The Soul-GLO Experience

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Lightning Strykez!, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRUTAL Registered

The title suggests nothing about celebration.

2. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

By the way: I agree with you guys that the fact that this thread is heavily moderated (and authored by a mod at that) is undoubtedly a reason why it has remained generally clear of the stupidity and garbage that befalls most threads dedicated to race discussions. I can't deny that. But again, is that a bad thing? Is it Erz? Is it Darth? It seems to me like you'd want something similar for other culture-based threads, no?

If other culture threads are created and hosted in the same way, perhaps they too will beat the "it will deteriorate eventually--they always do" stereotype that moderators expect of threads like these. It was that stereotype--along with a measure of intolerance--that led to the shutting down of your discussions. This thread is an example though, that serious discussion CAN be accomplished.

Get Morg to host one of them. ;)

3. raybia Signing off

You have my support!

Welcome back LS!

4. SoulManX The Inspector!

[​IMG]

“Can't we all... just... get along?”

5. Holly Registered

not with those eyebrows. no

6. BRUTAL Registered

7. gkokujin Registered

is that BABY HAIR?!

LOL

8. SurfDUI Registered

:woot: Yes, a sting w/ baby hair from almost 20 years ago. R. King->Trendsetta

9. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Is there really such a thing as "good hair"?

10. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Hair that requires minimum styling in the morning.

11. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Is that the only criteria? Many equate this with fair-skinned people, but I'm not exactly the lightest shade on the planet, yet folks say I have it. Which I don't get because it's just as nappy/curly as anyone elses so far as I can see....

It's not like my hair blows in the wind or some ****.....LOL :p

12. gkokujin Registered

if you can get your hair wet and it "springs back" you got "good" hair.

13. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

India.Arie, folks.

14. SurfDUI Registered

This semester in cultural anthropology (which I don't recommend taking on a Saturday Morning-to hard to concentrate when you've been wasted all Friday)we saw a doc. called Black is Black ain't.

It went through a history about African americans from the slave ships to how we percieve each other nowadays. It's kind of dated, cause they was talkin to some brothas and I think one of them had a box, anyway. Black people used to REALLY discriminate agianst each other, and I'm glad this seems to be generational, on and on about how if you came at somebody and said they were black, you'd have a fight on your hands. How people went through so much to straighten hair. It was just so crazy, and that was less than 60 years ago.

IMO there is no good hair, cause that means the rest have bad hair, which is another for black hair, and that's biased against yourself.

15. Varient Guru for Geeks

Thanks for the warning.

16. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'm not, the topic was brought up by others, I was just contributing, more precisely addressing Varient. And in no way am I blaming you specifically. None of my posts said that.

I'm actually impressed because mods don't usually admit the fault of other mods.

But you have to REMEMBER. None of the other Asian, or any other Hispanic "Lounge" threads were allowed and it was only til recently Dew recended on what she said months ago. It's not like we could have recreated them months ago. But like I stated, I have no paitence for recreating my thread.

17. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

18. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

^Not too shabby. Though I do confess your Amy Winehouse basically let the entire community down. She was getting all kinds of love from black folks over here. Now her druggie ass has just ruined it.

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

well she does live in Camden. Camden is the Bohemian part of london. Its full of muscians, Artist, Goths, Hippies, Punks, EMOs and general alternative types. Unfortunatley its also full of Drug Dealer who sell in broad daylight, Prostitues get found murdered in trash cans and you walk down the wrong street and you could get stabbed.

Every time I come out of Camden train station I get guys asking me if I wanna buy Crack, Heroin, Puff. Its definetly a pretty bad influnce if your a young chick like her.

Her junkie pete doherty wannabe husband ain't much better either. Compared to how she looked when her 2003 album frank came out (which is probabley a better album too) shes gone down hill fast.

20. Memphis Slim Registered

Is this guy black?
    [​IMG]

21. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

22. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

His Black. Does he have his fellow black peoples intrests at heart is another matter.

Hey slim did you see my vid?

23. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

If "not having the interests of your fellow Black people at heart" makes you not "Black", then Gangstas and most Rappers aren't "Black".
    Confusing

24. Hunter Rider Ronin

Just for the record, the slur Darth mentioned has been added to the censored words list.

25. raybia Signing off

Clarence Thomas is black or "African-American". Where his interest lies have absolutely no bearing on his ethnicity.

Two different issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.