The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god the batboards are dead in the week before release we practically got through a whole general discussion thread in one day. Now it's a struggle to get through 2 pages :D

Same here. Now I don't have to play catch up that much. :)

It really is shocking how quiet this place has become...

I guess we were all just so into it that our energy has been sapped. The movies out and it is what it is. (For better or worse).

What else is there to say?

I guess we were all just so into it that our energy has been sapped. The movies out and it is what it is. (For better or worse).

Exactly. The only thing to speculate about is a film with Joseph Gordon-Levitt with a character not many liked that may never even happen :D Can't wait for the reboot stuff to start.

Really liked The Avengers but not enough to follow but I'm jealous they've definitely got another few years of speculation and build up for another film :csad:

Exactly. The only thing to speculate about is a film with Joseph Gordon-Levitt with a character not many liked that may never even happen :D Can't wait for the reboot stuff to start.

Really liked The Avengers but not enough to follow but I'm jealous they've definitely got another few years of speculation and build up for another film :csad:

Yeah I mean, the other threads are just going around in circles now, going over nitpicks, which tend to end up being the same discussion over and over and over, whether valid points or not its still the usual topics of discussion, but there really isn't much more to say when everything is out in the open to see, there is no more speculation to be had, reboot discussions apart but they seem a bit premature when its going to be a few years before we get another mention of a Batman film, its all so up in the air its hard to discuss.

The Avengers has at least two more films to go, plus individual character ones, so there's so much more to discuss for possibilities.

We just have to sit back and wait for dvd release's content that our trilogy is over and of high quality.

Perhaps Goyer with some inputs from Jonah Nolan can write a graphic novel as a story of John Blake fighting crime in Gotham.

It could be an else-worlds take on TDK trilogy.

This is the part when we start making awesome manips and discussions about the next reboot :D

This is the part when we start making awesome manips and discussions about the next reboot :D

I think for most it's a little early in the day for that... but it'll come.

For now, It's still the Nolan era for me until either a director, release date or actor is announced for the reboot. :o

Is there any truth to the fast track Batman WB talked about? Apparently they are trying to kick start a new film in 18-24 months?

Maybe Ben Afleck has been persuaded by WB to direct the next Batman....reboot / restart / whatever.

I don't know...

But if Man of Steel tanks next year, you can bet your ass they won't sit on Batman for too long.

Batman movies may not always be a phenomena (1989, TDK) but they always bring in the money.

Is there any truth to the fast track Batman WB talked about? Apparently they are trying to kick start a new film in 18-24 months?

Isn't that a little soon. I mean I'm all for a new take on the character but if they rush it, its more likely going to be a dissapointment.

Maybe Ben Afleck has been persuaded by WB to direct the next Batman....reboot / restart / whatever.
I remember reading the article about Affleck being approached for Justice League and him reading the script.

So Justice League has a script and is ready to go? All it needs is a director? Surely that means WB aren't bothering with build up films...

Also when does the bluray/DVD details normally begin to surface?

I don't know...

But if Man of Steel tanks next year, you can bet your ass they won't sit on Batman for too long.

Batman movies may not always be a phenomena (1989, TDK) but they always bring in the money.

Yeah they will probably concentrate on Supe's for a while, if the reboot is popular first and then maybe reintroduce Bats with the JL movie.

Look at it this way, the reboot can't be any worse than TDKR. That's the bright side of this wretched ordeal: TDKR being underwhelming made the "transition" to the reboot easier.

Imagine if TDKR was as good or better than TDK? I couldn't help but be biased to the reboot from the start. It would've been unbearable. Now I am actually looking forward to it. A speck of sunlight in the darkness.

Look at it this way, the reboot can't be any worse than TDKR. That's the bright side of this wretched ordeal: TDKR being underwhelming made the "transition" to the reboot easier.

Imagine if TDKR was as good or better than TDK? I couldn't help but be biased to the reboot from the start. It would've been unbearable. Now I am actually looking forward to it. A speck of sunlight in the darkness.

Wow, you really think TDKR was that bad?

You do realise you are one of a few who felt this way. Many thought it was as good if not better than TDK.

Well, there you have it.

I gave it a 7. Good but very flawed and underwhelming overall. Did not live up to the standards set by the previous two movies, IMO.

Btw I love your avatar.

I think it's pretty much on the same level as Begins when it comes to cheesiness and technical flaws, and I love Begins and forgive it for most of it's silliness so I can do the same with this. It's my second favorite of the series after TDK. For now at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"