh:

Whatever, I think a white thread, embracing Irish, German, English culture is far from ridiculous.

And even if I would agree that a white thread wouldn't be necessary, why not an Asian thread?

You can try and make little jabs at me with "my pathetic little war".

And if you want "to go there" :whatever:, I'd be happy to oblige you. But like every issue with most mods, lot of talk and no action will take place so why not just state the obvious.

This thread will stay on because you are a moderator. :huh:

Don't forget the hating whitey and other races will continue.:up:

Yes, a warning, for a repeat offender, banned under at least 3 names for a huge derogatory statement. And your warning was as lame as your excuses in this post. The metaphorical equivalent of a slap on the wrist. If I came here and called anyone a ****** < the "N Word", I would be automatically banned. I got put on probation for posting a PM for god's sake. So please LS, your actions speak louder than words, and they show that you are weak when it comes to bringing the hammer down.

Oh?

Well, I'm sorry but I don't just ban people arbitarily. I give them a chance to improve. And I don't believe that that term has been used here since, has it? I didn't think so. As far as the N word, I have banned folks for using it, as well as issued warnings against its usage.

Sounds to me like you ( and your friends) are simply looking for cracks Darth. The fact of the matter is, nothing in this thread that I've personally seen has warranted an outright ban beyond warnings. And people have taken the warnings seriously and improved.

Now, have I been here full-time? No. I've been on a two-month hiatus from this joint. But don't get in my face with the "weak-hammer" BS because the other mods will tell you that my ban-list is usually as long as anyone elses--when I'm active. So back it up and get your facts straight.

I thought Dew already changed her mind. What is there to argue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"