The Soul-GLO Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
If "not having the interests of your fellow Black people at heart" makes you not "Black", then Gangstas and most Rappers aren't "Black".
Confusing

istockphoto_2930375_blue_ribbon.jpg

THAT IS THE COMMENT OF THE WEEK!
icon14.gif

Clarence Thomas is black or "African-American". Where his interest lies have absolutely no bearing on his ethnicity.

Two different issues.

There is no "handbook" on how to be "black". You just "ARE". By birth. What you read, eat, how you dance or can't, basketball skills, what music you like or command of the english language has no barring on your blackness.

All of those are sterotypes........

Or another and triple posts about raped nipples.

Or another whose every post is like a triple rape (nipples optional).

jag

There is no "handbook" on how to be "black". You just "ARE". By birth. What you read, eat, how you dance or can't, basketball skills, what music you like or command of the english language has no barring on your blackness.

Yes, I agree. That was my point.

With that said, I also know many blacks who also have an identity crisis too and cannot bear the idea of being African-American.

I'm proud to be black. However I pick and choose for myself which aspects of African-American culture to embrace along with the best elements of other cultures that I have grown to enjoy and respect.

However I never forget my roots nor those people who I share a common history with.

Or FF2 was a horrible movie. 3....2....1....

really?

(tearing up my "black like Me" Manuals.)
:word:

I think so long as you're black and don't have a "I hate black people and don't want anything to do with them" vibe going, it's pretty much fine. I have known people that are black and grew up around every race but black and, while it may not be intentional, seem to skew towards that opinion. Haha, I already mentioned my little cousin who basically goes to an all white school, came home one day and told her mom, "I'm not black, I'm white." That kind of **** does need to be nipped in the bud.

I think so long as you're black and don't have a "I hate black people and don't want anything to do with them" vibe going, it's pretty much fine. I have known people that are black and grew up around every race but black and, while it may not be intentional, seem to skew towards that opinion.

Bingo! I agree.

Its also call self hate or lack of self esteem, identity crisis, etc.

Now you are arguing nature over nuture.

Bottom line, be proud of where you come from, don't wear it on your sleeve or like a badge of honor.

A) It's not like you had any part of being black, white, asian.
B) I get annoyed when people list their race as their #1 defining quality. I can think of 20 other things about me before I even get to race.

Now you are arguing nature over nuture.

Bottom line, be proud of where you come from, don't wear it on your sleeve or like a badge of honor.

A) It's not like you had any part of being black, white, asian.
B) I get annoyed when people list their race as their #1 defining quality. I can think of 20 other things about me before I even get to race.

:up:

My character is more important than my ethnicity.

^Well, that's like the asian chick that is disgusted by any and all things asian. You don't have to walk around in a kimono and whatever, but at the same, it's not needed to act like your people make you sick to your stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"