The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or when he kind of glides down to help Catwoman fight Banes thugs on the roof after she lets go of Dagget.

Love this shot.

jiEux.jpg

Ya I just realized that as well, and as for the batarangs I'm not sure if I consider the little sharp bat shaped objects at the end batarangs or not.

I consider it another Bat-device all together.

The Bat-darts kicked butt though. Very nice touch to show a stealthy Batman.

Ya I just realized that as well, and as for the batarangs I'm not sure if I consider the little sharp bat shaped objects at the end batarangs or not.

They were more like Nolan's version of Batman's Bat-darts.

Haha, true.

Closest thing to "gliding" is when Batman breaks his fall with his cape after Bane kicks him over the railing during their first fight.

Actually, couldn't the closest thing be when Batman glides down to help Selina with Bane's men?

They were more like Nolan's version of Batman's Bat-darts.

Actually, couldn't the closest thing be when Batman glides down to help Selina with Bane's men?

Possibly. Even though we didn't have any gliding moments like the ones in BB/TDK, those two shots of him, err, "semi-gliding" were enough to keep me happy. :woot:

Now what Batman uses on Bane in their sewer fight...would that be Batman's flash-bang grenades or stun pellets?

The Blu Ray has me all pumped again. I feel like it's last year! Man I can't wait to own this film. It's going to look so beautiful. I love what a lush and vivid film the dark knight rises is. Everything is so crisp and pops out at you. It's really a feast for the eyes.

The Blu Ray has me all pumped again. I feel like it's last year! Man I can't wait to own this film. It's going to look so beautiful. I love what a lush and vivid film the dark knight rises is. Everything is so crisp and pops out at you. It's really a feast for the eyes.

I've tried not to watch any clips on youtube, but watched a whole bunch today, lol. I'm going to watch BB this week and then TDK next week. Cannot wait!

I also more or less rewatched it. :o From earlier: Oh! Look its that scene. *done* Oh, and that one. Just this last one and that's it!. That went on for about an hour or so.

Just a question....

This is the one that irks me and bugs me while I watch the end of the film...

Batman clearly kills the driver of the truck carrying the bomb. He shoots him with missile blasts, bombarding the truck, killing him. Then, he continues to do so, forcing Talia to drive off of the road and also die.

So, did Batman break his "one rule"? Or, is this justifiable, because if the guy turned the truck he'd had still been alive.

It's just a little thing that bugs me.

-R

First, Batman fires on the street in front of the Truck, then the truck driver takes a turn, then we hear Talia telling the driver

"Stay Straight !"

Only then Batman fires again this time on the lower front side of the truck, so that he would go east, but the driver takes a hit and dies, so it looked unintentional and at the same time it was unavoidable given the circumstances.

In the next scene we see Talia in the driver's seat, Batman now brings the Bat closer to the Truck and then fires to the lower front side, to make the Truck turn east, but Talia could not maneuver it, and crashes the truck on the road under the bridge.

You know what I just noticed today after watching it again, this is the only film in the trilogy that Batman doesn't actually glide.

I thought today it would have been really epic if there was a scene before the final battle that involved Batman and Foley. Purely as Foley had such a poor point of view toward Batman for the majority of the film I thought a little dialogue between the too would have been great to see. May have even benefited Foley's character a little... Just a little speech from Batman before Foley goes in to battle.

I also thought if in the scene with Fox earlier on when they are in the Bat-Bunker and searching through Batman's armoury that Bruce picks up a small sonar device as a small nod to The Dark Knight, he then gives this device to Foley before the final battle charge.

Then when the final battle does begin we see Batman crouched on the rooftops scouting the ground with the sonar for Bane who is fighting random cops. He then finally spots him in the crowd and glides down all the way to Bane and glide kicks him in the back. And THAT would be my "**** yeah" moment of the film. :woot:

If it ever happened of course.

Just a question....

Batman clearly kills the driver of the truck carrying the bomb. He shoots him with missile blasts, bombarding the truck, killing him. Then, he continues to do so, forcing Talia to drive off of the road and also die.

So, did Batman break his "one rule"? Or, is this justifiable, because if the guy turned the truck he'd had still been alive.

-R
In the original script Gordon shoots the driver from the back of the truck why oh why didn't they keep that.... I guess thinking about it it would have been stupid as they are trying to get the reactor to go a certain direction so Gordon shooting the driver would be silly but I'm sure Nolan could have come up with a workaround.

When Batman says "you made a serious mistake" to Catwoman, what is he referring to? I do not get it entirely, because Batman asked Catwoman to take him to Bane.

Does he mean, "you made a serious mistake, (because I am actually Bruce Wayne)"?

When Batman says "you made a serious mistake" to Catwoman, what is he referring to? I do not get it entirely, because Batman asked Catwoman to take him to Bane.

Does he mean, "you made a serious mistake, (because I am actually Bruce Wayne)"?

I think that he is saying that she made a serious mistake by choosing Bane as he is not the revolutionary and savior of Gotham as she is thinking.

Did Batman just keep the bat-pod in that shipping container all the time or did he sometimes store it in the batcave or batbunker. Or was it always in the batcave for 8years then when he got the bat he kept the bat-pod in the shipping container near the city and keep the bat in the batcave. Just trying to remember. Did he drive the bat-pod straight from the harvey dent crime scene at the end of tdk to the batbunker. Just thinking.

Did Batman just keep the bat-pod in that shipping container all the time or did he sometimes store it in the batcave or batbunker. Or was it always in the batcave for 8years then when he got the bat he kept the bat-pod in the shipping container near the city and keep the bat in the batcave. Just trying to remember. Did he drive the bat-pod straight from the harvey dent crime scene at the end of tdk to the batbunker. Just thinking.

He might had batpods spread around the city.

Just a question....

-R

Maybe, depending on how you look at it. Batman didn't abandon his rule. Earlier when he and Catwoman escaped Daggett via the Bat, Batman had the perfect opportunity to swivel around and blow Bane away pointblank.

Heh, I'm sure Echostation would love to comment on that pic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"