The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw all 3 movies this weekend , and i felt a little sad knowing i wont be seeing Batman movies as good as these ones (or an adaption similar to my tastes). Maybe in 20 years Mr. Nolan will throw us a bone. Im not even talking about the colossal achievement from a filmmaking point of view. They are extraordinaire movies , that match really well , with a very clear progression , but they're also different beasts. Want i really enjoy is the sense of wonder i feel seeing them , a wonder i had since being a little child flipping my bro's comics even before I knew to read .A wonder i had watching Returns in a movie theater.

So , the little child inside me knows he will always have this trilogy to rewatch , but at the same time i probably wont be seeing anything remotely close to the quality of these projects. And that's sad (even more considering studios are back to the typical fluff superhero stories , and batman wont be able to escape that)

Yeah I'm glad I have this trilogy. I can look back at it as my childhood films. Begins came out when I was about 9 or 10 and TDK when I was 12. Never have I seen a trilogy of films that have had such an impact on me.

It seems that he bailed inside Gotham limits and kept The Bat flying out to sea.
I agree. He probably blew part of the building away, set the thing to full speed and then bailed. I think it makes sense that way - he's the furtherest he can possibly be from the blast radius and there's no 'how did he get back to Gotham, did he swim?' angle.

Yeah I'm glad I have this trilogy. I can look back at it as my childhood films. Begins came out when I was about 9 or 10 and TDK when I was 12. Never have I seen a trilogy of films that have had such an impact on me.

I was 9 in Returns :csad:

It took me a little longer to see the Batman i dreamt :woot:

Exactly the same.

I agree. He probably blew part of the building away, set the thing to full speed and then bailed. I think it makes sense that way - he's the furtherest he can possibly be from the blast radius and there's no 'how did he get back to Gotham, did he swim?' angle.

I would have loved to cut to a flashback when we see Alfred nodding to Bruce at the cafe that showed Bruce flying away with the bomb setting it to fast and see him jump on the bridge THEN have the long bridge shot of Batman looking over Gotham.

I dont think that woman was Talia in the stock exchange. The guy was checking the girls ass , and Nolan kinda wanted to show why :oldrazz:

Agreed. the woman at the Stock Exchange is not Miranda Tate.

I was 6 when I seen Returns in the theater, it's still magic. The Blu ray peeled back a bit of the layers of fantasy though. The blatant makeup and a few matte paintings and animated drawings have not aged well, but it's still awesome.

This Trilogy is perfect in so many ways, I am not sad that I won't get films of the same caliber, I'll just enjoy it.

But I enjoy anything with Batman on it, I even like the serials from the olden days.

--

I do think Batman left the batpod in that explosion. He could have cleared that building, but instead shot a nice hole so he could land inside.

Then he autopiloted the pod out to sea.

We all know that The Joker is Batman's ultimate villian in the comics but in this movie series is Ra's the ultimate villian because of the overall storyline or is it still The Joker because of what he did to Bruce/Batman in The dark knight ie: kill his girl, turning Dent, you know we all seen the movie?

In my opinion, it is still the Joker. It is almost explicitly stated (by him) in The Dark Knight. The consequences of his acts are felt through Rises. This trilogy had a a great set of supervillians: The Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, The Joker, Two-Face, Bane, Talia Al Ghul, and I'm gonna count Catwoman in here too for good measure. From the eldest characters on comics to the newest ones, they were very nice choices.

When I look at the effect of the villains on Bruce in the trilogy, the one who had the worst effect on Bruce's life is the Joker.

Bane did break Batman's back and toss him in a pit for months. But the Joker killed his childhood best friend and woman he loved. He destroyed Harvey Dent (his ace in the hole), thereby forcing Batman to take the fall for Dent's crimes in order to save Gotham. These combined acts of evil turned Bruce into a miserable recluse for 8 years, who gave up on life, and made Batman into a hated, hunted figure.

The Joker's evil had a much greater and longer lasting effect and impact on both Bruce and Batman.

Last edited:

Indeed. If there are two things I want to show my kids(if/when I have any), it's going to be The Dark Knight Trilogy and Wu-Tang Clan.

Indeed. If there are two things I want to show my kids(if/when I have any), it's going to be The Dark Knight Trilogy and Wu-Tang Clan.

If they find the trilogy boring... make sure to get a paternity test. :woot:

From the Catwoman featurette

tgdpn.jpg

My guess is that here Catwoman is bailing out after Bane breaks Batman, fearing for her life

I saw all 3 movies this weekend , and i felt a little sad knowing i wont be seeing Batman movies as good as these ones (or an adaption similar to my tastes). Maybe in 20 years Mr. Nolan will throw us a bone. Im not even talking about the colossal achievement from a filmmaking point of view. They are extraordinaire movies , that match really well , with a very clear progression , but they're also different beasts. Want i really enjoy is the sense of wonder i feel seeing them , a wonder i had since being a little child flipping my bro's comics even before I knew to read .A wonder i had watching Returns in a movie theater.

I agree with this sentiment. These are movies that get better and better the more you watch. I also how each movie is part of a big story and the themes, concepts and music interconnect but they are also unique each in their own ways. The complexity of the story telling the epicness of the saga, the music, etc. This trillogy goes down as a classic no doubt.

The more I watch this movie, the awesomer it gets, and the more Batman's "No, I came back to stop you" makes me cringe. Him just standing there, in full frame, in broad daylight, does look goofy as hell. Would've been badass if he never broke stride, and responded with something like "I didn't come here to talk!" *punch*

My guess is that here Catwoman is bailing out after Bane breaks Batman, fearing for her life

That would be a slow getaway :hehe: Most likely just a photoshoot at that location.

i wanted Batman, never breaking stride, to say 'i came back to break you' and just go nuts.

TAS-M has been the only CBM film that worsens after every view. TDKR, Avengers, Dredd, I keep enjoying them more and more. It's not the same with TAS-M. And only saw Men in Black 3 once and never saw Ghost Rider: SoV.

I think every Nolan movie is like that though... It's like he rewards you for taking multiple viewings.

TDKR was a weird one in particular. It felt a little disjointed on the first viewing, yet on the second... it just *clicked*.

When I look at the effect of the villains on Bruce in the trilogy, the one who had the worst effect on Bruce's life is the Joker.

Bane did break Batman's back and toss him in a pit for months. But the Joker killed his childhood best friend and woman he loved. He destroyed Harvey Dent (his ace in the hole), thereby forcing Batman to take the fall for Dent's crimes in order to save Gotham. These combined acts of evil turned Bruce into a miserable recluse for 8 years, who gave up on life, and made Batman into a hated, hunted figure.

The Joker's evil had a much greater and longer lasting effect and impact on both Bruce and Batman.
Agreed, Joker definitely affected him the most. He challenged his code, he took his great love, and he most of all made Batman turn on everything he believed in by using a lie to provide a temporary sham of a fix for his city instead of the true change he'd hoped to instill. Joker really did win after TDK.

My point of view is different. The Joker did not win, because Batman decided to put the blame of Two-Face murders, keeping the criminals in jail and Gotham's soul at peace. But that doesn't mean Batman came up literally triumphant either. It was a sacrifice, it didn't matter what happened to him if that meant keeping Gotham safe. He won by losing, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"