The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
That top shot of Catwoman jumping the Bat Pod is such a great shot.

Nolan and Wally are masters!
Indeed. In the movie universe Selina rode the bike flawlessly. Very adaptable to new situations. Turned on the engine and was good to go.

Indeed. In the movie universe Selina rode the bike flawlessly. Very adaptable to new situations. Turned on the engine and was good to go.

Selina is street smart and is very versatile and as she said, an adaptable woman in TDKR.

Just like she is in the books.

Not that she wasn't flexible, but it kind of makes you wonder what the point of all that cat like posing was when she never did anything resembling that in the film.

Not that she wasn't flexible, but it kind of makes you wonder what the point of all that cat like posing was when she never did anything resembling that in the film.

Aggravating the fanboys.

She does stuff like this a few times. She crouches very flexibly over Daggett, the leg over the Batpod after shooting Bane, the safe cracking scenes and the few twists she does, heel with halfway up the wall with Daggett and the flexible kick of the crane. There were quite a few almost cat-like flexibility moments the just didn't whack you over the head with them she was a just a normal flexible woman afterall.

She does stuff like this a few times. She crouches very flexibly over Daggett, the leg over the Batpod after shooting Bane, the safe cracking scenes and the few twists she does, heel with halfway up the wall with Daggett and the flexible kick of the crane. There were quite a few almost cat-like flexibility moments the just didn't whack you over the head with them she was a just a normal flexible woman afterall.

Please don't use facts to rationally explain things!

I wanted her to prowl on all fours and dance around doing backflips while she fought off thugs!

This never looked right to me, because it seemed like it wasn't actually Hathaway's leg. The close up of the foot pinning his hand then cutting to a close up of Anne. Reminded me of Austin Powers: Goldmember how Goldmember's leg and foot would pop up anywhere. Wish Nolan had pulled back and actually shown Ann standing there with her leged hiked up pinning Daget's arm. Not that I wanted to see Anne in pervy positions, but because it seems weird all up close like that. The leg and foot doesn't connect with Anne on screen.

I know she was flexible in the movie. I said as much. But where does she really do anything resembling a catlike pose of any kind?

I know she was flexible in the movie. I said as much. But where does she really do anything resembling a catlike pose of any kind?

Closest thing I can think of is when she was crouching at the safe during Batman's return.

Selina is street smart and is very versatile and as she said, an adaptable woman in TDKR.

Just like she is in the books.
I had to laugh every time someone in the theater audience went, "WOW" at the batpod jump or the u-turn. "DAT WOMAN." Yup. :awesome:

Having a cat myself, I'd say that spending 70% of the movie sleeping would not be very interesting. :funny:

Sitting casually, waiting for Batman in the subway was vaguely catlike. The way she moved quickly at some times yet very languidly at others, was also reminiscent of a cat. They didn't hit you over the head with it.

I'm amazed at how many things there are to complain about with this movie, just when you think it's all been exhausted.

Gotta love the evolution of Batman's vehicles:

tumblr_mdn9jzAgny1roavl3o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mdn9jzAgny1roavl3o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mdn9jzAgny1roavl3o3_500.gif

I also love on how each vehicle, or the choice of vehicle primarily used for each film kind of resonated with theme going on for Batman in each of his three films.

[YT]g8evyE9TuYk[/YT]

This trailer still gives me goosebumps.

This is just my theory on how Batman managed to escape the blast radius (this has no doubt been said already):

After the closeup of Batman, we see the Bat flying away, then the last few seconds of the countdown... maybe between the closeup and the last two shots, there was a larger time span than what we saw? We might have seen a simple time lapse. After the closeup of Batman, Batman could have ejected out... that wouldn't have been visible to anybody anyways.

Not sure what the other theories are...

inb4 "He didn't escape the blast radius, he died and Alfred imagined seeing him at the end."

i think people interpret way too much in that ending because of inception.

alfred didnt know about the selina kyle thing, so that wouldnt make sense. The same goes with the scene with fox and his tech guys. And last but not least, the script is also pretty clear about it.

He escaped, because he's batman.

i think people interpret way too much in that ending because of inception.

alfred didnt know about the selina kyle thing, so that wouldnt make sense. The same goes with the scene with fox and his tech guys. And last but not least, the script is also pretty clear about it.

He escaped, because he's batman.

Yes, they do. It's laughable how many people think the ending was ambiguous, etc just because it's a Nolan movie.

Was there a cut to black after Alfred nodded? No.

Did Alfred even know about Bruce and Selina? No.

If Alfred imagined Bruce with anyone, I imagine it'd be Miranda.

Besides, all the hints are there...

The look on Lucius's face after he finds out the autopilot was fixed a while ago, the fact that the pearls have a tracking chip in them... and the fact that the pearls are missing at the end of the movie...

The ending is Not like the Inception ending. If we were to assume for a moment, just for the sake of argument that Gordon is imagining the Bat-signal is restored, and that Fox is imagining that auto pilot issue is fixed by Bruce and that Alfred is imagining that Bruce is in the cafe in Florence, that leaves Selina's character, why she is not imagining something too ?

So, Is she also imagining the same dream that Alfred is having about a cafe in Florence, but then she never knew Alfred that well, and how can both have the same dream ?

Maybe, If we assume (just for the sake of argument) that Only Alfred is dreaming about that cafe, then why he sees Selina ? Alfred knew nothing about Bruce and Selina's relationship.

And what is Selina dreaming ? It seems odd that each character that is close to Bruce is imagining something (Fox, Gordon, Alfred maybe even Blake) then why leave out Selina Kyle?

The only explanation is that Bruce Wayne survived and left some clues to Gordon, Fox and then he met Selina and went to cafe knowing that Alfred will show up there so as to assure him that he is alright and he has moved on with his life.

Last edited:
It seems that he bailed inside Gotham limits and kept The Bat flying out to sea.

I dont think that woman was Talia in the stock exchange. The guy was checking the girls ass , and Nolan kinda wanted to show why :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"