The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not seeing Talia at the stock exchange. :huh:

I think people are just assuming that Bane nods to her. :funny: There's a lingering shot of her from the back as she enters the stock exchange, right when one of the guys getting his shoes shined says, "I flipped a coin." The height, body type, and hair is unmistakeable.

I think people are just assuming that Bane nods to her. :funny: There's a lingering shot of her from the back as she enters the stock exchange, right when one of the guys getting his shoes shined says, "I flipped a coin." The height, body type, and hair is unmistakeable.

Thanks for pointing out which part it was, I caught it now.

00h:41m:23s

TRADER 2
You can't short the stock because Bruce Wayne goes to a party.

(They are talking about Miranda's charity ball)

TRADER 1
Wayne coming back is change. Change is either good or bad. I vote bad.

(She walks directly in front of Wally Pfister's camera. For a brief moment you see half of her face. The stock guys stare at her as the camera tracks her appearance going to the right. She's wearing high heels, a skirt and a long sleeve coat while carrying a briefcase. I can't post the screen caps here yet but I have on another forum. Looks like Cotillard to me.)

TRADER 2
On what basis?

TRADER 1
I flipped a coin.

---------------

Camera continues moving from left to right in the next shot. This is the one where the food guy's bag says "STEALTH" on it.

---------------

00:43m:06s

Bane looks around the room. He sees something and makes an audible noise in mask, and then turns his head again to his left (in the direction of Wally's camera)

00h:43m:10s

Bane nods to off-screen person. Next sequence of shots pertains to the police outside.

Last edited:
regardless... its kind of pointless lol i dont see what the fuss is about

it was a stock exchange, and shes a pretty big part of Wayne Enterprises... why wouldnt she be there. Lucius could have been there too.

Oh yeah of course. I'm thinking too deeply, as if she'd go there for some sinister reason :funny:

It was brilliant! Story-wise and visually and musically, wow awesome! Very good and very rewatchable!

Yeah, me too. The wait was worth it! It looks so gorgeous. Wow.

So excited for the Superman film.

MOS looks promising.

I can't wait to see the Bruce and Selina charity ball dance scene again. So much chemistry between those two.

On 00:30:15 when Bruce drives his Lambo before the Wayne manor the camera losses focus.

:)

Yeah, it sure does. So exciting to see.

Me too. The chemistry was sooooo intense in that scene. I also loved the rain scene with Miranda.

I just watched TDKR again for the 6th time and this was the moment where I let all go and just watched it. For some reason it took me six viewings of The Dark Knight Rises to realise just how beautiful this film is and how beautiful this trilogy is. It has a story to tell and it delivers it almost flawlessly.

The ONLY problem I have with the trilogy as a whole is the ending to Gordon's arc. He is truly left in the **** at the end of TDKR. No family, revealed as a liar, loyal friend gone, young partner gone, disgraced Commissioner it really is a shame although it almost is made better by Oldman's wonderful acting with the Bat-signal at the end. But seeing as this was the end I think he deserved something more.

^ The fact that Gordon is front and center at Batman's memorial, and that he takes his files/notes to the rooftop, tells us that the public understood why he did what he did, and that he was forgiven, along with Batman, for the lie they created to protect Gotham.

Did the length of Selina's skirt changed from when she kicked Bruce to when she jumped out of the window? Or did it just hike up when she climbed the window? :funny:

Something new that I noticed and liked: How Bruce was breathless and his voice was gruff when he said "not likely" after Selina kissed him. That was a nice touch.

And oh... The faces of the prisoners cheering for Bruce when he climbed out! I noticed it already at the theater but it's even more hilarious now in GIF form. :lmao:

^ The fact that Gordon is front and center at Batman's memorial, and that he takes his files/notes to the rooftop, tells us that the public understood why he did what he did, and that he was forgiven, along with Batman, for the lie they created to protect Gotham.

Yeah, the implication is that Gordon was forgiven and stayed on as commissioner. We don't know if he reconciled with his family but with the truth out and Gotham in a state of hopeful reconstruction there is a likelihood that he does. And of course you have the rebuilt signal communicating that Bruce is alive and that a new "watchful guardian" will be with him. In way he's back to square one which I think is appropriate for the character, especially the last image on him on top of the MCU with his stack of police files and the signal. That is Gordon, and he has hope.

Something new that I noticed and liked: How Bruce was breathless and his voice was gruff when he said "not likely" after Selina kissed him. That was a nice touch.

I also noticed on how Bruce's eyes were closed while their lips met; now if he had not enjoyed it for even a bit, he would probably have kept his eyes open.haha

Does anyone else get the feeling that Nolan has kept the door slightly open for Bruce to come out of his retirement, if needed (in future) by letting Gordon, Fox and Alfred know that he is still alive ?

(BTW, after rewatching the movie, I like how happy Gordon is looking at the restored Bat-Signal and then realizing that Bruce may have survived.)

Last edited:
Does anyone else get the feeling that Nolan has kept the door slightly open for Bruce to come out of his retirement, if needed (in future) by letting Gordon, Fox and Alfred know that he is still alive ?

(BTW, after rewatching the movie, I like how happy Gordon looking at the restored Bat-Signal and then realizing that Bruce may have survived.)

While I don't think Nolan left a door open for Bruce's return as Batman, I do find it odd that Bruce only gave an answer to Lucius and Alfred(in different ways) that he's safe and moving unto a new life, but he didn't really give that kind of answer to Gordon. He fixed the bat signal, yes, but that's to tell Gordon Batman is still alive as well. If Robin becomes Batman, there will still be a question in the back of Gordon's mind asking what happened to Bruce.

the bat symbol was nothing more than a symbolic signal to Gordon that he lived and the symbol can be used for hope.

nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"